Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
Ok I'm a glass half full kind of girl so here's a thread for all the positive things going on in our club. Please let's keep this positive. If you have nothing good to say then this is not the thread for you.

Our board has a good mix of experience and backgrounds. Judd is on the recruiting panel for our new women's coach.

Our coach is a beauty. He knows what he is doing and rides all the bumps with us.

Our women's team has brought a whole new dynamic of supporters to the games. I see lots of young children and whole families and it makes me grin.

Ikon Park getting some decent money thrown at it to upgrade facilities. This to me is a huge tick for our board and club.

Our recruiting team led by SoS is doing some really intelligent recruiting and will continue to do so.

This year we have some nice merchandise.

The club has improved in engaging interstate supporters and holding events when the team travels.

Lastly the playing group. I see a group of players who genuinely like each other and have bonds.

Please add your own positives.

Woooooohooooooo :thumbsu:

My positives:

MLG
Redevelopment of PP
Increasing membership
Massive Cultural change
Silvagni
Silvagni
Bolton
Trigg then Liddle
Dow
Murphy
O'Brien (something special about this kid)
SPS
Simpson
Kennedy
Kruezer
Cripps
McKay
TDK
Docherty
Lang
Rowe
Schumacher
Plowman
Garlett
Marchbank
Weitering
Fisher
Macreadie
Cuningham
Polson
Charlie
Willo
Pickett
Phillips
Ed
Kerr
Byrne
ASOS
LEBOIS
I'm alive to see it
We still have most flags
Will still beat Essendon to 17 flags by 2022
Great Club
Great Jumper
We will make up for 25 years in wilderness and then some
Judd on board
No Malthouse
More draftess this year
There is a "Big Fish" to join our great young group
Another Silvagni coming
I don't mind seeing Mrs Silvagni around the club either :thumbsu:

I could on.

I'm actually a very positive person. Glass at least half full :)

Go Blues!

Last edited:

Ok I'm a glass half full kind of girl so here's a thread for all the positive things going on in our club. Please let's keep this positive. If you have nothing good to say then this is not the thread for you.

Our board has a good mix of experience and backgrounds. Judd is on the recruiting panel for our new women's coach.

Our coach is a beauty. He knows what he is doing and rides all the bumps with us.

Our women's team has brought a whole new dynamic of supporters to the games. I see lots of young children and whole families and it makes me grin.

Ikon Park getting some decent money thrown at it to upgrade facilities. This to me is a huge tick for our board and club.

Our recruiting team led by SoS is doing some really intelligent recruiting and will continue to do so.

This year we have some nice merchandise.

The club has improved in engaging interstate supporters and holding events when the team travels.

Lastly the playing group. I see a group of players who genuinely like each other and have bonds.

Please add your own positives.
This is my kind of thread.

Woooooohooooooo :thumbsu:
I'm actually a very positive person. Glass at least half full :)

Go Blues!

upload_2018-4-16_17-3-35.png

Soapy's version of a glass half full. :)

Plenty of positives but I'll always be wary of the possible negatives just around the corner.
Have to see that proof first and will never again buy into a #trust_in_*****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A positive thread, well done Neese

Most important positive for me is that we have finally embraced the draft/trade periods to improve our list for the medium to long term. Short term results and consistency will suffer over the next 12 odd months, but if the club shows patience and character, the rewards are limitless

Love SOS's trade weeks.... we're doing really well I think but obviously some way to go for it all to gel

We have the Blueseum - love that

Best guernsey - love that

Great history - love it but try to ignore it these days

Charlie and Cripps will be guns - love that

Oh yeah Blueseum rules
Another I forgot Tony De Bolfo.

View attachment 484038

Soapy's version of a glass half full. :)

Plenty of positives but I'll always be wary of the possible negatives just around the corner.
Have to see that proof first and will never again buy into a #trust_in_*****

Please list some positives. I'm interested in what people see.

Please list some positives. I'm interested in what people see.

Our 'attempt' in doing things properly by way of key appointments.
Stopped head-hunting those that CEO thought to be best, or President thought to be best etc. We have embraced a business-type process.

We finally have a stand-alone List Manager. No meddling from CEO's, Football Managers, Presidents etc.
We have a one-stop shop making the decisions as to who will come into this club and who will not for better or worse, but it is the right way.

We have a plan...a real plan...and even if it doesn't bring about the ultimate goal, the fact we have an honest plan, is a step in the right direction.

We may have subtly distanced ourselves from Mathieson. Easier said than done, but he has at least been quiet in the media, in recent years.

Each and every one of these points are prone to be sabotaged again, unfortunately.
If they're not and Carlton finally become an honest (brutal is fine, but has to be honest) club, we'll be better off for it.

Fisher.....really love how he goes about it. No ******* around, head down and full speed ahead.

Curnow Charlie, Charlie Curnow.

O’brien....only 1 game in but love his beautiful kicking action.

I could go on, and I will....

Cuningham developing just fine, will be smooth as silk.

My favourite from his 1st game...Crippa....say no more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back