Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone has missed it, I’m backing the Berg in.
I just like him.
Good guy.
Many setbacks.
Great great attitude.
Hard worker.

Fingers crossed he blossoms.

Oh and he has real poise.

FB - Murray // Dunn // Maynard
CHB - Crisp // Moore // Howe
W - Thomas // Pendles // Phillips
HF - WHE // Sharenberg // Brown
FF - Varcoe // Reid // Sidebottom
F - Grundy // Adams // Treloar
INT - Stephenson // Langdon // Aish // Crocker

Thats how i would set up.

Hi guys

Interestingly we've left Corr out for his game. Lack of talls up forward to match up is assumed by us to be the reason. If Cox was playing I doubt we would have done it.

The game will be won or lost in the midfield though. Lobb probably our best option against Grundy, he did ok at Spotless last year anyway, and he'll play.

You mids always seem to disrupt ours and I'm a lot less confident this week than last, even allowing for unknowns round 1 always brings.

All of this: Crucial name JEREMY HOWE

Trade 16:

Paul Seedsman Collingwood Adelaide Pick 32 [28]
Jeremy Howe Melbourne Collingwood Ben Kennedy
Pick 68 Port Adelaide Paul Seedsman
Pick 29 Port Adelaide Melbourne Jimmy Toumpas
Pick 50
Ben Kennedy Collingwood Jeremy Howe
Jimmy Toumpas Melbourne Port Adelaide Pick 29
Pick 50
Pick 32 Adelaide Pick 68

So to sum up we got JEREMY HOWE

I defy anyone to say they’d swap Seedsman back for Howe?

Thanks mate. Seedsman and Kennedy it looks like to me. But Howe is definitely a win.

I’m not sure you did nail it GC. From memory I said Schazz probably has a niggle and is building up to match fitness. That may well have still been the case. Regardless, he’s back in the best 22 by round 2, which indicates he is still very much part of plans this season.

We certainly can agree on the hope that he has a great game tomorrow.

I assumed he had a niggle too, since he didn't do much in the JLT.

Happy we got Howe out of it. But we could have kept seedsman and still got howe
That just doesnt make sense to me. You acknowledge we got a great deal by getting Howe and got one off the list who doesnt make it in the end BenKen. Unrealistic to think we should have just given up 2 duds to get Howe. Trading doesnt work like that.

ps I really should have added:

Seedsman has become exponentially a better player the longer he’s left our club.

Time will tell that losing him was a mistake although the trade itself has worked out well. Hes playing really well. I dont say that about many Collingwood players we have lost and appreciate we got Howe in the deal but hes in hot form so far this year and hes exactly what we are missing.

That just doesnt make sense to me. You acknowledge we got a great deal by getting Howe and got one off the list who doesnt make it in the end BenKen. Unrealistic to think we should have just given up 2 duds to get Howe. Trading doesnt work like that.
Your right, but on big footy it’s the opposite, duds are equal to to superstars when trading.

I’m not sure you did nail it GC. From memory I said Schazz probably has a niggle and is building up to match fitness. That may well have still been the case. Regardless, he’s back in the best 22 by round 2, which indicates he is still very much part of plans this season.

We certainly can agree on the hope that he has a great game tomorrow.
Cmon Jmac. I nailed it. Your words were "He’s clearly carrying an injury". He wasnt best 22 at the start of the season which was my contention and I have to say I have pictured the subsequent senario perfectly. I'm feeling the self love today which is good because it's been a shite week.

No one was ever suggesting he wasnt part of the clubs plan for the season. We agree on that and wishing him the best today.

Time will tell that losing him was a mistake although the trade itself has worked out well. Hes playing really well. I dont say that about many Collingwood players we have lost and appreciate we got Howe in the deal but hes in hot form so far this year and hes exactly what we are missing.
Yes in good form, may be not a party boy any more, which will help.

Cmon Jmac. I nailed it. Your words were "He’s clearly carrying an injury". He wasnt best 22 at the start of the season which was my contention and I have to say I have pictured the subsequent senario perfectly. I'm feeling the self love today which is good because it's been a shite week.

No one was ever suggesting he wasnt part of the clubs plan for the season. We agree on that and wishing him the best today.
I’m happy that you are happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ps I really should have added:

Seedsman has become exponentially a better player the longer he’s left our club.

The Seed has many of the same limitations he had at Collingwood, that is true, but I also think that he's shown signs of improvement. He'll never be a robust footballer, but his second efforts this season and his ability to keep himself in contests for longer have been notable.

But that's okay. Sometimes it just takes a change in scenery to bring out different elements in yourself.

The Seed has many of the same limitations he had at Collingwood, that is true, but I also think that he's shown signs of improvement. He'll never be a robust footballer, but his second efforts this season and his ability to keep himself in contests for longer have been notable.

But that's okay. Sometimes it just takes a change in scenery to bring out different elements in yourself.
Fair points.
He’s more of what he was doing Anzac Day a few years back.

I like him
And wish him well.

Just not a difference maker overall.

And for us to scoot up the ladder we need to bring in better quality stick, A grade and above.
More of that, more improvement.
Even the FD will be considered better.

Forgive me if I'm wrong (again) but isn't Ned Guy our new list manager. And seeing Mr Guy hasn't even had one "go" at redefining the list in any way shape or form, isn't all this seething discontent about the Collingwood list (injuries aside) isn't it a moot point really? The review urged new list management strategies and Ned will have his chance in November and beyond.
Isn't what we have just what it is? And therefore isn't all this whining and whinging really just monotonous drivel?
Its a beautiful day outside. Grab a board and have a surf lads, all will be well in its own (well Ned's) good time.
Less whinging please...you sound like a pack of Geelong supporters!

FB - Murray // Dunn // Maynard
CHB - Crisp // Moore // Howe
W - Thomas // Pendles // Phillips
HF - WHE // Sharenberg // Brown
FF - Varcoe // Reid // Sidebottom
F - Grundy // Adams // Treloar
INT - Stephenson // Langdon // Aish // Crocker

Thats how i would set up.

Swap Moore for Reid, I like it.

Hope you're right, TD.
My gut is worried about how much we could lose by.

I tipped us to lose by 77pts but I have felt like we had no Chance just for us to win and we play well against GWS

Fogarty is a much better player than I'd have believed from the pre draft comments. And he looks tough and fit.

Helps he plays for just about the Best Team in the Comp and Gets Great Delivery. Would not get that at Collingwood

These decisions aren’t made in isolation.

At the time he was let go he was average and it got us Jeremy Howe as it were.

Others kept on the list at the time. Not relevant.
He is an ok type but he’s not a difference maker like Jeremy Howe.
Wasn't he the current Anzac Day Medallist when he was let go? He was a difference maker that day. It showed he could really play. Not sure what happened to him as that season wore on

Wasn't he the current Anzac Day Medallist when he was let go? He was a difference maker that day. It showed he could really play. Not sure what happened to him as that season wore on
He got a touch of the McGoughs.

A good average player, but I think we all forget how hard it is to be an ongoing top shelf player.
The commitment, resilience etc it’s just relentless.
Some have more of it than others.
Football is not an easy business to rise to the top and cement yourself there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back