Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs need to get ahead of the game and implement a subtle eugenics program to boost the quality of Father Sons.

Females that conform to western beauty standards (small framed, petite females typically with no athletic background) don't lend themselves to optimal offspring, and the matter of the fact is footballers are most exposed to these types of females.

To kickstart the program, I would take the following steps:
  1. More investment into the WAFL team with a focus on selecting robust, larger framed females.
  2. Invest in a netball team (most popular female sport here relevant to AFL) and again look to select coordinated and very athletic females.
  3. Hold regular events that allow the players to interact (joint training camps, social nights etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tory Dickson has a son, Riley, according to A Wink from the Universe (p260).
Don't know how old.
Tory needs 11 more games for Riley Dickson to become eligible.

Can't see him in the list Wizard17 ... is it worth having a "pending" list for players close to 100 games? Just so they don't get forgotten.
Dicko’s kid is about 7 so let’s not get too excited just yet.

Is Ewan MacPherson another of Supers sons?

Just found him in the U16 Northern Knights squad. Diamond Creek junior which I'm pretty sure Darcy was too.
apparently Ewan is a gun

Seeings as BRG93 isn't around to update the list goodcop badcop suggested making a new thread. Mods can you close the older thread so we don't have two going at once? Also anyine can feel free to tell me amend any names or draft dates on the list by tagging me and I'll do it as soon as possible.

Eligible Father/Sons

Rhylee West - (2018 Draft)
Joshua Kellett - (2019 Draft)
Oliver Liberatore (2019 Draft)
Tyler Kolyniuk (2019 Draft)
Daniel Romero (2019 Draft)
Ewan MacPherson (2020 Draft)
Sam Darcy - (2021 Draft)
Cooper West - (2021 Draft)
Kobi West - (2021 Draft)
Kyan Eagleton - (2022 Draft)
Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)
Harry Cameron - (2024 Draft)
Lukas Eagleton - (2025 Draft)
Jaxon Cooney - (2025 Draft)
Oliver Grant - (2025 Draft)
Jarvis Murphy - (2025 Draft)
Cohen Lake - (2025 Draft)
Sonny Garlick - (2025 Draft)
Riley Morris - (2026 Draft)
Zakaria Daniel Mark Southern (2028 Draft)
Malachy Picken - (2030 Draft)
Jack Cameron - (2030 Draft)
Levi Hahn (2030 Draft)
Otis Giansiracusa - (2030 Draft)
Tyler Cross - (2030 Draft)
Jude Brown - (2031 Draft)
Miller Kretiuk - (2034 Draft)
James Boyd - (2034 Draft)
Teams have just been announced for the 2031 Grand Final. The Western Bulldogs, aiming to continue their amazing run of 7 flags in a row have named the following team in the season decider against the Hobart Kangaroos:

B: C.West C.Lake M.Croft
HB: R.Morris Z.Southern M.Picken
C: J.Cooney R.West H.Cameron
HF: J.Johnson O.Grant L.Hahn
F: T.Kolyniuk M.Darcy E MacPherson

R: S.Darcy J.Murphy O.Liberatore

I: D.Romero J.Kellett K. Eagleton T.Cross

Emerg: K.West O.Giansiracusa S.Garlick J.Brown

Club legend and everyone's sentimental favourite, Marcus Bontempelli, was overlooked. However he was philosophical about not being given a chance to extend his incredible record of 10 flags with the Dogs. "I'm cool with that, he said", as he had one arm around each of his sons, Luke and Bob (with baby Peter still in mother Monique's arms), "I've had a great run. I'm happy to retire as club games record holder and it was the right call to hand over the captaincy to Rhylee this year after having the honour of being skipper for 12 years. The boys we've selected are steeped in club tradition and have the red, white and blue in their DNA. I'm pretty confident they'll get the job done and I'll be happy to cheer them on while I'm helping out Matty Boyd in the coach's box."

It's understood that the AFL's recently appointed CEO Damien Barrett has requested an urgent review of the AFL's father-son rules, but he has strenuously denied it has anything to do with the Bulldogs recent run of success with sons of former stars. He was reported as saying "I'm very comfortable with my position on this" by Sounding Bored anchorman Toby Greene this week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back