Discussion Round 3, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just saw a photo of the GWS v Sydney game.

It's bad enough that the AFL let the Sydney rival into the comp with an orange jumper to clash against red, but then they let this happen FFS! Orange&White v Red&White!!!

What AFL peanut let this happen? They only have 9 games per round to manage! My eyes hurt just thinking about it...

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
So you're the bastard to blame for that! :mad: ;) (Don't mind me I just hate contrasting number panels and side panels too for that matter)

Still wish St Kilda would go back to black collar and cuffs on the home, much stronger look. The white just makes the players look weaker.
Maybe you should do a Grandsun and have a word with the club?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I actually had a some sort of say with X Blades for the Suns Guernsey. I told them that we need to keep our current guernsey because it has been with us since the start

I didnt have a word with the club, i had a word with x blades. I gave them advice last year so this year they asked me for advice

Yeah, I am not buying this at all.

You may have spoken to them, but I have no belief that they were actually taking the advice on board.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah, I am not buying this at all.

You may have spoken to them, but I have no belief that they were actually taking the advice on board.
i spoke to a bloke on the phone last year then he emailed me as soon as this years range was put on sale for my opinions on it and advice. One of the things I told him is that I didnt like the fact that we used grey in our off field gear because it is NOT OUR COLOUR

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
i spoke to a bloke on the phone last year then he emailed me as soon as this years range was put on sale for my opinions on it and advice. One of the things I told him is that I didnt like the fact that we used grey in our off field gear because it is NOT OUR COLOUR

That is a courtesy, nothing more, I am sure hundreds of others got the exact same thing (across multiple clubs as well).

Companies listen to their clients, not teenagers who are just fans.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That is a courtesy, nothing more, I am sure hundreds of others got the exact same thing (across multiple clubs as well).

Companies listen to their clients, not teenagers who are just fans.
I am not just a fan, I am a foundation member of both the AFL and AFLW teams

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

And so are many others, makes no difference. The best you could be getting is XB using your comments in a bit of data to show that people like designs or to base their decisions on (but only if it agrees with their standpoint).

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven

It's bad enough that the AFL let the Sydney rival into the comp with an orange jumper to clash against red, but then they let this happen FFS! Orange&White v Red&White!!!

What AFL peanut let this happen? They only have 9 games per round to manage! My eyes hurt just thinking about it...
And it's so silly because the simple solution is for GWS to use a Charcoal Backed Home jumper with Orange Numbers would look awesome.

Come on GWS and AFL is this too much to ask, would really make you onfield look pop:

gws-kits.png

gws-vs-sydney.png

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

It was still much better than western sydney in their main kit for this fixture. i've always said that giants need a 3rd strip away against Sydney -> predominantly black with orange trim & G. in contrast, Sydney's white alternate strip should be fine in the return fixture. both clubs in their home kits, i.e., predominantly orange vs red, doesn't work.

the fact that the clubs/AFL are fine with the away team in an alternate strip is a step in the right direction.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
I didnt have a word with the club, i had a word with x blades. I gave them advice last year so this year they asked me for advice

You have may spoken to XBlades but it is highly doubtful, in fact it's complete and utter bullshit, that you are the sole reason they made decisions to do or not do things. They would have taken your opinion on board, and nothing more or less.

And? Hawthorn use Navy on their off field Polo's, the other 17 clubs are guilty as well. Off field Polo's shouldn't matter that much, yes you're allowed to express your opinion on the matter but it is complete bullshit that you think that you alone have contributed to XBlades, and the club, making decisions about club colours on and off the field.

Yeah? And? So what? Who cares? You're ONE of MANY. Doesn't give you any more entitlement over the other members. The fact that you are acting entitled over it, says a lot unfortunately.

I don't like a lot of things Port are doing any more than Gibbsy doesn't like a few things Collingwood does for example. But don't come on here, feed us crap about how you think you alone made the club and XBlades do XYZ and act entitled over it.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Richmond v Hawthorn: teams are fine, but umpires really need to be in a clash strip for this game. Sky blue or white would be fine.

Hawks look good in home with white shorts. Almost voids the need for white clash (why have one if they don't bother to wear it!)

They use it interstate to increase merchandise $$$$

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
You have may spoken to XBlades but it is highly doubtful, in fact it's complete and utter bullshit, that you are the sole reason they made decisions to do or not do things. They would have taken your opinion on board, and nothing more or less.

And? Hawthorn use Navy on their off field Polo's, the other 17 clubs are guilty as well. Off field Polo's shouldn't matter that much, yes you're allowed to express your opinion on the matter but it is complete bullshit that you think that you alone have contributed to XBlades, and the club, making decisions about club colours on and off the field.

Yeah? And? So what? Who cares? You're ONE of MANY. Doesn't give you any more entitlement over the other members. The fact that you are acting entitled over it, says a lot unfortunately.

I don't like a lot of things Port are doing any more than Gibbsy doesn't like a few things Collingwood does for example. But don't come on here, feed us crap about how you think you alone made the club and XBlades do XYZ and act entitled over it.
He never said he was the sole reason. You are being a bully. Of course clubs and manufacturers do market research.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
He never said he was the sole reason. You are being a bully. Of course clubs and manufacturers do market research.

Have you read what he's been saying? I'm not being a bully, I'm calling bull for what it is. He's basically saying he's the one calling the shots and acting all high and mighty about it

I'm aware clubs and manufacturers do market research - but they don't stop at one person for the final say as Grandsun is trying to pretend.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
And it's so silly because the simple solution is for GWS to use a Charcoal Backed Home jumper with Orange Numbers would look awesome.

Come on GWS and AFL is this too much to ask, would really make you onfield look pop:

View attachment 480402

View attachment 480405
Need some of their supporters to start pressuring the club for this.

I still think the full white was a massive improvement to the normal Orange v Red match up though - but as good as charcoal would be.

Anyway, yes I agree Clint.
The North clash is a fine jumper, I wouldn't mind if they brought it in for 4-5 years as the home.
Especially with the V reversing on the back with black numbers!

Back