Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the mullet haircut trend with Vic based teams ATM, is it a thing in the cultural capital of Australia?

Some 2012 Grand Final nostalgia. It isn't my video, I saved it ages ago but it doesn't seem to be on YouTube or anywhere else. My favourite GF clip of all time is at 1:45 when Norm Smith Medallist Ryan O'Keefe contests a hard ball with Dan Hannebery. One of them goes down like he's been shot, one bursts away with a critical possession.

Its a great video with a good soundtrack and some unique slow-mo shots, I hope others enjoy it

Hope you don't mind me popping in, I promise I don't have any contagious diseases from WA.

A mate & I are coming over to your fine city to watch Swans/Eagles Fri night at SCG, but neither of us have been.
Hoping for some advice in terms of where to stay that's reasonably close to the ground (we're off to Melb the next morning).
Also what section should I look at for tickets? Pretty sure being mid June it'll be raining & don't feel like watching a probable loss in the wet.

Thanks in advance.
We had a thread somewhere for interstate visitors. Hey swansfan51 is it worthwhile bumping the old thread or creating a new sticky?

We had a thread somewhere for interstate visitors. Hey swansfan51 is it worthwhile bumping the old thread or creating a new sticky?
Excellent idea, anyone is free to bump the old thread! I will move this visitor's post in there now

My pessimism towards this team is at an all-time high. I was more optimistic at 0-5 last year. Tonights loss just cemented it.

2007-2009 Swans time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Collingwood player Des Tuddenham coached South Melbourne in 1978.
Back then after a loss he made the players pull themselves across the ground using their arms.
I was surprised he would boast about it when he was coaching Essendon in 1974.
Never liked him!

Former Collingwood player Des Tuddenham coached South Melbourne in 1978.
Back then after a loss he made the players pull themselves across the ground using their arms.
I was surprised he would boast about it when he was coaching Essendon in 1974.
Never liked him!
That's horrific!

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, I avoid this place for three days after a shocking loss so I haven't read anything on here since about 7.30 Saturday night, but I thought this would turn a few frowns upside down - if only for a second!

Titus nails it again;
"Hawthorn went from strength to strength and showed what a special club they are, even having goals counted despite the siren already going before the kick.
You know you’re good when the laws of the game bend to accommodate you"
:grinning::thumbsupemoji::tearsofjoy::clapping:

Titus nails it again;
"Hawthorn went from strength to strength and showed what a special club they are, even having goals counted despite the siren already going before the kick.
You know you’re good when the laws of the game bend to accommodate you"
:grinning::thumbsupemoji::tearsofjoy::clapping:

Titus is usually very good, but counting the goal was the correct call. The quarter doesn't actually end until the umpire hears the siren and ends the quarter. If a player kicks the ball as the siren is sounding and it goes through for a goal, it's generally counted, as there might be a short delay between the siren sounding and the umpire ending the quarter. It doesn't happen very often, but it has happened before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back