NRL NRL Round 5 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
What a great start to the years it has been for the Saints and the Warriors.

I must say that, the Warriors have left me shocked and pleased at the same time. The game in NZ didn't need another woeful season from them and hopefully they can keep it going.

St George have been terrific to watch and are setting a very high standard for others to match. Can't see any reason why they both shouldn't be 5-0 after the weekend.

Canberra and Canterbury kick off the round in a huge game. Neither side can afford to lose again so this should be a belter. Bulldogs should win, but an upset wouldn't surprise.

Friday night sees the Sharks host the Roosters and Saints v the Rabbitohs. I think the Dragons win comfortably, but the Sharks and Roosters should go right down to the wire.

What a treat for RL fans in Auckland with the double header at Mt Smart. The Tigers should get lots of support from the Kiwis and there's no reason why they can't win again, while the Warriors should be full of confidence for the game against the desperate Cowboys. Again both games should be great viewing.

Super saturday finishes with the Knights playing the Broncos in a game neither will want to lose. Another thriller should be on the cards.

I would usually have picked Manly over the Titans, but the GC were very good last week and they might just be worth a tip this weekend. Surely the Eels are no show against the Panthers? Yes, I think so too.

Raiders on fire tonight :hearteyes:

The defence has been amazing, and we've done some really great & entertaining things on defence... we just have to hope we don't go all 2018 Raiders in the last 15 minutes after having our arses kicked by injuries tonight.

Interesting news about Wighton. Kent seems to think his Raiders career could be over.

I lived in Canberra during my mid-20s to early-30s - I never could figure out what it is about Canberra that produces so many talented footballers who are complete deadshits off the field. There does appear to be anything special about Canberra. It's not like these guys are treated like gods or live in a fishbowl because, at the end of the day, Canberra isn't like Melbourne, Brisbane or even Sydney, in that a hell of a lot of the population just don't give a s**t about sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Warriors and loved it. Great stuff.

Felt a bit sorry for poor old Gells, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back