List Mgmt. Lever Traded!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Both drill holes. If I'm sold a hacksaw as a drill, then I've got rights to a refund.

Doesn't really apply if you just go marching into the store and, rather than asking what they'd suggest for the job they're trying to do, you just demand they sell you a hacksaw RIGHT NOW then take it home and try drilling holes with it. We never "sold" Lever as such, they came and demanded we sell him and refused to take no for an answer.

I met a dees supporter through work last week and chatted about lever . He was really annoyed as thought he was a kpd. It shows how much many on here underrate Talia

Probably whats scarier is that almost every Crows poster on here, knows that he isnt a KPD but plays more as a 3rd tall in defence.

How Melbourne got this so wrong is probably whats hurting them and how much they paid?

Probably whats scarier is that almost every Crows poster on here, knows that he isnt a KPD but plays more as a 3rd tall in defence.

How Melbourne got this so wrong is probably whats hurting them and how much they paid?

The whole $800k thing is mind-boggling.

It's like the Tom Boyd $1 million a year.

Melbourne like:

tobias_shotwad.png

The whole $800k thing is mind-boggling.

It's like the Tom Boyd $1 million a year.

Melbourne like:

tobias_shotwad.png

To be fair to Lever, being offered $800k and on a multi year contract and return home, he would be foolish to turn it down.

I place the blame more on Melbourne than anyone else for offering a ridiculous contract. Hopefully they pay for their madness.

at least tom boyd played his 1 good game in a winning grand final..Lever..bwahahah

I think Dogs supporters will always no matter what feel it was worth the price, he was the difference in that 2nd half when he tore Sydney's defence apart to win their first flag in decades.

To be fair to Lever, being offered $800k and on a multi year contract and return home, he would be foolish to turn it down.

I place the blame more on Melbourne than anyone else for offering a ridiculous contract. Hopefully they pay for their madness.
Yeah I say good luck to him.

He probably would have stayed on our offer till BT sweet talked the Dees into offering him that stupid offer.

Oh well worked out well for us with Doedee, and having a second p8ck in next year's draft. Not to mention a better position to get Gibbs in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lever is another prime example of the danger that comes with offering massive coin to young players who haven't earned it.

Much like with Tom Boyd, you don't walk into a club on huge coin without massive expectations and pressure being on your shoulders. With social media etc the pressure on players is more than it's ever been in the past. Some players can handle it, but for a young player it's a massive burden to try and carry around.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here because at the moment I honestly think that things could go either way with Lever. I definitely think that it's gone through his mind that sitting behind Talia and Hartigan in our backlines was more enjoyable than his first four weeks at Melbourne have been.

Last edited:
I think Dogs supporters will always no matter what feel it was worth the price, he was the difference in that 2nd half when he tore Sydney's defence apart to win their first flag in decades.

Yep. If it were our club, I'd say he was worth every cent.

Of course, I'd be trading / delisting him when the current contract expires :p But I would not have any regrets about signing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How different the tales of Lever and Kelly. Kelly took an GWS offer way under NMs and has been flying under radar and continuing to play his role within GWS (although just got injured).

Lever takes the extra money and spotlight in Victoria. Struggling.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine you're about 30, you've risen quickly to the ranks of middle or even senior management, you're very good in your area and you're pulling down say $150-200K. Then someone comes along and headhunts you for a CEO role at, say, $700K. Realistically, you know you're probably not ready for / suited for such a role, but the money is sweet - at least for the short term, the risk is that you'll crash and burn, and damage your career prospects ongoing. If you're full of yourself, and not self-analytical enough to realise your shortcomings....

Do you take the job, for the money, and take the risk?

Of course for an AFL player the equation is different. You're going to get the money no matter how you perform, and even if you are only adequate in your new role, the worst that can happen is you'll get a lower contract next time. So for 3 years at least, you make a premium. The risk is personal / reputational, but the money is there regardless. And of course you're a lot closer to the end of your career than the 30 year old middle manager, so you don't have to look too far into the future.

Short story - no, you can't blame Lever for taking the money, but it could come at a personal/reputational cost that he may not realise he is risking - if he's full of himself, and his dad and BT keep telling him he's god's gift.

Imagine you're about 30, you've risen quickly to the ranks of middle or even senior management, you're very good in your area and you're pulling down say $150-200K. Then someone comes along and headhunts you for a CEO role at, say, $700K. Realistically, you know you're probably not ready for / suited for such a role, but the money is sweet - at least for the short term, the risk is that you'll crash and burn, and damage your career prospects ongoing. If you're full of yourself, and not self-analytical enough to realise your shortcomings....

Do you take the job, for the money, and take the risk?

Of course for an AFL player the equation is different. You're going to get the money no matter how you perform, and even if you are only adequate in your new role, the worst that can happen is you'll get a lower contract next time. So for 3 years at least, you make a premium. The risk is personal / reputational, but the money is there regardless. And of course you're a lot closer to the end of your career than the 30 year old middle manager, so you don't have to look too far into the future.

Short story - no, you can't blame Lever for taking the money, but it could come at a personal/reputational cost that he may not realise he is risking - if he's full of himself, and his dad and BT keep telling him he's god's gift.

I do like your example and there is definitely similarities, with that said there is one major issue.

The average AFL career. If I am not mistaken its roughtly around 3 years or so? Anyone remember this stat?

So for Lever, getting that multi year deal on that coin is in his eyes worth more than developing himself first or establishing success at a Club that was just in a Grand Final.

Lever is 22, a 4 year deal @$800k does set him up for life in his home state. I respect why he did what he did. He will perform better than what he has been doing, but he is no big strong KPD. At the age of 26 will get a smaller contract which will take him close to retirement.

Everybody go on the AFL app and compare Lever to Doedee LOL.
Doedee is averaging better stats and is way more cheaper. Kharma

Doedee is a different player though, I think in the long term that Doedee will be someone who forces Kelly out of his spot once we get another mobile tall in our backlines.

Lever is 22, a 4 year deal @$800k does set him up for life in his home state. I respect why he did what he did. He will perform better than what he has been doing, but he is no big strong KPD. At the age of 26 will get a smaller contract which will take him close to retirement.

I understand it. That doesn't mean I respect it :p

haha, you sponsor him too
After u pointed that out to me, i hadnt had a good laugh like that in a while.

I went to the sponsors lunch, actually met him too. Seems like a nice fella

I asked him if the rumor about him dumping his Adeliade gear at the Tip was true. He denied it vehemently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back