R4 v West Coast Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand how many people are thinking “ oh no not again” after such a poor showing but I honestly think we are improving significantly under Dew, we will have our down days like Saturday but the growth will be upwards.
I expect us to demolish the lions with a return to high pressure accountable football

We would have lost that by 20 goals under previous Coaches. To keep it at 80 is definitely an improvement.

I definitely think our mids are starting to run on fumes. We really need to rotate in some fresh bodies. Even our experienced guy in Lyons looked cooked.

Fortunately we have fresh bodies to rotate in there.

I can understand how many people are thinking “ oh no not again” after such a poor showing but I honestly think we are improving significantly under Dew, we will have our down days like Saturday but the growth will be upwards.
I expect us to demolish the lions with a return to high pressure accountable football
As I said- we weren't far off breaking even from that trip
Couple of quarters and some opposition run ons aided and abetted by some favourable decisions aside and we're within 3 or 4 goals both games

Lecras gets off with "accidental head clash".
Not sure how i feel about this.
Good to see the bump isnt dead but
Blurred lines now between players getting suspended with contact to the head.
Bottom line is lecras chose to bump after a free kick was already called and made "accidental contact with the head". It was unnecessary and probably should've warranted a fine at the very least.

Bottom line is lecras chose to bump after a free kick was already called and made "accidental contact with the head". It was unnecessary and probably should've warranted a fine at the very least.
Without the benefit of slow-mos, replays and everything My Dad and I at the ground thought it was fair bump play on - both thought ainsworth only went down so hard because he was caught totally unaware, which to be fair is totally not Lecras fault. Not surprised noone heard a whistle. could barely hear any of the whistles with the crowd how they were.

Live, we though the only one that was likely to be trouble for either side was Bowes in the first quarter (i think), but looks like that was much fairer than it looked live.

Last edited:
Without the benefit of slow-mos, replays and everything My Dad and I at the ground thought it was fair bump play on - both thought ainsworth only went down so hard because he was caught totally unaware, which to be fair is totally not Lecras fault. Not surprised noone heard a whistle. could barely hear any of the whistles with the crowd how they were.
It can't be fair bump when you hit head.

The bump didnt hit the head...
You deliver a bump with your shoulder and hip.
sounds like you want Lecras rubbed out for a headbutt.
It looked to me like Lecras's shoulder hit Ainsworth head but yes would need other cameras views. Did anybody see official report?

The bump didnt hit the head...
You deliver a bump with your shoulder and hip.
sounds like you want Lecras rubbed out for a headbutt.
OK, just listened to Christian's explanation. "Lecras executed fair bump with shoulder to upper chest. Incidental head clash during bump" May be it's just me but don't agree with it. If you decide to bump and as a by product your head makes contact and causes concussion you should be responsible for it. Any duty of care how you execute bump?

I was at the ground about 30yards away from the incident. Ainsworth tried to play on after Sexton had already been awarded a free kick. In that process Le Cras contacted him - Ainsworth being totally unaware of his presence. The "Bump" was more chest on and knocked Ainsworth onto his back. If head high contact occurred it appeared minimal and might have warranted a fine at worst.
Bit surprised Ainsworth went off with concussion from it - thought he was more likely winded.

I was at the ground about 30yards away from the incident. Ainsworth tried to play on after Sexton had already been awarded a free kick. In that process Le Cras contacted him - Ainsworth being totally unaware of his presence. The "Bump" was more chest on and knocked Ainsworth onto his back. If head high contact occurred it appeared minimal and might have warranted a fine at worst.
Bit surprised Ainsworth went off with concussion from it - thought he was more likely winded.

When I saw that incident my immediate reaction was “why don’t our blokes do more of that”.
It was good footy by LeCras.

Ok so the standard has been set hit a guy in the head after a whistle and it’s play on.

Just roll out the excuses, didn’t hear the whistle or he played on. Let’s see that consistently applied
Iva there was nothing wrong with the bump, it was the accidental head to head contact that came along with it. Do you want people rubbed out if there is head to head contact in a tackle as well? Maybe in a marking contest?
the bump was well executed. If a bump like that isnt allowed they may as well just ban bumping altogether

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iva there was nothing wrong with the jump, it was the accidental head to head contact that came along with it. Do you want people rubbed out if there is head to head contact in a tackle as well? Maybe in a marking contest?
the bump was well executed. If a bump like that isnt allowed they may as well just ban bumping altogether

All I want is consistency, was Bowes bump worse than LeCras? In my opinion no it wasn’t but one got a week and the other nothing

Ok so the standard has been set hit a guy in the head after a whistle and it’s play on.

Just roll out the excuses, didn’t hear the whistle or he played on. Let’s see that consistently applied

I’d love to see our little petals test the boundaries of what you can get away with and hurt key players in our opposing teams.
It will get the punters in the clubs, taverns and sports bars of the GC paying attention too.
You would think that with Dew and Solomon on the coaching staff and May/Lynch as captains that they would be able to get some mongrel into our little hair gel petals playing group

Iva there was nothing wrong with the bump, it was the accidental head to head contact that came along with it. Do you want people rubbed out if there is head to head contact in a tackle as well? Maybe in a marking contest?
I think the issue with it is it wasnt technically in play. The umpire had not called play on and therefore lecras had no right to lay a bump.

I think the issue with it is it wasnt technically in play. The umpire had not called play on and therefore lecras had no right to lay a bump.
By his action Ainsworth had played on - taking Sextons free . So Lecras just lets him past to kick a goal ...?
Wish he did - but he's not stupid...
Anothr point - Lecras is a forward pocket applying a defensive action 20m out from the opposition goals . How many of our forwards get to position to do that ?

By his action Ainsworth had played on - taking Sextons free . So Lecras just lets him past to kick a goal ...?
Wish he did - but he's not stupid...
Anothr point - Lecras is a forward pocket applying a defensive action 20m out from the opposition goals . How many of our forwards get to position to do that ?
well if i player steps over the mark because his opponent is in the process of playing on and the umpire hasn't called it yet a 50m penalty is usually given.

well if i player steps over the mark because his opponent is in the process of playing on and the umpire hasn't called it yet a 50m penalty is usually given.
Maybe you needed to be there to understand...

Which would be relevant had it been Sexton that Lecras hit.

just saying ainsworth had not played on at that point in time as the umpire had not called play on.
How do you know - no one could hear anything with all the Eagles fans going off and the Mexican waves happening. I'm betting the umpire acknowledged that Ainsworth was playing on - but when Ainsworth was hit he determined no advantage had occurred and the free kick reverted back to Sexton.

i think the mic's the umpires have would have picked it up. after all its easier to hear and see what happened on a tv screen then 50 meters away from the action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back