Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I predicted them for bottom 2.

There I said it.

I looked at the list and scoffed, I still look at the list and scratch my head at where this talent is? Ben Brown is a wrecking ball on his good days. Higgins has been an amazing pick up. Ziebell and Cunnington pretty underrated. Jarrod Waite been a good pick up. Guys like Atley, Anderson and Dumont doing well.

But North has this unwavering ability to punch above their weight on the field. It’s early to jump to conclusions and like many young sides, they’ll tire by the end of the year, but surely everyone is surprised?

Weirdly enough, they’re a solid shot for the top 8. I’m pleasently surprised.

Well done North! Can we have a thread where we compliment a team that’s pleasantly surprised us without the cheap jabs? Let’s see...

Reply with ...

I’ve been surprised by...

I’ve been surprised by how much value North have extracted from Jarrod Waite, who has been a brilliant pick up.

Last edited:

Can’t you just try what I’m attempting to set up here? Lol

And you’re young, as long as your losses aren’t comical, no one will take digs at you and be taken seriously
hopefully it works out for you mate

While I appreciate your humility, I never understood the hysteria around North's "awful" list and our "guaranteed" spoon. The list is in much better shape than last year, where we finished 14th. Its a decent if not good list at both ends of the ground, only really struggling for class and pace in the midfield, and perhaps some small forwards.

The metamorphisis of Jed Anderson has been eye catching.

In the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann he is "born again HARD"

r2_1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're still a fair way off the pace of the top sides, but hopefully folks can see something there. We just need to find those couple of midfielders.

The rest of the side is in good shape.

Hawthorn will be a good measuring stick for us next week.

We're still a fair way off the pace of the top sides, but hopefully folks can see something there. We just need to find those couple of midfielders.

The rest of the side is in good shape.

Hawthorn will be a good measuring stick for us next week.
I can see so much more in North Melbourne than Carlton and St.Kilda.

I see consistency on field, a hunger for the contest, a list that doesn’t appear on paper but in person, shows up and isn’t afraid to fight for the ball.

We’ve seen so many top draft picks who have talent and the athletic ability not make it at the top level because of their inability to compete, lack of fight for the contest, North remind me of players like Kane Lambert, brilliant, flies under the radar and works 110%. Rather have a Lambert than a Vickery.

North Melbourne aren’t the bad side everyone maintained they’d be. They’ve got to many good footballers and too much work rate and intensity.

They’ll give the top 8 a good crack. It’s that simple.

Cool your jets there dave.

We get Hawthorn next week, then a run of games against Port, Sydney, Richmond, GWS and Freo in Perth.

Cool your jets there dave.

We get Hawthorn next week, then a run of games against Port, Sydney, Richmond, GWS and Freo in Perth.

I’m not pencilling north as a win just yet. They’re a dangerous team, and I’d say our best is better, but if we let them get off to a good start, we’re in deep s**t

Ben Brown and Robbie Tarrant are both All Australian quality bookends but don't get the recognition because of media negativity/group think.

Add that to an elite clearance player in Cunnington and that in itself is the core of a good side

Back