New sports radio station arriving to rival SEN

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
, nobody is going to know this new sports station exists except for us idiots loitering BigFooty. .

They're running advertisments for it constantly on 3AW.

Quite convinent, mainly because they forgot to syncronise their ads with SEN, can avoid all ads by switching between them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone know what time ox and Marko are on?
They won't start til after the commonwealth games finish I believe.
They're running advertisments for it constantly on 3AW.

Quite convinent, mainly because they forgot to syncronise their ads with SEN, can avoid all ads by switching between them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
How long that lasts, I'm not so sure. But I also noticed it and have enjoyed it. Flicking between the 2 is great and to have to sports talkback stations is exciting. I've enjoyed the male and female co hosts for the station in the morning and lunch shows.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Macquarie Sports Radio has also secured exclusive broadcast rights to live English Premier League matches (EPL).

Three EPL games will be broadcast each week, across the weekend overnights program.

This is pretty significant, probably something that SEN should have pursued harder.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I didn't mind what I heard from the new station so far. I liked Beau Ryan, he's someone different to listen to. Tony Leonard affirmed why I need Dr bothered with 3aw before. It was good to hear Mieke Buchan, she seems to have improved from when I was last exposed to her.

edit: Atm, I'm taking Macquarie evenings over SEN.

Last edited:

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Depends if they can adapt. Management would have directed them to pay more attention to NRL (and not just Storm) and Super Rugby so it depends if they can adapt.
You’re kidding yeah?

Marko has very poor knowledge of pretty much every sport other than golf and his lack of preparation when interviewing non afl athletes made for some horrible radio.

No chance of me switching to listen to those two.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You’re kidding yeah?

Marko has very poor knowledge of pretty much every sport other than golf and his lack of preparation when interviewing non afl athletes made for some horrible radio.

No chance of me switching to listen to those two.
Might want to have a very good producer doing there research.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not into Tiff Cherry. But in a quieter period of Gerard's show, I switched over and found Bruce Eva on with David Morrow. It's been a long time coming for Brucey boy! Getting bumped off SEN, and while he's been doing work on 3aw, it's taken til now for him to get a gig on a sports station. At the same time, Finey and Leach are out in the wilderness! I hope he has a regular role on the station.

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not into Tiff Cherry. But in a quieter period of Gerard's show, I switched over and found Bruce Eva on with David Morrow. It's been a long time coming for Brucey boy! Getting bumped off SEN, and while he's been doing work on 3aw, it's taken til now for him to get a gig on a sports station. At the same time, Finey and Leach are out in the wilderness! I hope he has a regular role on the station.

Another ex SEN personality has joined as well, in Matt Thompson.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
This tweet has the AFL Nation call details. Macquarie Sports radio taking Saturday games obviously different to the 3AW game.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
I didn't mind what I heard from the new station so far. I liked Beau Ryan, he's someone different to listen to. Tony Leonard affirmed why I need Dr bothered with 3aw before. It was good to hear Mieke Buchan, she seems to have improved from when I was last exposed to her.

edit: Atm, I'm taking Macquarie evenings over SEN.

Mieke Buchan is a tragic name-dropper, know-it-all, big-noting two-bob tryhard !!

She was doing the weekend breakfast & mornings up here with Rob Duckworth and her incessant laughing at her very unfunny comments is painful to the ears. She also cannot tell you enough that she (a) lived in America for a while, (b) worked at XYZ years ago, (c) knows XYZ as a personal friend, or any other attempts to make out she is far more important than she is.

Z-grade celeb who thinks she is on the A-list.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mieke Buchan is a tragic name-dropper, know-it-all, big-noting two-bob tryhard !!

She was doing the weekend breakfast & mornings up here with Rob Duckworth and her incessant laughing at her very unfunny comments is painful to the ears. She also cannot tell you enough that she (a) lived in America for a while, (b) worked at XYZ years ago, (c) knows XYZ as a personal friend, or any other attempts to make out she is far more important than she is.

Wasn't she swinging hands with Dermie for a while?

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

hehe. I haven't heard from her in a while, and I thought she's come across well from listening to the show she's on.

What about Stephanie Brantz (another SBS product), any problems with her?

Wasn't she swinging hands with Dermie for a while?
From the rumours I remember, a few nfl teams as well!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I turned over to station for a couple of minutes whist driving late last night. Normally listening to SEN or music but when I turned over pommy caller talking about some striker in soccer at some english club and then it turns out host was pommy too and realised all they doing is having some feed from England for some soccer/sports show over there. I just laughed and turned off. It is not even local radio.

Back