News Thread of #ECO

Remove this Banner Ad

#eco is a blissful state of mind, weekends are yours again.

Please use the below resource for tips and life lessons. Thread was started 14th April 2016, the similarities are amazing

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/emotionally-checked-out-extended-2017-edition.1129159/

Because we won the flag I am now #eci :(

Back to the dark days.... watching 360 every night, tapping my foot impatiently waiting for the teams on Thursdays, anxiously checking tribunal hearings.

It's a double edged sword

Ladies and gents - no troll here. All I can advise is as a Tiger, embrace it. It will help you get through to the other side when it turns around. It's just easier than getting your heart ripped out every week. I hope the young fella who collapsed last night is ok. Cheers CB17.

Because we won the flag I am now #eci :(

Back to the dark days.... watching 360 every night, tapping my foot impatiently waiting for the teams on Thursdays, anxiously checking tribunal hearings.

It's a double edged sword

You're seriously not expecting any sympathy are you?

I've got three kids who push me to the limits physically and mentally at least 10 times a week not just for two hrs on a weekend.

Saints pffft you got nooooo chance of breaking my spirit.
Give it your best shot you heartbreaker of a club.
I survived Barry Brooks, I can survive anything.
Oath mate, my two kids push my buttons more than David Armitage and Jack Billings ever could. I shouted my guts out at Tony Delaney and all his drongo teammates at the dawn of this century, now living outside Australia provides me with the buffer I need to get past this inconsistent club which promises the moon and delivers Youranus.

Loving the input from the Premiershipmond posters :)
Keep it up please. I know plenty of passionate Richmond supporters.
But please remember that St Kilda doesn't have the history of success (long ago that it may be) that you've had.

At least your blokes were up and about and in the mix a couple of times in the last 20 years. Man sooooo close to beating those magpie campaigners.

Richmond were the genuine joke of the comp for decades. No one could lose close games like us or sit at 9th and generally just be useless. I mean to win TWO finals in 30 years (until last year) was deplorable. I explained it to a mate in QLD. He just didn't get that a club so pathetic had so many supporters.

Then in Tigers style we win the flag out of the blue.

#eco

Loving the input from the Premiershipmond posters :)
Keep it up please. I know plenty of passionate Richmond supporters.
But please remember that St Kilda doesn't have the history of success (long ago that it may be) that you've had.
I'd argue that apart from winning a flag we have been one of the more successful Victorian clubs since the inception of the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue that apart from winning a flag we have been one of the more successful Victorian clubs since the inception of the AFL.
It would be interesting seeing the stats.

Flags aside...or lack of them VDS66.....believe it or not....we do hold one good record.

If I have this right...we're the only club in VFL/AFL history that has won more games than we have lost....or 50/50 over a 10 year period.

2003 thru 2012.

What a ride that 10 years was!

I could never emotionally check out... even if I tried I’d find myself either at the game hurling abuse or in front of my tv acting like the umps or players could here me. I’m 25 so I’ve gone from s**t as a kid, unreal in my teen years and now who the * knows so I’m a mixed bag, been a member since I was 5 and plan to keep it that way until the day I’m no longer here!

As much stress, frustration and disappointment they put us through we gotta stick it out, as the Tigs lads said it makes it better when they finally go all the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back