Switch The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Remove this Banner Ad

this rocked up in the post today.... halfway through about 8 other games at the moment i should probably try and finish a couple first.... am i going to be able to put this down if i start it? lol
I’d try and finish your other games first or at least just play it when using public transport or something haha If you decide to play it you won’t play anything else for that night I guarantee haha

It's ok.

Finding world little bland. I'm over the constant weapon breaking. It would be ok if you had extra slots from get go.

Enjoying it a lot more. 1 Divine beast down and smashed through a bunch of shrines.

Still think the game suffers from a bland open world.

Final sword trial is kicking my backside! I keep getting near the end but can’t keep hold of enough weapons to handle it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if I’m playing wrong, but I got like 4 quests then have just spent my time unlocking the map and hitting any shrines I find. I expected more quests or am I missing something? Basically I have to find memories, best Ganon, divine beasts and there was one other I can’t remember without turning it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if I’m playing wrong, but I got like 4 quests then have just spent my time unlocking the map and hitting any shrines I find. I expected more quests or am I missing something? Basically I have to find memories, best Ganon, divine beasts and there was one other I can’t remember without turning it on.
Yeh, that's right. You get the Ganon quest and the 4 divine beasts pretty early on. The others you find just by exploring. There's really only a handful of main quests.

Yeh, that's right. You get the Ganon quest and the 4 divine beasts pretty early on. The others you find just by exploring. There's really only a handful of main quests.

Ahh I’m more used to games giving quests leading to other quests, explains why I’ve spent days just running around not knowing what to do so just trying to find shrines and gear.

Weapons breaking can kiss my ass too :( fighting some big ass monster and my s**t shatters and I get one shorted.

Ahh I’m more used to games giving quests leading to other quests, explains why I’ve spent days just running around not knowing what to do so just trying to find shrines and gear.

Weapons breaking can kiss my ass too :( fighting some big ass monster and my s**t shatters and I get one shorted.

The aimlessness is both the biggest strength and biggest weakness of the game. It at times feels incredibly shallow, yet also has a great sense of discovery and just makes exploring interesting in and of itself.

I would have preferred a little more structure, or at least more contextualised quests.

BOTW is beter in my opinion, but it all depends on personal preference.

If OoT is a better game than BOTW, then I'm going to be mightily dissapointed with BOTW. OoT was obviously a phenomenal game back in the day, but the gameplay is very dated - if you play it today, it feels very simplistic and bare compared to modern games.

Having said that, I'm a bit skeptical about BOTW's open world gameplay. It looks like Fallout 4 with Link thrown into the picture.

If OoT is a better game than BOTW, then I'm going to be mightily dissapointed with BOTW. OoT was obviously a phenomenal game back in the day, but the gameplay is very dated - if you play it today, it feels very simplistic and bare compared to modern games.

Having said that, I'm a bit skeptical about BOTW's open world gameplay. It looks like Fallout 4 with Link thrown in there.
Fallout and BOTW are nothing alike

As the first anniversary of the Switch and BOTW is fast approaching, I'm throwing together a 'memories' page for my site. I am more than happy to put up anyone else's memories/experiences of both game and console, as a compilation. Either PM me, or drop them onto my little forum (link in sig). I'll give credit where credit is due for the memories.

Having said that, I'm a bit skeptical about BOTW's open world gameplay. It looks like Fallout 4 with Link thrown into the picture.

I’d say it’s dated but not very dated. There’re many elements still currently employed in modern games such as lock-on targeting, first person aiming (bow, hook shot), a flexible inventory HUD with the c buttons, and more. It’s responsive and predictable. The dated part for me would be the physical pace of running Link. Modern games are a little faster in character movement within bigger worlds. Perhaps also missing a proper first person action option. I can’t think of much else.

I do think you’re exaggerating a little bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back