Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that next week when Cox is named at full forward. Why are some players so protected? I don't recall Coxy getting the same support after one shocker. Blair is another openly targeted and rarely defended.
Do you hope Schazz plays well?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Ugene41

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Really happy with the changes. Would love to see Scharenberg playing up forward. Been saying it for the last year. Could be his best position as a link up forward (Tom Lynch Adelaide style) with precise delivery into the forward 50. Make him CHF and Reid FF.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am ok even if he doesn’t.....
So am I. There were plenty on here though who had him well outside the best 22, based on practice matches. Round 2 and he’s back in the side.

Feb 21, 2009
Sai Yok Noi
AFL Club
Collingwood
She'll be a dirty day for Pies fans.

Six goals down at quarter time, nine by half time and fifteen by the final siren.

Crowd might just scrape past 25,000 but only half of that will stick around for the final siren.

Fogarty fills a need at the Pies. And I like what I have seen tonight. We are allowed to reflect critically on drafting. Stephenson had better be good!

Fogarty does look solid, but Stephenson also fills a need and I reckon he has a much higher potential ceiling than Fogarty.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Do you hope Schazz plays well?
Of course! I hope he kicks a bag if he plays forward. I have no animosity toward him as a player or person-I just don't rate him at all based on what I have seen. Buckley has infuriated me during the past year or two but I would be ecstatic if under Buckley, we turned our fortunes around.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Of course! I hope he kicks a bag if he plays forward. I have no animosity toward him as a player or person-I just don't rate him at all based on what I have seen. Buckley has infuriated me during the past year or two but I would be ecstatic if under Buckley, we turned our fortunes around.
No matter how much we have criticuzed the coach I am sure we would all welcome a turn around. Forgive and forget. But the wins have got to happen first.

Fogarty is a much better player than I'd have believed from the pre draft comments. And he looks tough and fit.
He does. He also appears to be a beautiful kick. But, he also appears to lack a yard or two of pace and hasn't yet shown the ability to use his physique to win much of the footy. I haven't seen anything to make me think there is star potential.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
On another note. Painful watching Seedsman play so solidly for Adelaide. Not a star but the kind of player we need.pace, run, good skills.
The seed is an ok player.
Medium talent.
He would make no difference to us, be just another player for us.
Good average footballer wish him well but of no difference to us.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The seed is an ok player.
Medium talent.
He would make no difference to us, be just another player for us.
Good average footballer wish him well but of no difference to us.
He's better than a fair few players we have

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Perhaps the administration smelt the whiff of discontent coming from the supporters about the possible inclusion of Mayne and Blair .
You mean the 50 or so anonymous people of a footy forum....yeah, that must have been the reason

You could just imagine the conversation at the Selection Committee
"Bucks don't go there mate, the guys over at Big Footy will get really shitty"

So am I. There were plenty on here though who had him well outside the best 22, based on practice matches. Round 2 and he’s back in the side.
Ah jmac70 you like stirring the pot. I wish Berg well this week and hope he blossoms from here.

I was one of the posters you discussed this with. You have even quoted my "well outside the best 22" comment which was made in reference to him starting well outside the best 22 for the start of the season. At the time you jumped on my comment and claimed he was clearly carrying an injury although you couldn't substantiate the claim and there has never been any reference to that and Berg seemed to play practice matches and train from the get go this pre season.

You may also recall me clarifying my remarks to you saying he would start the season well outside the 22 with these comments

"Will start VFL for the season and have to make a move from there."

"Doesn't mean he won't fight his way back in soon enough."

"This seems more plausible than the idea he is carrying an injury that keeps him out of the seniors but isn't bad enough to preclude the VFL."

So how did it play out?

Berg started the season well outside the 22 as evidenced by his non selection in the 22 or 4 emergencies despite 6 other best 22 players being MIA for round 1. He starts in the VFL last week, reportedly "looked at home at half back" in a match report on our site putting him among the standouts. Injuries and suspensions occur in the AFL side from round 1 and he fights his way back into the 22 soon enough. No signs he was ever carrying the mystery injury.

My conclusion - GC nailed it

Moral of the post - Self praise and use of the 3rd person is worthless and can make you look like a tool poster but it sure is dependable.

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy with the changes, would have liked to see Phillips out as well but that will come when We start to put together our best 22.

Going to be some interesting position changes on Saturday I reckon... looking forward to seeing how we line up.

Moore to stay down back and play on Cameron.
Dunn to line up on Patton.
Sidebottom needs to play forward for mine.
I like Brown in the middle - he looks a natural mid rather than a forward so would like to see him start there.

How about someone like WHE at full forward?

How I would like to see us line up:

B - Howe Dunn Sharenberg
HB - Murray Moore Crisp
C - Treloar Pendlebury Maynard
HF - Thomas Reid Sidebottom
F - Varcoe WHE Crocker
R - Grundy Adams Brown
INT - Langdon Stephenson Aish Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back