News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we get the number 1 or 2 draft pick since we’re going to be one of the new teams / expansion clubs?

Melbourne and Carlton have in perpetuity top 2 picks in recognition of their incredible contributions to women's sport.

Melbourne because the MCC now allows women to accompany men - and Carlton because Richard Pratt had long term relationships with not 1 but 2 women concurrently.

Melbourne and Carlton have in perpetuity top 2 picks in recognition of their incredible contributions to women's sport.

Melbourne because the MCC now allows women to accompany men - and Carlton because Richard Pratt had long term relationships with not 1 but 2 women concurrently.

29C8FF8F-7758-4C4E-BAA1-88A6900B87CD.jpeg

Is there any chance of having this particular topic shifted to a different thread? I’m not saying it’s not an important issue, just that I come on BigFooty to discuss North Melbourne with likeminded people, and not to read several pages of people’s impassioned tirades about hot button political issues.

If not then I might just avoid this thread until next year when our women’s team joins the league.

Is there any chance of having this particular topic shifted to a different thread? I’m not saying it’s not an important issue, just that I come on BigFooty to discuss North Melbourne with likeminded people, and not to read several pages of people’s impassioned tirades about hot button political issues.

If not then I might just avoid this thread until next year when our women’s team joins the league.

I would counter that the AFLW is a political issue. In fact, it wouldn't exist if not for politics.

However, I agree that two separate threads may be a better way of managing this matter.

As you wish boner.

Posts not specifically related to North Melbourne's AFLW venture have been moved to:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ussion-only-matchday-chat-thread-iii.1144738/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gather there will be quite a shake up of the Victorian squads as the new teams come in

One can only hope that all the women that previously had an association with us through the MUGARS want to return to Arden St.

Wasn't really aware Melbourne Uni had an association with North Melbourne

Similar to Vic Uni & Western Bulldogs, or longer?
Our association with Melb Uni has gone for a lot longer than the Dogs and Vic Uni.

Edit: since 2010.

North Melbourne showed great foresight and leadership when it entered into a meaningful and unique partnership with Melbourne Uni back in 2010," Kane said.

One can only hope that all the women that previously had an association with us through the MUGARS want to return to Arden St.
This is the AFL running things

Everyone goes to the draft and gets access to our best players leaving us handicapped like its 1925

It will be great having an AFLW team to cheer on next year. When you couple that with our new VFL team, things are really looking up on a few fronts. It seems the club is in the exact reverse position to what we were in the nineties.. i.e. we’re flying off the field and bogged down on the pitch. LDU, Simpkin, Ahern, Walker, Larkey, Thomas, Murphy, EVW, Silver, Xerri and Rankine or Blakey or Scott or Kelly will sort that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin foil hat territory.

It's not like the team name or guernsey bear any prominent mention of Tasmania. People need to calm down.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a wish.

We get it up and nurtured and they can take the whole thing lock, stock and barrel in 3-4 years time as part of their eventual push for a stand alone club. It will have served it's purpose for us by then.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a wish.

We get it up and nurtured and they can take the whole thing lock, stock and barrel in 3-4 years time as part of their eventual push for a stand alone club. It will have served it's purpose for us by then.

Can understand your logic but can't imagine Ben and Carl are planning to offload the team anytime soon.

Can understand your logic but can't imagine Ben and Carl are planning to offload the team anytime soon.
They wont and its purpose won't served in a couple of years.

15k+ seat stadium at Arden st enough for our VFL and AFLW team.

Also gives us an exit position should the big push come.

They wont and its purpose won't served in a couple of years.

15k+ seat stadium at Arden st enough for our VFL and AFLW team.

Also gives us an exit position should the big push come.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back