Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last 2 years alone, Pearce Hanley, Jarrod Witts, Jarryd Lyons, Michael Barlow, Aaron Young, and Lachie Weller have all nominated us
Jarrod Witts:
Yeah he has been a surprise packet. Im still waiting to see it for longer but in 60/40 on him. I do think he could end up a real solid pick up

Pearce Hanley:
Is 30 nearing the end......so not going to really help much as you won't be making finals. I can't remember if it were family reasons but only played 10 -13 games last year, so I don't think you will be getting much more out of him.

Michael Barlow:
Looked good when he played his 10-13 games last year but again not a full season. Cant get into your best 22 atm, also was delisted by the dockers so I'm not surprised you picked him up because not many teams were interested in him, plus he is also 30 so doesnt have much left in him.

Aaron Young:
Too soon to judge him, is young has been hot at times and ice cold. Need to see how this season ends and if ends up good he will need to back it up.

Jarryd Lyons:
He has been the one real stand out pick up for me has started the season strong and think he will continue. this is one good get.

Lachie Weller:
Too early to say anything on him, has the potential to be a real good player but I'm not just completely sold on him yet.

When I look at that list of players I see no world beaters or someone that I think damn thats a real impressive get and he is a game changer

Cant we have conversation?

I would like to hear why you think that gcs are on the improvement?
From watching the 3 games this year, we actually seem to have an appetite for the contest which we haven't had over the past 2 seasons. In games during the past couple of seasons the moments the Suns were challenged we would wilt like a wet lettuce leaf and let in streams of 5 and 6 goals in a row, but during points of games (especially in our wins this season) we have been challenged by teams (albeit probably not teams who will be finals bound) and we have stood up and broken the run of momentum.

For people that watched us closely over the past 2 years you could also tell we were one of the least combative teams out there relying on Ablett or Swallow usually to grab the ball and feed it out to the outside where we would be standing around like a bunch of seagulls. From the small sample space everyone is buying in, having a crack and digging in and putting their head over the pill. Also we actually tackle now which is something we have never done before consistently (again we need to wait and see if it last the season, but from the small sample size it looks on the right path).

Off field, we have taken out the old heads of football who has overseen from all reports poor off field standards in not just players, but staff and we have completely replaced the backroom with good operators. We even have your old CEO (President?) who did some amazing things for your club off field doing his best to sort it all out. We have new facilities that once the Commonwealth Games is over are all ours. And a new coach that can actually relate to the players in our team, but also drives standards.

So from coming where we have been, I would say there are positive signs. We won't be in the reckoning for finals but if we can push up the ladder and move out of that bottom 4, I would say it has been a good season, if we can push towards 10th then it has been an amazing season. 2 early wins when we spend our first 10 games on the road is good. If we can snag 2-3 more wins before the half way point, it will, in my opinion be a successful navigation of a tough time.

Sorry for the essay.

Wasting your time the Vic supporters wouldn’t know a thing about our club.
We all know that you have had a s**t load of top draft picks and are sucking money from the AFL at an alarming rate, so that's 2 things.

So that statement you made is false and I have proved it by stating two FACTS.

You need to relax young fella because we all know Tom Lynch will go to the highest bidder, that bidder will be the AFL.

So all good.

Last edited:
Which teams in Melbourne meet this criteria

- Will be in contention, or close to it in 2019
- Can afford to pay $1.2 million each year over the next 5 or 6 years
- Need a key forward

I think Hawthorn meet all those criteria, but thinking about it Richmond might as well, and even though they may not meet the criteria on being a contender in 2019 I could see Collingwood throwing a bucket load of cash to lure Lynch to them.

Edit: added a comma so my point makes sense.

Last edited:
In the last 2 years alone, Pearce Hanley, Jarrod Witts, Jarryd Lyons, Michael Barlow, Aaron Young, and Lachie Weller have all nominated us
To be fair, a lot of those were discards that not too many others would have been chasing that hard. They weren't marquee players.
Weller is a great get on potential, but the rest weren't rated all that highly.

Still, I think when GC do sort themselves on field, they'll be able to attract players. The GC is a good place to live if you're a young single guy looking to avoid the AFL limelight of Melbourne.

- Need a key forward

I think Hawthorn meet all those criteria, but thinking about it Richmond might as well and even though they may not meet the criteria on being a contender in 2019 I could see Collingwood throwing a bucket load of cash to lure Lynch to them.

You think we wont be a contender next year,why? All our guns next year wont be 30 outside of jack and our young core will have another finals series under there belt.

Slot lynch in and wowie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Need a key forward

I think Hawthorn meet all those criteria, but thinking about it Richmond might as well, and even though they may not meet the criteria on being a contender in 2019 I could see Collingwood throwing a bucket load of cash to lure Lynch to them.

Edit: added a comma so my point makes sense.
Richmond is interesting but could be very tight for money with the recent flag, Saints have enough money their and promising to get his attention, as for Hawthorn I'm very bullish.

Eade has come out and said he will return to Melb at years end. Eade is a big reason he would be looking to make a move.

Righty-O.....Is Eade still at the Suns then?

Fairly certain Eade is coaching local Eastern suburban league in Melbourne nowadays.

Surely Gold Coast are going to offer him $1.5 million a year for 5 years. They can't afford to lose Ablett 1 year and Lynch the next.

If we offer that it may make us lose other key players due to lack of funds such as Wright, KK, Martin. May be wrong but I don’t reckon we will offer 1.5 straight up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back