EPL Matchday 33

Will Man City win the league this weekend against Man United?

• Yes, When's the parade?

• Not yet, maybe the games after against Spurs or Swansea.

• If they do, Jack Watts will give them a guard of honour.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

CL/EL games between matchday 32 and 33. Also postponed games from 2 matchdays ago still not announced.

My Picks:
Bournemouth vs Palace 1-1
Brighton vs Huddersfield 0-0
Leicester vs Newcastle 2-1
Stoke vs Spurs 1-4
Watford vs Burnley 0-1
West Brom vs Swansea 0-1
Man City vs Man United 2-1
Everton vs Liverpool 1-2
Chelsea vs West Ham 1-1
Arsenal vs Soton 2-0

It's their cup final. They will be up for It, we will be tired. We still have the quality to overcome them but I wouldn't be surprised if we drop points.
Like we were up for it in Big Sams first Derby? At least with Van Dijk in defence we should score a goal, but probably concede 5. In our 2 games against Liverpool you've had 37 shots to 7.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but City need 5 wins from their last 7 games (+ a draw) to reach 100 league points. Remarkable season.

People always go on about Arsenal and their invincible team but City will far exceed the invincibles points tally. I was thinking about the great teams I’ve seen and I think city’s donination of the league this season outstrips anything I’ve previously seen. Shame it’s tarred though by the dubious and copious amounts of cash they spend

A point would be a good result for us.

Just our luck Slim Jim Slimani finally got out on the pitch for us us and then is ineligible for the next match. :p

Everton vs. Liverpool - 1-1
Bournemouth vs. Crystal Palace - 1-0
Brighton Hove & Albion vs. Huddersfield - 0-0
Leicester vs. Newcastle Utd - 2-0
Stoke vs. Tottenham - 1-2
Watford vs. Burnley - 2-0
West Brom vs. Swansea - 0-3
Man City vs. Man Utd - 1-0
Arsenal vs. Southampton - 3-1
Chelsea vs. West Ham - 3-0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's OK, he was out randomly to injury for us as well.

Also, didn't get the chance to mention, but congrats on making it to the Asian Cup for the first ever time!

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/04/0...her-level-with-asian-cup-qualification-palami

Yeah, he seems to have an air of mystery about him since he came across on loan - some fans wondering why we got him if he was injured (mind you, we also missed out and perhaps dodged a bullet with Sturridge). I think he got through unscathed for Algeria on the international break thankfully which is probably why he got his debut. Only played 10 or so mins but seemed to already show a glimpse of what he can bring to the table. Much more physical striker than Gayle or Joselu and had surprising mobility for a player of his size (and perhaps lack of match fitness). He even nearly nabbed the winning goal against Huddersfield after he came on. Just a shame we'll only see a few appearances from him given there isn't a whole lot of games left.

He is even within a chance of beating Gayle, Perez (5 each) and Joselu (4) to be our leading goal scorer. Apparently the record lowest tally for a highest goal scorer for us is 7 so hopefully his return to playing can kick start the goals. :p

Oh and thanks for pointing out the mighty Azkal achievement. I hadn't seen that yet! Though my enthusiasm for the next Asian Cup foray has been somewhat dampened by Graham Arnold's appointment; this is definitely something to make me excited for the tournament. :cool:

Yeah, he seems to have an air of mystery about him since he came across on loan - some fans wondering why we got him if he was injured (mind you, we also missed out and perhaps dodged a bullet with Sturridge). I think he got through unscathed for Algeria on the international break thankfully which is probably why he got his debut. Only played 10 or so mins but seemed to already show a glimpse of what he can bring to the table. Much more physical striker than Gayle or Joselu and had surprising mobility for a player of his size (and perhaps lack of match fitness). He even nearly nabbed the winning goal against Huddersfield after he came on. Just a shame we'll only see a few appearances from him given there isn't a whole lot of games left.

He is even within a chance of beating Gayle, Perez (5 each) and Joselu (4) to be our leading goal scorer. Apparently the record lowest tally for a highest goal scorer for us is 7 so hopefully his return to playing can kick start the goals. :p

Oh and thanks for pointing out the mighty Azkal achievement. I hadn't seen that yet! Though my enthusiasm for the next Asian Cup foray has been somewhat dampened by Graham Arnold's appointment; this is definitely something to make me excited for the tournament. :cool:

Yeah, we were wondering the same thing to. We thought for sure you'd back out once we learnt of the injury, but I guess you guys were just that keen for a striker (I also made that joke about Sturridge and Slimani for West Brom, lol.)

You know, comments like that fully agree with the feeling that each team has their own rhythm and balance. Players that look awesome for one team, look crap in another. When Slimani was with us, he looked very turgid and slow, and couldn't link up the gap between midfield and attack. That's what happens when you use Okazaki. But as noted, he does look a lot faster in Algeria games, and I'm glad that you think he's got that Algerian mobility about him (even though in theory, our wide gap from midfield to forward is a big problem.)

The one thing I still don't get is why the hell we got rid of both Slimani and Ulloa. You would've thought you had to keep at least one tall (and it's even more hilarious with Chris Wood doing well, the same guy we ditched for Ulloa.) Ah well, at least we're performing...? 6th best record for the whole of 2018 apparently.

I do hope he at least adds some respectability and indeed takes out your top goal-scoring, for it means you should be winning games!

Glad to see you've got a bit of pep back for the cup. Do note that thanks to the extended format, it does mean that the Azkuls can finish 3rd in their group, and could win the cup Portugal style! Great chance move on to the next round!

People always go on about Arsenal and their invincible team but City will far exceed the invincibles points tally. I was thinking about the great teams I’ve seen and I think city’s donination of the league this season outstrips anything I’ve previously seen. Shame it’s tarred though by the dubious and copious amounts of cash they spend
It'd be interesting to see how the two teams would face up against each other.

Think our defence smashes theirs. Midfield and attack is hard to split IMO.

Henry is better than any player in City's squad today IMO.

WealstoneRaider look what you've made him do, it must be Sophie's Choice!

Everton vs. Liverpool - 1-1
Bournemouth vs. Crystal Palace - 1-0
Brighton Hove & Albion vs. Huddersfield - 0-0
Leicester vs. Newcastle Utd - 2-0
Stoke vs. Tottenham - 1-2
Watford vs. Burnley - 2-0
West Brom vs. Swansea - 0-3
Man City vs. Man Utd - 1-0
Arsenal vs. Southampton - 3-1
Chelsea vs. West Ham - 3-0
Will be just a little bit annoyed if we only manage two goals on Stoke.
Even the slack jawed yokels down the road managed 3 :drunk:

I'd still go Arsenal's team. Had more campaigners in the team which is important. Much better defensively. Plus they never lost a match. City have...

Technically speaking it’s far better to win nine and lose one than it is to win five and draw five though.

I ain’t taking away the achievement, it remains arguably the finest in the PL era - leicester winning the league and United the treble aside. It must be noted that Chelsea knocked them out of the CL in the QF’s that season - perhaps a parallel we are about to see with Liverpool and City

pep fired shots at raiola
"Guardiola is a coward, a dog. He’s a classic priest. ‘Do as I tell you – don’t do what I do....’ If Manchester City win the Champions League this season it will emphasise what a good coach he is – but I’ll hate it”. - Raiola

Then Pep went on to say “Raiola offered me Miki and Pogba two months ago. Exactly, two months ago he asked me if his players wanted to play for me and for Manchester City. I am not the kind of person that needs to protect his players, he can’t make me take his players like I was a dog. Comparing me with a dog, then, it’s not nice. He must respect the dogs”.

Back