Preview Changes for next week V The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world yes. But then again our forward line hasn’t really functioned that well over the last two year either. The thing with the Hawthorn players is that they can play well as a collective. Sometimes it’s the old adage do you want a champion team or a team of champions?

For the record I love Fasolo and hope that there is room for both him and Elliott. But not if we go back to the forward line that we’ve had over the last few years.

They have barely played together in the same forward line iirc lucky to play more then a handful of games together. Usually one or the other is injured.

Just because they are similar doesn't mean that it can't work, people are fretting over defensive pressure but ignore the obvious scoreboard pressure they will provide.

Read it, and Hocking was complimentary towards Fas’ work rate last week, but said they want to see a few more weeks of the same. Hardly bagging him out, but we all see what we want to see I guess.
I just see what I see here... that they want him to work harder for longer and do it over several rounds and push for selection. They have been pretty specific in saying that and we all know it's an issue with Faz. So I guess I am suggesting, based on what the club is saying and what we know, that your theory that it is "code for him not being mentally able to play seniors" is off the mark. If he was having such issues I don't think they would be publicly commenting in any negative way at all, and it would be a noticeable giveaway in that sense. The fact that they are publicly putting some pressure on him here basically torpedo's your theory as far as I'm concerned (in a normal club anyway).

It’s going to piss down.
I hope that helps us then. Is it strange the crows didn’t go for another small then? Or are we expecting some late changes?

Jmac I checked the BOM, they have a high probability of rain falling between 3 and 6 and then tapering off after 6. You’re right it sounds like it will be slippery

Last edited:

I get the Wills call, based on a blinder last week.
Not sure how bringing in Daicos is earned yet?
Who would you drop for Wills?

How is Stephenson "earned" yet Daicos with a year under his belt with many very good VFL performances amongst them not earned?

*Not against Stephenson getting games, more so just interested (find it interesting) in how you view one to the other off "form".

i wasnt saying it in a nasty way mate...was just trying to make a point....i take away the ffs ok....lmaooooo...hes played 3 games.....hes not tired....:)

I was absolutely stoked that we drafted Stephenson, his first 2 games showed real potential and was an indication of why we rated him so highly.

However he looked like he was running in wet sand last week for mine.

If he wasn't tired I wonder why he spent the night chasing the tail of players he is more than capable of beating for leg speed?

It was a lethargic performance but this is to be expected from a first year player so no real criticism is attached but it also isn't the end of the world if he's sent back to the VFL and made to earn his recall with solid form.

I don't think anyone is dismissing his talent or his drafting simply because we believe a young first year player might need a spell now and then.

I was absolutely stoked that we drafted Stephenson, his first 2 games showed real potential and was an indication of why we rated him so highly.

However he looked like he was running in wet sand last week for mine.

If he wasn't tired I wonder why he spent the night chasing the tail of players he is more than capable of beating for leg speed?

It was a lethargic performance but this is to be expected from a first year player so no real criticism is attached but it also isn't the end of the world if he's sent back to the VFL and made to earn his recall with solid form.

I don't think anyone is dismissing his talent or his drafting simply because we believe a young first year player might need a spell now and then.
seriously?...he covered more ground than most players and was 4 best in pressure acts...i say him running around everywhere...he just wasnt used a lot and proberbly didnt get into the right spots.....which im sure hes aware of.....its more about learning the pace of the game...hes in his shell at the moment but looking forward to seeing his confident break out game..then youll see the real stevo...im sure of it

Well it does. Because Crockers obviously had a great pre season. Fasolo needs to string the consistent efforts, until he does that, he's not playing. Fasolo was terrible last year for pressure inside 50.

I loved the piece in the media on Crocs this week in regards to his dad and the personal issues he's been dealing with there. He seems like a genuinely nice kid.

Putting that aside, in pure value to the team at the moment, he didn't do too much last week bar getting in Weitering's face at one stage. His stats this year have been reasonably average. He's barely hitting double digit disposals, has kicked a total of 3 goals in 3 games (as a forward), has butchered the ball a bit (despite most of his possessions being uncontested) and has low tackle count/forward pressure act stats.
I think if anyone needs to build up some currency in the magoos right now it's probably Ben.

If Fas is fit and not playing there's definitely something going on that is being kept in-house.

