Past Swans past player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell standing up in finals when our other mids went missing. Okay the 2016 gf is one but jpk and heeney were certainly not awol. Parker played injured and hanners was quiet before injury. You insinuated that mitchell did this in other finals when we were getting beaten up, im just curious as to which finals your referring to?
Im more looking at the trend of our mids going to water and unable to turn the tide of it in games. I should have stated in and out of finals, just finals are more pronounced in that finals pressure should not come as a surprise. Only really JPK can handle it, our match v Port Adelaide is a good example, not sure if the TV coverage showed it but SPP ran with and niggled and beat up Parker all night long and I was thinking the man needs to put the kid in his place, a lot of small punches and arm chops all night towards Parker and not much of a reply. Mitchell is a hard nosed player, as is Miles. At GWS inception Miles was brought in in part to try to shield some of the younger pups from gettig bashed on field as was McDonald at its onset.

Im more looking at the trend of our mids going to water and unable to turn the tide of it in games. I should have stated in and out of finals, just finals are more pronounced in that finals pressure should not come as a surprise. Only really JPK can handle it, our match v Port Adelaide is a good example, not sure if the TV coverage showed it but SPP ran with and niggled and beat up Parker all night long and I was thinking the man needs to put the kid in his place, a lot of small punches and arm chops all night towards Parker and not much of a reply. Mitchell is a hard nosed player, as is Miles. At GWS inception Miles was brought in in part to try to shield some of the younger pups from gettig bashed on field as was McDonald at its onset.

I can understand anyone that thinks Mitchell is a gun and wished he still played for us. But please don't tell me you think Miles would 1. Get a game at swans this year or 2. Make any difference to our team if he did.

I can understand anyone that thinks Mitchell is a gun and wished he still played for us. But please don't tell me you think Miles would 1. Get a game at swans this year or 2. Make any difference to our team if he did.
Horse didn't pick Mitchell for years, so I am happy to concede that team selections is a total lottery at the Swans. Increasing contested possessions and clearances would make a difference however.

Horse didn't pick Mitchell for years, so I am happy to concede that team selections is a total lottery at the Swans. Increasing contested possessions and clearances would make a difference however.

I can understand angst at letting Mitchell go but to denigrate the club over selection is a touch disrespectful.

I disagree, was two seasons where he was the whipping boy in and out. Have your break, you seem to be needlessly argumentative for reasons known only to you.
Sooooooo are you saying that Longmire deliberately kept Mitchell out of the team, to the detriment of said team, because he just didn't like him?

Sooooooo are you saying that Longmire deliberately kept Mitchell out of the team, to the detriment of said team, because he just didn't like him?
Yep, that's exactly what they are saying... and have said for quite some time now. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse did take an underdone Bird into the 14 GF after Mitchell was BOG in the neafl GF and excellent in form
Then obviously he wasn't doing what the coach wanted from him, ie pressure and defence, which would go a long way in explaining why Bird was played in the '14 GF instead of Mitchell.

Should he have only had 20 games by that point in time?
* me you guys are the worst. Not content with bitching and moaning at every opportunity you get when Mitchell plays a good game, now you want to go back to every weeks selection from previous seasons and judge - based off of the futures results - on whether Mitchell should have gotten more game time.

If you could tell me exactly now how well Hayward and Florent will go in 4 years time and we'll base their selections off of your future telling. While we're at it, you'll need to tell me exactly how Cunningham goes in 4 years because lets randomly pick him as the weak link.

And for the record - no, Mitchell shouldn't have come in earlier. The coaches based his selection off of a number of attributes and what he was asked of - not just looking at his disposal count. If you're keen to throw underdone kids into AFL level support Melbourne or Essendon.

No, I'm happy for you to keep attempting to box and frame my argument for me and I'll let you know when you get it right.
I'm not attempting anything I'm simply providing an alternate view to yours, which is obviously not allowed in your world.
You listed recent Brownlow winners that are magnificent footballers, i listed recent Brownlow winners that were not.

Then obviously he wasn't doing what the coach wanted from him, ie pressure and defence, which would go a long way in explaining why Bird was played in the '14 GF instead of Mitchell.
Bird went for surgery straight after the GF

The club would hav know the extent of his injury but over looked it like 16

I'm not attempting anything I'm simply providing an alternate view to yours, which is obviously not allowed in your world.
You listed recent Brownlow winners that are magnificent footballers, i listed recent Brownlow winners that were not.
No, you said that I was arguing Longmire didn't pick Mitchell because I believed it was that Longmire didnt like him. To which I replied I disagreed with the words and line of reasoning you attributed to me.

No, you said that I was arguing Longmire didn't pick Mitchell because I believed it was that Longmire didnt like him. To which I replied I disagreed with the words and line of reasoning you attributed to me.
When are you going to find an example other than 2014 that backs up your statement that horse didn't pick Mitchell for years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back