List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Liam Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to say that earlier but it’s also based on his supposed history of not taking professional sport that seriously (stories of him not turning up to training, testing, etc plus the bad combine results).

After Sampi, there’s an underlying element of it there, sure

No one ever made those allegations against Wirra, so I think it's a more on Ryan's past behaviour.

As good as his debut has been, I absolutely don't think the club should be alterering his deal until the end of the season, when we see Liams body of work.

Remember, we are the same club that when Chris Masten had his one decent year we jumped the gun and signed him up to a long term deal, which is still an eternal source of annoyance.

Hell, when Priddis desperately needed to retire and was way out of form we actually signed him to another deal, which boggled the mind.

Leave it to the end of the year. Liam Ryan has amazing potential, but 3 good games does not a superstar maketh

As good as his debut has been, I absolutely don't think the club should be alterering his deal until the end of the season, when we see Liams body of work.

Remember, we are the same club that when Chris Masten had his one decent year we jumped the gun and signed him up to a long term deal, which is still an eternal source of annoyance.

Hell, when Priddis desperately needed to retire and was way out of form we actually signed him to another deal, which boggled the mind.

Leave it to the end of the year. Liam Ryan has amazing potential, but 3 good games does not a superstar maketh
1. Masten had a number of good years.

2. Priddis triggered a clause in his contract, which is common knowledge.

Your lack of knowledge boggles the mind, you just spout nonsense and go on believing it.

He did when he was given the contract.

The amount of times this argument has gone around in circles on this board rivals the Priddis thread.

Masten. Was. Firmly. Best. 22. At. The. Time.

Gee.

You are correct in a sense, in that at the time of his contract extension he had his career best year.

However, if you read above, the statement was that Masten had many good years, plural.

Which, he simply hasn't.

He had a single good year in the year he got that long term deal, and a whole lot of mediocre/ordinary years either side of it.

That's not conjecture, that's a statement of fact

You are correct in a sense, in that at the time of his contract extension he had his career best year.

However, if you read above, the statement was that Masten had many good years, plural.

Which, he simply hasn't.

He had a single good year in the year he got that long term deal, and a whole lot of mediocre/ordinary years either side of it.

He was fine from 2012 to 2015. Hardly ordinary.

Masten had one good year, everything else is been ordinary and certainly not worthy of the pay cheque he collects

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Masten had one good year, everything else is been ordinary and certainly not worthy of the pay cheque he collects

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
He's had at least 2. 2012 and 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which, he simply hasn't.

Three consecutive top 10 finishes in the best and fairest disagrees with you.

Injecting someone like this after the bye could be the perfect antidote if the teams starting to fatigue. Ryan himself has had a full preseason and should he raring to go while other teams wouldn't have had time to work out how to defend him. As long as we don't screw up the rehab.

Really miss Ryan & Venables already. Geez it was exciting watching this team with those guys in. Felt like a dream.

Hopefully Petro takes his opportunity and provides some flare up forward!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back