Media Escape from Dragon Island

CHAPTER ONE:

BLERN found himself squatted in an alley, years of rubbish and what he hoped was just cold mud squishing through his bare toes. He stared at a narrow gap underneath the wall of a tavern. "The Boon of the Dragon" was not a friendly place and this early in the morning it was mostly deserted.

images (49).jpeg

Most taverns on dragon island had dirt floors, but some like "the Boon" built in the slums had been raised on bamboo poles as not even the lowliest of townsfolk wanted to drink ankle deep in mud and refuse. It was for this exact reason that BLERN found himself hiding in the shadows, trying to get his nerve up for what he was about to do...

images (48).jpeg

BLERN had been ordered to find his own way home after the match and had his shoes taken away from him. After sharing the remnants of an old sandwich with a destitute beggar he had made his way here due to a cryptic message the man had given him.

"There are beans under the Boon, Or there has been. Beans may be your boon as they has been mine"

It seemed like very little to go on but BLERN was quickly running out of options and those beans did sound tasty.

images (50).jpeg

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER THREE

INTERLUDE

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FIVE

INTERLUDE

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Last edited:
The only thing under 'The Boon' would be empty VB stubbies.

I'm confused.

Also lacks Duggan in story in a co-lead role.
Ive only written the first 2 chapters. Im sure i can find a place to write you into it. This is just setting the scene up.

I thought this was going to be a "BLERN demands a trade" threat. Disappointed

Chapter 2 has mentions of trades.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The only thing under 'The Boon' would be empty VB stubbies.

I'm confused.

Also lacks Duggan in story in a co-lead role.

You were there, one of those beans.

CHAPTER ONE:

BLERN found himself squatted in an alley, years of rubbish and what he hoped was just cold mud squishing through his bare toes. He stared at a narrow gap underneath the wall of a tavern. "The Boon of the Dragon" was not a friendly place and this early in the morning it was mostly deserted.

View attachment 483579

Most taverns on dragon island had dirt floors, but some like "the Boon" built in the slums had been raised on bamboo poles as not even the lowliest of townsfolk wanted to drink ankle deep in mud and refuse. It was for this exact reason that BLERN found himself hiding in the shadows, trying to get his nerve up for what he was about to do...

View attachment 483571

BLERN had been ordered to find his own way home after the match and had his shoes taken away from him. After sharing the remnants of an old sandwich with a destitute beggar he had made his way here due to a cryptic message the man had given him.

"There are beans under the Boon, Or there has been. Beans may be your boon as they has been mine"

It seemed like very little to go on but BLERN was quickly running out of options and those beans did sound tasty.

View attachment 483578

Soft utensil, wtf are you sharing sandwiches with sterge for?

Punch him in the neck and tell him to * off!

CHAPTER TWO:

BLERN was was running out of time and excuses to put off this task as he muttered to himself "I can't believe this is the best idea i could come up with!"

The sun wouldn't rise for hours yet but if he delayed any longer he will probably get noticed. Pushing aside mounds of Filth, Flarn and Filth BLERN lay on his stomach, the dank earth soaking his uniforn instantly. He would have to work fast, for if he caught a chill, the odds of getting off this island alive were not good.

Pulling himself forward in search of these mythical beans, barely even sure of what he was looking for he suddenly heard muffled voices above him. He froze in fear trying desperately to remain quiet and still, unable to see anything in particular through the gaps of the floorboards other than small amounts of light from the oil lanterns. "Who the **** uses oil lanterns?" He whispered to a golden Qist trophy that had somehow found itself a home in the most unlikely of places. He shook his head and focused on his task, but the voices started to get clearer, he twisted his head in an attempt to get his ear closer to the floorboards, hoping to make out what was being said and saw something glitter out of the corner of his eye.

He slithered towards it slowly and reached out, only to smash his head into a low hanging bearer just as his hand grabbed a hold of the shiny object covered in god knows what. He almost cried out in agony and was instantly glad he hadn't for through a widish gap in a floorboard he saw a man seated at the bar mumbling to his drink.

"Kicked 6 but nobody wants to join"

"Ungrateful bastards... la-li-lu-le-lo... la-li-lu-le-lo... all my work and efforts"

"Who do they think they are!!! I'LL KILL THEM ALL"

"MORE ******* APPLE MARTINIS FFS BARKEEP!"

BLERN didn't even notice that someone else had entered the room from being so pre-occupied by the ramblings of the crazy man.

