Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He's the type of "journalist" who wants to be the news rather than write the news.

His campaigns over things that are not newsworthy, rather him just pushing personal grudges/agendas is what's ridiculous.

If Port supporters turn their memory back to the fading days of Primus' coaching career they'll recall.

I tend to think that he is a Port supporter and Crow hater first and foremost and a journalist second and is unable to split his personal and professional allegiances.

I think Rucci was one of those self entitled Port supporters (like many on the Port board) who deludely thought that Port dominating the SA football landscape was just going to be a mere formality.

He sat back in the early 2000s arrogantly telling everyone what was going to happen, but then went into meltdown when it didn't. Rucci has then spent the next 15 years trying to do everything he can in his power behind the scenes to try and make it happen.

The day Rucci informed the AFL about Gibbs's F/S non eligibility is the day he should have been cut from meaningful contact from our club.

How can he expect our club to work with him after that.

As Kern woukd say "You get what you deserve".

If he truly believes he is about uncovering the truth, why is he not asking the questions about why Port were reliant on an election result to fulfill a joint major sponsorship spot and why MJK are no longer a club sponsor and what relationship Jay had with that signing given there is a photo of him co-signing the Port sponsorships contract.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ha, Caro just discussed Rucci being on the outer with Adelaide and that he thinks the AFC are trying to get him sacked.
Disappointed in Caro if that's what she said. She's better than that (most of the time, anyway).

I mean, how could you report seriously that a journalist "thinks a football club is trying to get him sacked"? That's tabloid stuff.

Footy clubs don't try to get journalists sacked, they've got better things to do with their time and energy. What they might do, is be selective about which journalists they deal with, and for good reason. If the possible consequence of that is that said journalist might find his position untenable, because he has been unable to maintain good relationships / contacts (which is, you know, his job), then so be it. That's not "a club trying to get him sacked".

She said that someone really needs to get the two parties together to sort it out as it’s become toxic

Oh dear, Caro, again I am disappointed. Why on earth would someone need to "get the 2 parties together to sort it out"? It's a case of a football club not wanting to deal with a journalist who has, in their eyes, persistently tried to undermine that club. So what? Why is there a need to "get them together to sort it out"? It's a professional sporting / media environment, Caro, not a failing marriage.

Our Domain sponsorship ends this season. I know the Advertiser were spewing about Domain getting on board with us.

Well we can all refer uncle Rupert to the man that directly resulted in the sponsorship by Domain - and the almost certain renewal of the sponsorship at some stage of the season.

#murdochisevil :D

Oh dear, Caro, again I am disappointed. Why on earth would someone need to "get the 2 parties together to sort it out"? It's a case of a football club not wanting to deal with a journalist who has, in their eyes, persistently tried to undermine that club. So what? Why is there a need to "get them together to sort it out"? It's a professional sporting / media environment, Caro, not a failing marriage.
If us giving Rucci the cold shoulder of late has proven anything, it's that there is no "need" at all on our part to interact with him. We've survived well enough without him so far, but it seems he might not be able to say the same.

The day Rucci informed the AFL about Gibbs's F/S non eligibility is the day he should have been cut from meaningful contact from our club.

If he truly believes he is about uncovering the truth, why is he not asking the questions about why Port were reliant on an election result to fulfill a joint major sponsorship spot and why MJK are no longer a club sponsor and what relationship Jay had with that signing given there is a photo of him co-signing the Port sponsorships contract.

Yep and sadly that's not the only stuff that he's done either

He went to the AFL to get Burton suspended, but then deliberately withheld information so Wakelin wouldn't suffer the same fate.
He went to the AFL to try and stop Dangerfield from playing the TAC Cup after the Crows had drafted him
Was posting false accusations about Eddie Betts on his Twitter page implying that he had somehow signed an illegal contract and was demanding that the AFL investigate the AFC.
Was the main agitator with the Talia brothers investigation demanding the AFL reopen the investigation and seize phone records etc.

Basically he is like a dog with a bone and will sit there raking the muck in the hope that he finds something that will somehow damage the AFC.

Now none of this would be important if his belief of "seeking the truth" applied to both teams, but it clearly doesn't. When it comes to Port, as you correctly point out, he either tries to sweep things under the carpet or never reports about them. He once tried to justify himself by coming up with a lame excuse by saying, "there's enough people in media already that can report on these issues about Port, it's not always up to me to report everything". Yet when it's the Crows he always makes the argument that he's obliged to report on it.

The disparity between how he reports about both teams is evidence of a clear pattern of behavior and a very telling and obvious sign of his agenda.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and sadly that's not the only stuff that he's done either

He went to the AFL to get Burton suspended, but then deliberately withheld information so Wakelin wouldn't suffer the same fate.
He went to the AFL to try and stop Dangerfield from playing the TAC Cup after the Crows had drafted him
Was posting false accusations about Eddie Betts on his Twitter page implying that he had somehow signed an illegal contract and was demanding that the AFL investigate the AFC.
Was the main agitator with the Talia brothers investigation demanding the AFL reopen the investigation and seize phone records etc.

