Prediction Changes for round 5 v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?
What more does the bloke need to do?
What's so important that we must omit him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The feeling is we can't possibly take him to perth because that ia too hard on him and he needs to sit in the VFL more

we also need a Hunter replacement now

Why?
What more does the bloke need to do?
What's so important that we must omit him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree he should come in this week to help out English on the back of good form, but what else does he need to do? Well for start, put together consistently good performances in the VFL. From all reports, he was mediocre in the previous weeks and no where near a call up.

The problem is with a big name player I feel extended vfl to find form might actually be detrimental to his confidence.

If we are carrying blokes like honey and Jong I'd rather we carry a game from big tom.

In Roughead Cordy
Out suspended Hunter, English( to go visit family)
Not going to win anyway, so might as well stick with the same Ayce Cordy trials..And bring in Boyd next week.

It is annoying, but it is a fair cop for what Lachie did.

Agree with you that hunter deserved to cop something as he did the wrong thing but when you compare it to Sicily who got a week for kneeing Selwood in the head it doesn’t seem right.

Hunter probably deserves a week and Sicily 3 but going on the Sicily decision should of been a fine

People are seriously complaining about Hunter's suspension? Take off your rose coloured glasses. I still don't even know why he did it in the first place, doesn't seem like the Sydney player even did anything. Brain fade.
Brain fade but it’s hard to tell what he actually did hence why I thought it fell more into the fine/reprimand category.

Problem I have is that they’re not consistent. There’ll be half a dozen similar ones over the next 3-4 rounds that’ll get adjudicated differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows MRO is stricter this year. Player stupidity is the only thing to blame with the Cordy/Hunter incidents. We are starting to become a bit undisciplined with little things like this. Players need to not overstep the margin of error in these instances. No need for any contact in either instance, particularly the LH one (no matter how much Papley may annoy you).

People are seriously complaining about Hunter's suspension? Take off your rose coloured glasses. I still don't even know why he did it in the first place, doesn't seem like the Sydney player even did anything. Brain fade.

If I remember correctly, Sydney player tackled dogs player high, and dragged him down by the head/neck.

Slight over reaction by Hunter, but not totally without reason.

I was actually happy Hunter went and did it, Papley was being a twat all game and Hunter gave him the cheap one he deserved. Didn't see these sort of things in rounds 1 and 2, I know it hurts now because he misses the week but as soon as I seen it I knew he'd get done I wish he just did it a little harder. I've been questioniong our toughness since early 2017 but the last two weeks have been better.

Everyone knows MRO is stricter this year. Player stupidity is the only thing to blame with the Cordy/Hunter incidents. We are starting to become a bit undisciplined with little things like this. Players need to not overstep the margin of error in these instances. No need for any contact in either instance, particularly the LH one (no matter how much Papley may annoy you).
So severe enough for a week’s suspension but not severe enough to reverse the free kick? MRP are inconsistent softcocks.

My Changes:

Out:Hunter(susp), Redpath(rest),Honeychurch, Biggs
In: Cordy, Lipinski, Roughead, Webb

Not sure Bev will drop Honeychurch yet but we have far too many with poor skill level. Give Webb a go on Hunter's wing. Would be interested to see us go big... bring in Boyd or Trengrove instead of Lipinski... but can't see Bev going taller after the last two weeks

Wood Cordy Williams
JJ Naughton Suckling
Mclean Wallis Webb
Dahlhaus Dunkley Dale
Dickson Roughead Gowers

English, Macrae, Bont

Richards, Jong, Daniel, Lipinski

So severe enough for a week’s suspension but not severe enough to reverse the free kick? MRP are inconsistent softcocks.
The MRP and the umpires are different entities/people with completely different amounts and sources of information at their disposal, along with different amounts of time to come to a decision. It's not comparable. The act deserved a free kick and a week's suspension. The umpires missing the free kick doesn't change the latter part of that statement.

I was actually happy Hunter went and did it, Papley was being a twat all game and Hunter gave him the cheap one he deserved. Didn't see these sort of things in rounds 1 and 2, I know it hurts now because he misses the week but as soon as I seen it I knew he'd get done I wish he just did it a little harder. I've been questioniong our toughness since early 2017 but the last two weeks have been better.

That game when the Swans roughed up JJ and no-one flew the flag was a low point of the season for me.
It set a trend for the following weeks when other teams thought they'd give it a go.
Hunter's gesture was a bit over the top, but I liked it too. Showed the boys were revved up for the occasion.

I couldn’t disagree more with your opinion. There are much tougher ways to show your hardness in an AFL game that pushing someone in the face when they are on the ground and can’t defend themselves. It’s stupid and he’s now missing an important game.

Should have sent Bailey "The Enforcer" Dale after him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back