Universal Love The General Media Thread (wobbles head)

Remove this Banner Ad

3 games on a sunday? Thats been the norm for ages.
1 Friday night us v pies.
2 Saturday lions and suns games.
0 Sunday. There is normally 1.

afe332f68455080a6d1b434e950a746a

Woolworths crashing all their checkouts to stop CEY drinking Diet Coke?

Apparently a lot of the players didn't like her
Something of a tradition with our inaugural coaches :)

I see Erin Phillips has re-signed after rumours of her leaving. I wonder if the two are linked?

Something of a tradition with our inaugural coaches :)

I see Erin Phillips has re-signed after rumours of her leaving. I wonder if the two are linked?
We chose correctly if it was 1 or the other

Players don't like coaches who treat them like they're in the army.

As a former military person and having begun the Police recruiting process before giving it a miss I can say there's a lot of similarities between the cultures of the two jobs. She would've been very straight down the line and civilians aren't used to that kind of thing and would have difficulty being told very bluntly how things are going to go. You get used to it pretty quick in the military but I can defo see her putting noses out of joint especially when things went a bit pear shaped this year.

.....I see Erin Phillips has re-signed after rumours of her leaving.

Aaaaaand EAD Vic media muck-rakers. What happened to all the circling Vic clubs? Notice they actually used 'circling', and use it constantly when talking about any of our AFL players also, as though there's been some sort of crisis and the sharks and vultures are there because of it, to cash in?

Why can't it be reported as Vic clubs recognise the quality of "X" from the AFC and would dearly love to sign her/him because she/he would be such an asset. But no, it always has to read like s**t's happened.

If there was anything in it as Caro suggests (as Caro always suggests without ever saying what she thinks it is) then Goddard's interview gave no indication of it and the Advertiser certainly would have magnified any hint of dischord.

Indeed if there was an ultimatum of 'her or me', we've done the right thing. Coaches are a dime a dozen. Erins are one in a million.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple M is my default station in the car. Heading down to get petrol at 1.37 ;) otherwise I miss it

The Jars (and KG and Dom Cassisi ) show starts at 3pm. Stops at 4 for the Kennedy Molloy rubbish then starts the ''2nd hour'' at 6

Or you can go digital to their greatest hits channel and listen from 4

?????? further sign they are getting less and less relevant

In Kane’s team of the week for round 6 Crows played Suns. Our Tom Lynch had 25 possessions and kicked 3 goals versus Suns’ Tom Lynch who was absolutely schooled by Talia. Well the results are as follows:

132FD184-B7EA-491E-88CC-85F8C2947B3F.jpeg 420B468D-31B5-4639-917C-BAB10A5ED02E.jpeg

I understand and accept the Victoria bias in the general newspaper and radio media as most of it is based in Victoria and their content is aimed at Victorians - no different to the SA bias in the SA media. afl.com.au however, is a national website run by the AFL and it should not have any bias towards any states or teams yet it continues to allow Marc McGowan to write Victoria-centric articles. This need to stop one way or the other: either he changes his approach or he gets sacked.

I have put up with this type of writing from him in the past but the last atricle - Rising star may not be a fait accompli - is the straw that has finally broken my back. The suggestion that the Jaidyn Stephenson is a sure thing to win the rising star is ridiculous for anyone who watches all football, not just Victorian teams. McGowan frames the article this way then highlights that there are actually other nominees from the far away lands of South Australia and Queensland who, although no one would have heard of them, have also had good years. The worst part of the article though is this line:

So will the Eastern Ranges product (Jaidyn Stephenson) – last year's No.6 draft pick – join Andy McGrath (2017), Jesse Hogan (2015), Jaeger O'Meara (2013) and Dyson Heppell (2011) as a Rising Star winner?

McGowan has listed all of the rising star winners since 2011 except he has gone through and taken out every player who doesn't currently play in Victoria (Talia, Taylor and Mills)!

I do not understand how the publishers at afl.com.au can let this happen. Can someone who tweets please call him out on this or at least make afl.com.au aware that this is unacceptable for a national website.

This rant may seem a bit over the top but it has been a long time coming. I have noticed this theme in a lot of McGowan's articles throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back