Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

OJ091219MW2517.JPG

Will Hayward
Spritely Sydney Swans forward Will Hayward enjoyed a rocketing start to his career as he became the 11th-youngest player in the AFL era to reach 50 career goals in 2018. The 2016 draftee’s nippy pace and cunning goal awareness have made him a dangerous option in coach John Longmire’s forward line. A broken jaw and a persistent hip injury limited Hayward to just 12 goals in 13 senior games in 2019, but the South Australian is attacking the 2020 campaign on the back of his first full pre-season. Don’t be surprised if the exciting Swan finds himself on a wing this year.

Will Hayward
DOB: 26 October 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #21, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Walkerville (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

Gotta love this club and our players. Will Hayward is a well-spoken young lad.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2017-08-29/hcf-injury-update-august-29-2017
From Swan's twitter"
Hayward: I've really enjoyed the moved to Sydney. I've really settled in now and have had a ball learning and developing this season.
Hayward on the nomination: I didn't expect it. We don't really play footy for the individual recognition but it's a nice reward for effort.
Hayward: I set short term goals initially. I just hoped to get a game in the JLT (Series) and go from there.
Hayward on "coach's pet" claims: Nice stitch up from Paps. Don't know where he got that from. I work more closely w/ Kirky and Nick Davis anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for the Melbourne young set, this is how you 'do' social media.

"You're the coaches pet!"

"No, you are"

"Your mum made a cake for the coach, so that makes you the coaches pet!"

Kinda explains the 2014 GF debacle.

It's finals, we need campaigners ready to campaign, not mummy's boys baking cakes. FFS

"No, you are"

It's finals, we need campaigners ready to campaign, not mummy's boys baking cakes. FFS
Lol

"No, you are"

Really?

Well given the "elimination" pressure the players have been under for last 2 months, I'm glad that the players are having a bit of fun *today*. I'm assuming all back in training tomorrow?
It has to abe a huge advantage for club having Swans reserves playing this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back