Dragonball Super

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I was so hyped for this but the only time they got close to recapturing the magic of DBZ was the Zamasu arc. The power scaling is beyond a joke, Toriyama still can’t let go of his Vegeta hate and majority of the Z fighters are useless and irrelevant.

Yeah if you haven't watched the TOP yet then don't give up on Vegeta.

Do is it all in English yet?

The English dub is approximately 18 months behind the Japanese dub.

English is at episode 47 while the series in Japan has reached up to 124.

There's only 7 episodes left for the entire series, as this current arc, and dragon ball Super as a whole will be wrapping up at the end of March.

There will be a movie in December based on the origin of the Saiyans, and while nothing is confirmed at all, I do expect dragon ball in some form to be back next year. 2020 at the latest as Goku is an official ambassador for the Tokyo Olympics and they'd be missing a huge opportunity to cash in with foreigners if they didn't have an ongoing series running.

That being said, the English dub of super should be fully complete by the time you'd probably expect dragon ball to be coming back on the air.

Last edited:
and then the dub will fall behind again.

They're still doing the manga at least so hopefully they can base the next series a bit closer to that.

Hopefully the dub doesn't fall too far behind if and when the show returns. It doesn't take too long to dub anime these days. Some shows have done English dubs running alongside the Japanese version.

That being said, they shouldn't rush it.
The English dub of super is great and I feel really underrated by most people since they ****ed up by taking over a year to start dubbing it so the people that really wanted to watch super were just watching subs and most of them probably won't bother going back.

I love Sean Schemmel's Goku more than nozawa's in Japan. Probably because I grew up with it, but I feel he just does some things better than she does. Goku's screams and demeanor when fighting Hit in kaioken form gave me chills. Childish dumb Goku in Japan can't replicate that. (Even though that's how Goku's really meant to be. Dumb)

Business is really gonna pick up now for the English dub. Goku black arc and also with the anime ending in March I suspect people will tune into the English dub to fill the void. I know I will.

Last edited:
and then the dub will fall behind again.

They're still doing the manga at least so hopefully they can base the next series a bit closer to that.

A guy called toyotaro does the manga. He's not really that affiliated with the original creator of Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama. Even though I think they might be friends. Akira is a shut in and doesn't seem to care about much these days besides his family. He's also got health issues and forgets characters and forms. He's purely an advisor these days and most of the story writing is done by those at toei animation as they make the anime.

Toyotaro has just taken the anime content and put his own spin on things in the manga. Some things are different. But it's not confirmed if his manga will continue after the anime is gone since he hasn't been writing the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't like the ending tbh.

So they built up ultra instinct for a year only for it to mean s**t? Sorry but I thought the meaning of "mastering" something meant you can do it anytime and anywhere? Why master ultra instinct only for Goku to say he can't use it anymore?

Tori realised they ****ed up and made Goku too strong.

So Frieza is evil again? Well what is stopping him from going to namek and wishing for immortality? Let's not forget he can get infinitely stronger in mere months .

Whis can now revive people? Ok so all the struggles for the dragon balls in the past meant s**t?

The super dragon balls can "revive" those that were even erased from existence entirely?

What about Vegeta and his "Super Saiyan Blue Evolution" form? Can he still access it? That puts him stronger than Goku then. Or at least as strong as SSBKKx20 (most likely stronger)

So many other plotholes too.. of course 17 wasn't gonna wish for a ******* boat when Bulma can just give him one !!!

So basically the last 40 episodes were just a huge excuse to introduce 80+ new characters to the dragon ball franchise and seemingly set up an endless series.

Feels like the TOP meant nothing otherwise.
They tried too hard to give everyone a "happy ending"

Disappointied. Still love dragon ball though.

Didn't like the ending tbh.
Agreed. It wasn't as predictable as I'd have thought (Goku and Frieza sacrificing themselves to beat Jiren was unexpected).

So they built up ultra instinct for a year only for it to mean s**t? Sorry but I thought the meaning of "mastering" something meant you can do it anytime and anywhere? Why master ultra instinct only for Goku to say he can't use it anymore?
Also agreed. I will wait until the Manga and see what they do with it because more often than not is has been better than the Anime.

Tori realised they ****** up and made Goku too strong.
And Jiren. Far too strong.

So Frieza is evil again? Well what is stopping him from going to namek and wishing for immortality? Let's not forget he can get infinitely stronger in mere months .
Movie next year/this year and potential new series next year, have to set it up some how.

