Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

In what way, and can you provide evidence that "doesn't" originate from a vegan website.
Why don't you post a website that shows no difference, and not one that the caged egg industry has had their little paws on.

Anything that I post you'll just dismiss anyway.

What's a "vegan" website? tut tut tut...it's getting old, baz...

Why don't you post a website that shows no difference, and not one that the caged egg industry has had their little paws on.

Anything that I post you'll just dismiss anyway.

What's a "vegan" website? tut tut tut...it's getting old, baz...

Time Magazine
"Organic Eggs. More Expensive, But No Healthier
By Jeffrey Kluger "

"But it's worth it to pay more because you're getting a healthier product, right? Wrong. Most of the time, according to a just-released study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the eggs are indistinguishable. When there is a difference, it's often the factory eggs that are safer."

"The Haugh unit factors together the weight of the egg and the thickness of the albumen layer at the center," says Jones. And that number, she found in her study, is not affected a whit by how a hen is raised. "We found no meaningful differences at all," she says. "We sampled eggs from a number of stores and kept getting the same results over and over. For shoppers, the decision comes down to your ethical and moral choices."

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2002334,00.html

Time Magazine
"Organic Eggs. More Expensive, But No Healthier
By Jeffrey Kluger "

"But it's worth it to pay more because you're getting a healthier product, right? Wrong. Most of the time, according to a just-released study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the eggs are indistinguishable. When there is a difference, it's often the factory eggs that are safer."

"The Haugh unit factors together the weight of the egg and the thickness of the albumen layer at the center," says Jones. And that number, she found in her study, is not affected a whit by how a hen is raised. "We found no meaningful differences at all," she says. "We sampled eggs from a number of stores and kept getting the same results over and over. For shoppers, the decision comes down to your ethical and moral choices."

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2002334,00.html
funny

I prefer free range pastured from a farmer down at my local farmers market. I can get 30 eggs for $14 and they are delicious. The way I see it is the better the animal is treated the more nourishing their produce. Goes for my meat as well.

I prefer free range pastured from a farmer down at my local farmers market. I can get 30 eggs for $14 and they are delicious. The way I see it is the better the animal is treated the more nourishing their produce. Goes for my meat as well.

Are the chickens treated any better or worse? It’s a fairly large assumption that a chicken has the cognitive function to arrive at a conscious thought that they’re not being treated well.

FWIW we get a lot of our eggs from a family friend whose folks own a farm up in Mansfield and tbh if they weren’t free I’d prefer just about anything you’d pick up from Coles or Woolies

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I buy free range purely from a cruelty POV. Don't think there's much difference in quality.

In what way, and can you provide evidence that "doesn't" originate from a vegan website.

Why would a vegan website have an article about eggs? Makes no sense.

We get eggs from a lady at my husbands work. I honestly don't think there is much difference, I purely only get free range because of the cruelty factor.

Anyone done a juice fast?

Ive read the last two pages so saw the juice cleanse you are doing. I did a three day one. 6 juices a day.

Was great for mindfulness of food and I lost a few kilograms on it but overall id say it was a waste and did nothing to improve my health and fitness.

That's the main benefit, it resets the mindset. For that reason alone it's a worthy exercise.

Bit late to the party but the only change in mood was a desire to kill someone when I was on a forced juice fast. When I had my wisdom teeth out I had blended juices with fruits, water, and protein and that's it for 7-10 days (I was really conservative and didn't want complications by eating normally). Maybe 3 juices a day. I was literally starving all of the time and noticed an increase in irritability and anger. I also had no energy to gym (and probably couldn't with the teeth).

This is coming from someone who consumes about 1500 cals a day. I suspect my intake dropped to about 500-700 cals and while I lost a s**t load (53 kg down to 48 kg in a week) I immediately put it (and muscle) back on over the next few weeks when I ate like a normal human again. Mine was an extreme one but I'm definitely not touching voluntary juice cleanses again.

Last edited:
Bit late to the party but the only change in mood was a desire to kill someone when I was on a forced juice fast. When I had my wisdom teeth out I had blended juices with fruits, water, and protein and that's it for 7-10 days (I was really conservative and didn't want complications by eating normally). Maybe 3 juices a day. I was literally starving all of the time and noticed an increase in irritability and anger. I also had no energy to gym (and probably couldn't with the teeth).

This is coming from someone who consumes about 1500 cals a day. I suspect my intake dropped to about 500-700 cals and while I lost a s**t load (53 kg down to 48 kg in a week) I immediately put it (and muscle) back on over the next few weeks when I ate like a normal human again. Mine was an extreme one but I'm definitely not touching voluntary juice cleanses again.

I won’t be doing one again

I will if I want to torture my BF and the usual PMS isn't enough.
A juice fast isn't a diet. It's just something people do to shed some weight and toxins....

Those toxins entering the blood stream is what makes us cranky/short fused.

Btw, if u do a juice fast, make the juice yourself. Don't buy bottled.

Last edited:
I've kind of reached a challenging point with my change of diet. Having gone from 500+/220+g of carbs/protein, to averaging about 100-150g of both, it appears I've hit a dead end.

Trimming down has either stopped or slowed significantly. But there's not really the option of eating less. There are times where I've looked at my dairy and seen that for the 24hour period that's about to end, I still haven't ate even 100g of either carb/protein, but I'm not really hungry.

At the same time, I kind of get a little agitated, at which point I'd normally eat something. But I've now learnt that eating because of that isn't going to help in the long run. So yeah, I'm in a state of "Idk what to do?" atm.

I've kind of reached a challenging point with my change of diet. Having gone from 500+/220+g of carbs/protein, to averaging about 100-150g of both, it appears I've hit a dead end.

Trimming down has either stopped or slowed significantly. But there's not really the option of eating less. There are times where I've looked at my dairy and seen that for the 24hour period that's about to end, I still haven't ate even 100g of either carb/protein, but I'm not really hungry.

At the same time, I kind of get a little agitated, at which point I'd normally eat something. But I've now learnt that eating because of that isn't going to help in the long run. So yeah, I'm in a state of "Idk what to do?" atm.

What are you trying to achieve?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back