Western Bulldogs superfan 1000 Consecutive H&A match milestone

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done Garry , fantastic loyalty and Deservedly led out the premiership flag unfurling last year

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-12/hincks-remarkable-milestone

HERO_1000hincks.jpg

We love milestones in football, and this weekend the Club will celebrate a milestone of a different kind, and a remarkable one at that.

Garry Hincks attended his first Bulldogs game back in 1974 when he was 30-years-old and this weekend will mark his 1000th consecutive game as a spectator.

To clarify, that's not just Bulldogs home games that Hincks hasn't missed, it's away games, too. And to expand even further, it's not just the Dogs' away games in Melbourne, it's every Western Bulldogs match, in every Australian state and territory.

To make this achievement even more spectacular is that Gary lives in Portland, a four hour drive from Melbourne.

If you see Gary this weekend, cheering the Dogs on in his familiar chef’s hat, say hello and congratulate him on his extraordinary display of loyalty to our Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible. What a legend. Be horrifying to know how much money he's spent on petrol, membership, tickets, flights etc over the years.
He doesn’t drive from memory. Makes it even more remarkable.

You'd have to have your own business to be able to do the interstate trips for 30 years wouldn't you. Thursday's, Friday's, Monday's you'd need to travel a lot.

I (and I imagine everybody else) miss games regularly - birthdays, weddings, christenings, engagements, bla bla bla... there’s no way your could go 40 odd years without seriously sacrificing something.

He was definitely there.

He got a ticket, but it was touch and go there for a while. He often sits next to my family at our seats , he's very passionate and very old school

Regardless of the club they support, its the grass roots supporters such as this example that make this game what it is.

Whether it's Joffa, Jeff Kennett, Molly Meldrum or the old bloke/lass that goes week in week out without fail to support their club, these people make the game what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back