The Bolton-Silvagni Alliance

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Rogers, certainly not - all I’ve suggested is what I’ve heard, and that is there isn’t much communication between Silvagni and Bolton.

I call on BS on this. I have heard Bolton interviewed a number of times where he says he would speak to SOS around 2-3 a day particularly during the season. As an observer I would think they have a terrific relationship.

Not sure the meaning of this thread.

I call on BS on this. I have heard Bolton interviewed a number of times where he says he would speak to SOS around 2-3 a day particularly during the season. As an observer I would think they have a terrific relationship.

Not sure the meaning of this thread.
Seemed close enough to me when they walked out of the seconds game Port Melbourne game together last year before the rain just about washed out the last quarter

I was also thinking along the lines of who we drafted with our 1st pick this draft. Would there be a sub conscious bias against a tall seeing it could push Jack out or Ben for that matter.

Its good that he stepped aside for the purpose of picking up Jack but what about picking up players that push his kids out?
That's a bit of insult to him Dane, he has been nothing but professional since he come back to the club.

That's a bit of insult to him Dane, he has been nothing but professional since he come back to the club.

Don't think its an insult at all, but the raising of a potential conflict of interest that could affect someones judgement. So far he has been nothing but fantastic but at the moment he only has 1 kid in the side, the more that come along the more difficult it will be to separate business and family.
Its possible the other 2 don't play for us which then makes it irrelevant.

I can't recall a similar situation in football where a list manager of a club has had 2-3 of his kids future riding on his decisions. It is a situation that will bring scrutiny if it develops and things would need to put in place to make sure that any un-conscious bias doesn't creep in.

Don't think its an insult at all, but the raising of a potential conflict of interest that could affect someones judgement. So far he has been nothing but fantastic but at the moment he only has 1 kid in the side, the more that come along the more difficult it will be to separate business and family.
Its possible the other 2 don't play for us which then makes it irrelevant.

I can't recall a similar situation in football where a list manager of a club has had 2-3 of his kids future riding on his decisions. It is a situation that will bring scrutiny if it develops and things would need to put in place to make sure that any un-conscious bias doesn't creep in.
He'll only have 1 vote in our new recruiting structure so i don't see that as a problem. If it is then toss him out of the recruiting team and make him President.

I think the club is in a period of stability, the shakeup has been done. Now it's a bit of a waiting period.

Consolidation is the term ....... Getting the chess pieces to gel.

Feels a little bit like death riding what seems to be a great environment.

Things are going well ... a little too well. Let's look for negatives.

Camera's are digital now, time to upgrade.

Things are going well and it is extremely pleasing to see the club being run professionally but I want this level of professionalism to continue.

Based on where we have come from and how easy it was for us to slide nearly out of existence, you'll have to excuse me for being so cautious right now.

Things are going well and it is extremely pleasing to see the club being run professionally but I want this level of professionalism to continue.

Based on where we have come from and how easy it was for us to slide nearly out of existence, you'll have to excuse me for being so cautious right now.

I'm more thinking of rumours of the two not getting along and the boy's club mentality still being prevalent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more thinking of rumours of the two not getting along and the boy's club mentality still being prevalent.

I'm not buying into either of those scenarios, I can't see the pair of them working so closely together but hardly speaking, makes no sense at all. Besides, I've never seen either of them in the press or on TV where they have given a hint that they are not close.

It's why I want these two secured to the club for the next decade, they have a embarked on a strategic long-term plan that makes their predecessors look inept & without vision.

After a statement like this you must back it up with some facts, it's all yours.....

Well there was a thread on the rumours board. That was fun.

I was also thinking along the lines of who we drafted with our 1st pick this draft. Would there be a sub conscious bias against a tall seeing it could push Jack out or Ben for that matter.

Its good that he stepped aside for the purpose of picking up Jack but what about picking up players that push his kids out?
If the relationship between bolts and sos was ever going to breakdown this would be the likely cause.

If the relationship between bolts and sos was ever going to breakdown this would be the likely cause.

Yeah will be a huge call this year

Say BSOS is the 10th-15th best ranked tall and we have pick 2 and can take one of the highly rated talls...is the decision compromised, as BOSOS would struggle behind McKay, Curnow and a King brother?

I've noticed SOS being in the coaches box at times. Every now and then you can see bolts covering his mouth and appears to be swearing his head off. If he does the same with all players regardless of who they are then that's fine but I'm sure SOS won't like it. If bolts chooses to take it easy on JSOS the others in the coaches box will see it as double standards. Tricky situation no matter how professional one can be.

Playing junior footy/basketball with a couple of coaches that had sons in the team they either favored their son or were way too hard on them. Very difficult to remain unbiased, even subconscious bias or perceived bias can have an impact.

Last edited:
I've noticed SOS being in the coaches box at times. Every now and then you can see bolts covering his mouth and appears to be swearing his head off. If he does the same with all players regardless of who they are then that's fine but I'm sure SOS won't like it. If bolts chooses to take it easy on JSOS the others in the coaches box will see it as double standards. Tricky situation no matter how professional one can be.
Wow, way to make something of nothing. Bolts does that every game, and even if a spray was directed at Jack, pretty sure SOS is experienced enough to understand why.

Lot is coaches cover their mouths when talking in the box be it swearing or discussion, so thI media can’t pick it up or the opposition, Longmire, Clarkson both do it

SOS is quite regularly in the coaches box I would t read anything into that at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back