Stringer; is he performing to the expectations of the media and public ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks a bit heavy for mine, running like a duck. Can see he is a very good footballer though if he gets himself fit enough, he moves to the right spots and rarely loses one on ones. I think he could be a Paul Chapman type footballer if he gets his body shape and fitness right (still needs a bit of work though at the moment)

Looks a bit heavy for mine, running like a duck. Can see he is a very good footballer though if he gets himself fit enough, he moves to the right spots and rarely loses one on ones. I think he could be a Paul Chapman type footballer if he gets his body shape and fitness right (still needs a bit of work though at the moment)

Paul Chapman? Odd comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was pretty decent in a very ordinary game. I don't think 1 or 2 mistakes he made that were obvious to the eye equates to the rest of his game / him being a "dud". I'll be the first one to admit that I thought Stringer's addition to Dons may be questionable but I was surprised at his game. Round 1 and only improvement from here. He could be in for a big year.

Paul Chapman? Odd comparison.
Why so? I think he should aspire to be like a Chapman type player if he wants to swing between forward and mid. He has a similar shape and power to weight ratio but Chapman also had elite endurance which is what made him such a great player. Think Stringer wouldn't go too wrong trying to emulate a player like Chapman in what he could achieve if he gets himself fit enough and stays injury free. He has the talent. If he can get there then the Dons have got a bargain for sure.

Why so? I think he should aspire to be like a Chapman type player if he wants to swing between forward and mid. He has a similar shape and power to weight ratio but Chapman also had elite endurance which is what made him such a great player. Think Stringer wouldn't go too wrong trying to emulate a player like Chapman in what he could achieve if he gets himself fit enough and stays injury free. He has the talent. If he can get there then the Dons have got a bargain for sure.
Chappy had 1000x Stringer's workrate.

Chappy had 1000x Stringer's workrate.

yeah absolutely, but that's where Stringer needs to get to reach full potential, think he can do it if he works hard enough but he probably needs to drop a couple of kgs. I think hes got what it takes to be elite if he works hard over next couple of years. He is still pretty young

Was a typical stringer game. A couple of really good moments but largely you want more from him.

Nothing new about him tonight except the colours he’s wearing. He will have days where it clicks but if you want those you put up with the frustrating ones

Ridiculous thread. Personally was pretty happy with his game, he had some great impact with the possessions he had and worked hard defensively laying 7 tackles. I reckon the coaches would be pretty happy with him.
Another week and you know he'll kick the freakish goals that didn't come off today, that's not the worry with Jake.

Looked Like An Easter Egg On Legs.

You were impressed by his game?

Serviceable. First time up with a new club..huge pressure on him in front of a massive Essendon home crowd.

Did some nice things.

Devon Smith in same boat. New club and drifted in and out of play but I don’t see you hammering him with your mindless word drool.

You get out there and get a kick..and we’ll all give our critique on your performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back