The super dragon balls can "revive" those that were even erased from existence entirely?
I've read a few theories on this and hope the Manga does a better job. I had read a few theories that they weren't erased, just teleported elsewhere as the tournament wouldn't be as exciting if people didn't realise their lives were on the line. And that if the winner didn't vote, then the Lords of Everything would have wiped all the universes in the tournament as said in the Anime.
But then that goes against the Dragon doing the wish and not the Lords.

So basically the last 40 episodes were just a huge excuse to introduce 80+ new characters to the dragon ball franchise and seemingly set up an endless series.
Once again, new movies coming out, not to mention potential new series next season. That said, besides Jiren, Toppo and the Universe 6(I think) Saiyans, all the other characters are now too weak. How TF can Hit compare with Jiren or Goku now? The power leveling is absolutely boned. Next series could end up like DBGT.

Agreed. It wasn't as predictable as I'd have thought (Goku and Frieza sacrificing themselves to beat Jiren was unexpected).

Also agreed. I will wait until the Manga and see what they do with it because more often than not is has been better than the Anime.

And Jiren. Far too strong.

Movie next year/this year and potential new series next year, have to set it up some how.

I've read a few theories on this and hope the Manga does a better job. I had read a few theories that they weren't erased, just teleported elsewhere as the tournament wouldn't be as exciting if people didn't realise their lives were on the line. And that if the winner didn't vote, then the Lords of Everything would have wiped all the universes in the tournament as said in the Anime.
But then that goes against the Dragon doing the wish and not the Lords.

Once again, new movies coming out, not to mention potential new series next season. That said, besides Jiren, Toppo and the Universe 6(I think) Saiyans, all the other characters are now too weak. How TF can Hit compare with Jiren or Goku now? The power leveling is absolutely boned. Next series could end up like DBGT.

Power scaling doesn't exist in super.

Kale and Caulifla will be super Saiyan 3 the next time we see them but their power levels will be as high as blue.

Because these days dragon ball is all about fan service and selling toys.

Logic went out the window after the cell saga of Z

The only way to keep the show going is to have stronger threats, only way to beat them is for the main characters to get stronger.

GT tried to combat that somewhat by making Goku a kid again. But then gave him SSJ4, which was just another step up from SSJ3.

And now this SSJB means he can scale his power or something? I dont really get the meaning behind it, as its been said its just another way to sell toys of Blue hair instead of Yellow.

The only way to keep the show going is to have stronger threats, only way to beat them is for the main characters to get stronger.

GT tried to combat that somewhat by making Goku a kid again. But then gave him SSJ4, which was just another step up from SSJ3.

And now this SSJB means he can scale his power or something? I dont really get the meaning behind it, as its been said its just another way to sell toys of Blue hair instead of Yellow.

Super Saiyan blue is meant to have better power control than the regular super Saiyan forms.

Think of the Super Saiyan forms as a lamp with only ,3 options. 3 being the "brightest" option and obviously the most energy draining.

Now Super Saiyan blue is a lamp that can dim itself all the way from 0 to (lets say 10 for example).

Goku can scale his power to match his opponent while in blue form because he is meant to have much better energy control since the original Super Saiyan forms are all based on "rage" and the godly forms are something else entirely, based on "control".

So when Goku fights Krillin in blue form he has his lamp switch on level 1, whereas he is fighting jiren he will have his switch on level 10.

I know it's a mind* to understand but the god forms are meant to be all about total control of energy output and not rage. Which Is what super Saiyan was meant to be.

Makes sense, since going SSJ2 and SSJ3 are generally achieved by breaking through using rage and what not.

Never was a huge fan of Super Saiyan God Red hair mode, Goku just looked...anorexic almost. He literally just dyed his hair red and had flames...and couldnt be sensed...And then he can randomly use it again during the ToP, which was odd.

Makes sense, since going SSJ2 and SSJ3 are generally achieved by breaking through using rage and what not.

Never was a huge fan of Super Saiyan God Red hair mode, Goku just looked...anorexic almost. He literally just dyed his hair red and had flames...and couldnt be sensed...And then he can randomly use it again during the ToP, which was odd.

I don't find Goku being able to access it again odd, the odd thing for me is that Vegeta can use a form higher than it without the ritual with literally no explanation as to how he did it.

That, is in fact, poor writing.

I don't find Goku being able to access it again odd, the odd thing for me is that Vegeta can use a form higher than it without the ritual with literally no explanation as to how he did it.

That, is in fact, poor writing.

Oh yeah hes dark blue hair deal was a major fan service ass pull. And the way he just kept getting up after "Using all his stamina" OH WAIT HES GOT MORE BLUE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back