David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has embarrassed himself this series. This just ices a very ugly cake for David in my opinion. Contributed very little against England, out of form coming into South Africa with an opportunity to redeem himself and assist our Country in winning but has instead sunk lower than the titanic.

Firstly, he hasn’t made runs. He is badly out of form and struggling with the bat. Secondly, the incident with De Kock or Du Plessis (whoever it was) just showed how fickle this boy is, he was given a very basic run of the mill sledge that is your standard go to by sportsman. His reaction was anything but measured, and showed a player void of focus and a slim thick enough to deflect it.

Thirdly, he is known as a serial sledger and has been a mouthpiece for years and years in the art of sledging. If anyone should be able to cop this very basic sledge, it should be him. His hypocritical and childish response just reflects a player so far off his game it’s not funny.

Fourthly, the idiot has been involved in this sledging saga as part of the leadership group. He has also kept a very low profile as VC in the aftermath of this incident. He is again a hypocrite, just several years back bemoaning the actions of Du Plessis for his Lilly in the mouth incident.

This guy really is unfit to hold any leadership position for Australia, and given his self righteous approach to the game, just isn’t someone who should be making decisions for Australia. He is also horribly out of form, and as a senior player, has prioritised that poorly given his actions have taken a more important place in his decision making process.

David Warner’s immediate future is Sheffield Shield, where he should be earning respect back making a lot of runs before he sees the baggy green again.

He has only ever been a KFC Big Basher in my eyes, the fact he has a spot in the test team just shows how crap cricket has become.

He comes across as a bit of a dick and his ego far outweighs his cricket ability, for this reason I am not really surprised that he would stoop this low to gain an unfair advantage.

Yeh, the "Warner is just a slogger" argument is baseless. He averages just under 50 from 74 games. Say what you want about bowlers over the last decade, that's still an impressive record.

Agree with the OP though. He's too volatile to have any kind of leadership role in the team and his performances over the last 6 months are barely justifying his place at the top of the order. We've cut him plenty of slack over the years, but it's time to move on.

Warner is an idiot but this statement is also idiotic.
Yep, ridiculous. Always amazes me just how far will go in rewriting history when given the opportunity.

He has been a very good Test player, whether you find him to be a delight, a turd or somewhere in the middle as a person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, ridiculous. Always amazes me just how far will go in rewriting history when given the opportunity.

He has been a very good Test player, whether you find him to be a delight, a turd or somewhere in the middle as a person.

Slight correction: a very good test player at home. Averages 38 away and if you take out one admittedly amazing series in SA (where conditions are more Australian than anywhere else) his record dips even further.

Slight correction: a very good test player at home. Averages 38 away and if you take out one admittedly amazing series in SA (where conditions are more Australian than anywhere else) his record dips even further.
You mean like multiple other players who've done much better either at home or away?

He's not Robinson Crusoe there. He is a very good Test player overall; a great one at home, and a decent but not fantastic one away from home.

I was a fan of Warner, but his last 6 weeks has turned me the other way. If the rumours are true, he shouldn't be allowed near a ground ever again

You mean like multiple other players who've done much better either at home or away?

He's not Robinson Crusoe there. He is a very good Test player overall; a great one at home, and a decent but not fantastic one away from home.

I mean like the multiple other players who have A giant asterisk next to their record.
Being ‘not Robinson crusoe’ changes his status as a batsman no more than ‘heaps of other players have cheated’ changes his status as a bloke.

Last edited:
I mean like the multiple other players who have A giant asterisk next to their record.
Being ‘bit Robinson crusoe’ changes his status as a batsman no more than ‘heaps of other players have cheated’ changes his status as a bloke.
I don't think anyone can argue that he's an alltime great, or that having an average near 50 doesn't flatter him a little, but he's clearly shown beyond any doubt that he's a genuine Test cricketer. His home and away record is comparable to Trescothick's with the main difference being that home conditions have been far more bat-friendly for Warner.

Come on he uses a bat that is nearly as big as he is and gets pies thrown at him on a freeway.
Flat pitches have ruined cricket.

Maybe I am starting to sound like my dad but back in the day Cricket was Cricket this s**t these days is just pathetic I remember the days when Ritchie could stick a massive Lockwood key down the crack of the pitch and half his hand would disapear.

I don't think anyone can argue that he's an alltime great, or that having an average near 50 doesn't flatter him a little, but he's clearly shown beyond any doubt that he's a genuine Test cricketer. His home and away record is comparable to Trescothick's with the main difference being that home conditions have been far more bat-friendly for Warner.

I have no argument against him being genuine test quality, it’s not like he doesn’t deserve his spot.

Come on he uses a bat that is nearly as big as he is and gets pies thrown at him on a freeway.
Flat pitches have ruined cricket.

Maybe I am starting to sound like my dad but back in the day Cricket was Cricket this s**t these days is just pathetic I remember the days when Ritchie could stick a massive Lockwood key down the crack of the pitch and half his hand would disapear.
Sound more like someone who hasn't really kept up with cricket since Warner debuted in the T20 side.

As far as I'm concerned this match alone invalidates the "He's just a big guy with a railway sleeper" argument.

Sound more like someone who hasn't really kept up with cricket since Warner debuted in the T20 side.

As far as I'm concerned this match alone invalidates the "He's just a big guy with a railway sleeper" argument.
To be fair you are right about that. The game just changed way too much and the skills dropped.

There are plenty of examples that would substantiate the argument that Warner is more of a T20 cricketer than a Test cricketer.
Bearing in mind that T20 and Test cricket both have the same fundamentals, you can't do what Warner does in T20 without having serious cricketing ability.
One important facet of Warner's game that supports the argument that he is more of T20 cricketer is that you can only get away with hitting through the line on conducive wickets. Warner has almost always failed when he has been unable to hit through the line.

International ex cricketers and journos everywhere refer to Warner with barely concealed dislike, speaking of his 'new level' personal abuse of oppo players. But none will say what he has said.

Does anyone here know what Dirty Dave has said? (FWIW it has to be pretty ordinary to beat some of the s**t McGrath, Warne, Hughes, etc have said)

Good riddance Warner has been an embarrassment to Australia for a long time now.
His potty hypocritically vile mouth and his antisocial behaviour on the field have left a lot to be desired.
The term “cashed up bogan” fits him to a tee.

His lack of any sense of grace , humility, good sportsmanship , class and decency and his hostile aggressive behaviour sadly has reflected badly on all Australians.

He should have been disciplined years ago by Cricket Australia but he was given to many chances and too much latitude and he started thinking he was above it all.

Hope this is a reality check that gets him to pull his head in.

This may be harsh, but I for one , never want to see him representing Australia in Cricket ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back