Last edited:
I like the fact we aren’t making 2 - 3 changes, this team has it challenges but the last couple of weeks has introduced an unpredictable forward set up and we are not without a good shot of causing an upset.
Winning form from last’s week senior team should also be rewarded, even if it was against an ordinary scum team. Happy with the set up all things considered.
Go Woods!

How is Stephenson "earned" yet Daicos with a year under his belt with many very good VFL performances amongst them not earned?

*Not against Stephenson getting games, more so just interested (find it interesting) in how you view one to the other off "form".
I guess because Stephenson is the incumbent.
And not to in any way to say anything on Daicos, but he’s potentially not in the same ball park as Stephenson.
I think, Stephenson is a potential A grader and our future.

I don't think that really matters.
The player who has the position in the actual team has an advantage so recent games has a bearing.

I guess because Stephenson is the incumbent.
And not to in any way to say anything on Daicos, but he’s potentially not in the same ball park as Stephenson.
I think, Stephenson is a potential A grader and our future.

Agree. I have Higher Hopes for Stephenson the Josh Daicos.

Josh be a Wing/HFF Type where Stephenson with Time become a Mid(Goal Kicking Mid)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously?...he covered more ground than most players and was 4 best in pressure acts...i say him running around everywhere...he just wasnt used a lot and proberbly didnt get into the right spots.....which im sure hes aware of.....its more about learning the pace of the game...hes in his shell at the moment but looking forward to seeing his confident break out game..then youll see the real stevo...im sure of it
Please stop taking every negative comment about Stephenson personally, it's starting to get annoying.

Theres only been one VFL game this year and it was against witches hats. VFL form required VFL games to be played. In the meantime the incumbent stays. 2017 is ancient history.

Personally I'd have omitted Stephenson and time will tell, he may be yet a late withdrawal. But Daicos isnt ready yet.

Last edited:
Well it does.
It would if most of the the season was over and were were about to play finals but we're only three games into the year, Crockers 'runs' this year mean almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Blair does well in pressure acts.

Not convinced it's a great guide to performance to be honest as it can often mean your spending a lot of time chasing the tail of the opposition creating play rather than being used as a creative avenue yourself.

Fair to say Blair has mastered the art of running around like a headless chook looking busy in recent seasons.

Anyway hopefully Stephenson can bounce back and put on a display like we saw in round 1 in particular.

The player who has the position in the actual team has an advantage so recent games has a bearing.
It's 3 games into the season, Crocker having more runs means almost nothing.

It would if most of the the season was over and were were about to play finals but we're only three games into the year, Crockers 'runs' this year mean almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.
So then Fasolos doesn't either..

To bad, He's not playing over Crocker anytime soon.

So then Fasolos doesn't either..

To bad, He's not playing over Crocker anytime soon.
Fasolo's has more stock becuase he has runs that outlast more than three games.

And yes too bad for our team

Please stop taking every negative comment about Stephenson personally, it's starting to get annoying.
im not...i understand he is just learning but for someone to say he was lethargic kinda annoyed me.....cause its not the case.....i see others on the forum dispute things said so why cant i???

Agree. I have Higher Hopes for Stephenson the Josh Daicos.

Josh be a Wing/HFF Type where Stephenson with Time become a Mid(Goal Kicking Mid)
Agree, Stephanson also looks like he has a good bag of tricks as well, very hopeful with him.
I’m trying so hard not to let the Daicos name cloud my opinion of josh but when I close my eyes I can still see daics evade 3 players on the boundary and snap a snag from 40 out.
Josh looks like a likely type as well, give him time and he will make it.

Agree, Stephanson also looks like he has a good bag of tricks as well, very hopeful with him.
I’m trying so hard not to let the Daicos name cloud my opinion of josh but when I close my eyes I can still see daics evade 3 players on the boundary and snap a snag from 40 out.
Josh looks like a likely type as well, give him time and he will make it.

Josh has all the tools to be a very good player in his own right, regardless of who his dad is.

im not...i understand he is just learning but for someone to say he was lethargic kinda annoyed me.....cause its not the case.....i see others on the forum dispute things said so why cant i???

Scottie65 as I said today we love your insight into your friend......but like I said today take a deep breath.

He is still a boy playing against men.

No one is questioning his endeavor or ability or character mate.

I hope he smashes it tomorrow night.

By the way will you guys win this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back