Basically he is like a dog with a bone and will sit there raking the muck in the hope that he finds something that will somehow damage the AFC.

Now none of this would be important if his belief of "seeking the truth" applied to both teams, but it clearly doesn't. When it comes to Port, as you correctly point out, he either tries to sweep things under the carpet or never reports about them.

The disparity between how he reports about both teams is evidence of a clear pattern of behavior and a very telling and obvious sign of his agenda.

You are forgetting the time where he calls out Gibb's Father for playing not enough games for his club during the f/s period however failing to recognise that Russell Ebert didn't either during said period for his son Brett.

You are forgetting the time where he calls out Gibb's Father for playing not enough games for his club during the f/s period however failing to recognise that Russell Ebert didn't either during said period for his son Brett.

Yeah Geoffa brought that one up and don't worry I haven't forgotten that one either.

I don't think that Rucci wrote the article, but from what I was told he was definitely the person went to the AFL about it.

Devils advocate.. what if Kornes replaces Rucci

I would be fine with that, Kornes in my opinion is pretty harmless. He has shown that he at least is honest about his dislike towards the club and knows his place and doesn't try meddle behind the scenes in things that he shouldn't.

The problem with Rucci is not his dislike towards the club, but it's his hidden agenda and the way he continually abuses his position to try and cause trouble behind the scenes and then plays dumb when he's called out on it.

Last edited:
I would be fine with that, Kornes in my opinion is pretty harmless. He has shown that he at least honest about his dislike towards the club and knows his place and doesn't try meddle behind the scenes in things that he shouldn't.

The problem with Rucci is not his dislike towards the club, but it's his hidden agenda and the way he continually abuses his position to try and cause trouble behind the scenes and then plays dumb when he's called out on it.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with Rucci having an opinion that goes against our club. We can take that with a grain of salt.

It is his actions and lies to instigate negative outcomes for our club that is why he has been frozen out.

Even with this training camp he us pushing for an investigation and claiming there are reports on Fagan's desk that could have AFL sanction implications for our club.

Yet Dangerfield as President of the AFLPA has said no formal complaint has been made.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with Rucci having an opinion that goes against our club. We can take that with a grain of salt.

This is the problem with footy media in Adelaide, and the AFL generally. Clubs could do with some investigative journalism, and opinions that are informed, rather than a conga line of fanbois or trolls. For us, Rowe is a fanboi (which doesn't help) and Rooch is a troll (which also doesn't help).

Frankly, I think that the PAPs could do with a blowtorch in regards to their sponsorship problems, their membership issues and their lack of ticket sales forcing them to give tickets away. (So roll on PAP-happy media ...)

I'd be keen on an ICAC investigation

I think Rucci was one of those self entitled Port supporters (like many on the Port board) who deludely thought that Port dominating the SA football landscape was just going to be a mere formality.

He sat back in the early 2000s arrogantly telling everyone what was going to happen, but then went into meltdown when it didn't. Rucci has then spent the next 15 years trying to do everything he can in his power behind the scenes to try and make it happen.

I've mentioned on this Board before that I worked in the Media Centre when Port was hitting its 2001-2003 straps.

What you say about Rooch is absolutely on the money. It was all about Port taking over the AFL just like the SANFL, now that they'd established themselves. Dynasties with a Williams in charge. Blah blah wanky blah. Needless to say, those finals they lost cut far deeper to someone who was supposed to be an unbiased observer of the game.

I tend to think that he is a Port supporter and Crow hater first and foremost and a journalist second and is unable to split his personal and professional allegiances.

I've also said before on this Board that I think Rooch is a good journalist, but he can't put his personal allegiances aside. Which, considering he was (might even still be) the official historian of the Port Adelaide Football Club. How many other great sports journalists do you know who have that close an association with one club in the competition they're supposed to cover?

Years ago a mate was going out with a well known national political journo. He mentioned that she told him that Rucci was adamantly trying his hardest to get Sanderson sacked as coach, this was about 6-12 months before he was sacked. I quizzed my mate about it at the time as it didn’t make sense and I didn’t understand the angle Rucci would be coming at.
In hindsight it was the best thing that Adelaide could’ve done at the time and I can only assume that Rucci still feels embittered for his perceived part in it.
Everybody sing along....

“What a funny old fellow is Rucci.
He gets in all manner of strife.
He leads a very dreary life,
And tripe is his favourite fare.
What a funny old fellow is Rucci......”

Just dipped my toe into Port Power’s head nodding media post. Boy oh boy wowee. Apparently the Crows are a truly sick, vile and disgusting organisation, run by a megalomaniac (Fagan) who runs a media empire. All the Crows’ supporters obviously wear blinkers. Rucci is a poor, picked upon fellow being bullied by a North Korean styled juggernaut. :eek:

ETA Oops, we’re also the worst fan base in the world!
Have to learn to turn a blind eye mate. Port supporters are always going to hate on us as they feel like the inferior little brother who got picked on and bullied out of the AFL in 1990. It's not personal...it just makes them feel better. Also a lot of them were Port Magpies supporters and they just hate everyone other than Port supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back