"Oh ffs Phenom why do you drink those stupid things"

The man at the bar spun around in a mindless rage

"I'll **** you up like i did those pathetic Warriors Blaze "

The man named blaze knocked the one name phenom out with such speed and strength it was hard to believe it was possible. It was time to leave. As fast as he could manage silently BLERN worked his way out from underneath the bar. As he stood up he noticed a flash. The man from the bar had waited for him and was hanging from the rafters by his feet. He had his sword resting against young BLERNS neck. Unable to breath, BLERN just stared at him...

"You are never to speak of this. Understand?"

BLERN nodded.

"You are never to come back to Dragon Island unless you are here as a dragon. Understand?"

BLERN nodded and blinked...

The man named blaze was nowhere to be seen

My interest will pique when someone starts flicking the bean.

There is a coffee stop that I drive past every day called Flick the Bean. True story.

Conplaining about a quiet match thread, by creating a new thread instead of posting in the match thread.

#logic

Well it serves me right for not actually reading the thread.

There is a coffee stop that I drive past every day called Flick the Bean. True story.

I reckon I've read that somewhere! In a cool shop names article on line maybe.
Sofa so good..
How the foccacia..
:p

CHAPTER TWO:

BLERN was was running out of time and excuses to put off this task as he muttered to himself "I can't believe this is the best idea i could come up with!"

The sun wouldn't rise for hours yet but if he delayed any longer he will probably get noticed. Pushing aside mounds of Filth, Flarn and Filth BLERN lay on his stomach, the dank earth soaking his uniforn instantly. He would have to work fast, for if he caught a chill, the odds of getting off this island alive were not good.

Pulling himself forward in search of these mythical beans, barely even sure of what he was looking for he suddenly heard muffled voices above him. He froze in fear trying desperately to remain quiet and still, unable to see anything in particular through the gaps of the floorboards other than small amounts of light from the oil lanterns. "Who the **** uses oil lanterns?" He whispered to a golden Qist trophy that had somehow found itself a home in the most unlikely of places. He shook his head and focused on his task, but the voices started to get clearer, he twisted his head in an attempt to get his ear closer to the floorboards, hoping to make out what was being said and saw something glitter out of the corner of his eye.

He slithered towards it slowly and reached out, only to smash his head into a low hanging bearer just as his hand grabbed a hold of the shiny object covered in god knows what. He almost cried out in agony and was instantly glad he hadn't for through a widish gap in a floorboard he saw a man seated at the bar mumbling to his drink.

"Kicked 6 but nobody wants to join"

"Ungrateful bastards... la-li-lu-le-lo... la-li-lu-le-lo... all my work and efforts"

"Who do they think they are!!! I'LL KILL THEM ALL"

"MORE ******* APPLE MARTINIS FFS BARKEEP!"

BLERN didn't even notice that someone else had entered the room from being so pre-occupied by the ramblings of the crazy man.

"Oh ffs Phenom why do you drink those stupid things"

The man at the bar spun around in a mindless rage

"I'll **** you up like i did those pathetic Warriors Blaze "

The man named blaze knocked the one name phenom out with such speed and strength it was hard to believe it was possible. It was time to leave. As fast as he could manage silently BLERN worked his way out from underneath the bar. As he stood up he noticed a flash. The man from the bar had waited for him and was hanging from the rafters by his feet. He had his sword resting against young BLERNS neck. Unable to breath, BLERN just stared at him...

"You are never to speak of this. Understand?"

BLERN nodded.

"You are never to come back to Dragon Island unless you are here as a dragon. Understand?"

BLERN nodded and blinked...

The man named blaze was nowhere to be seen

This is great. I can't wait to read this to baby KohPhi as a lullaby. What happens next.. tell me.. TELL ME GODDAMMIT!

This is great. I can't wait to read this to baby KohPhi as a lullaby. What happens next.. tell me.. TELL ME GODDAMMIT!
I haven't written the next few chapters yet. Was going to see reactions before i wrote them.

So if people want to be included they can post their application in here. But i will decide what sort of character they get to be.

I haven't written the next few chapters yet. Was going to see reactions before i wrote them.

So if people want to be included they can post their application in here. But i will decide what sort of character they get to be.
Yakker gets a starring role for sure ?

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
You want to read it to a child, whilst I am most likely going to have nightmares from it.

But I want in.

Back