Autopsy Hawks flog Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis had a bad game today, but I'm not liking the disrespect shown to one of our champions. 4 time premiership player and a b&f's in a premiership year.

Glad he isn't playing well against us but will always wish him well for what he did for the club. Was paid unders for many years as well.
Couldn't agree more. Lewie had a bad day yesterday but over the journey he has been a nett positive for the Demons. He is a former hawk champion and i will always remember him for that.
Plus his new hair is sensational, it's got a touch of the Ray Martin's about it.

Jordan Lewis was a wonderful player for the Hawks as were Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge but it appears to me that Clarko has been astute in picking their use by date in each instance.
If they pick up a final year or two at another club good luck to them. We are better served making the hard decisions to move them on to retirement or another team rather than have them keep a developing kid out of the team.

It would appear Howe's 36km/h breaks the top speed record in the player tracker data, smashing the previous 35.3km/h held by...... Jarman Impey ;)
Is this across all teams?

Cyril Rioli - best 6-possession game you will ever see. Always at work on the ball and does some exceptional hidden stuff.
He,ll be back , poppy too. We have some depth Clarko,s plans are a work in progress since 2016!

Some things falling into place, Mira great, Frawley fine up front.

Do not under estimate North Melbourne. We have to be on our toes

Impressed with the composure of Harry Morrison yesterday. He’s been talked up in here a fair bit (which I thought was a bit premature) but he is obviously rated by the coaching staff. He was deployed as a loose man at one stage when Melbourne put their wingers in defence and was generally very clean with the ball despite the conditions and wasn’t easily brushed aside. Even took a kick in at one stage! Lots to look forward to, he will keep his spot you’d think with the injuries to Rioli and Puopolo which will mean Impey plays a bit more forward.

Jordan Lewis was a wonderful player for the Hawks as were Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge but it appears to me that Clarko has been astute in picking their use by date in each instance.
If they pick up a final year or two at another club good luck to them. We are better served making the hard decisions to move them on to retirement or another team rather than have them keep a developing kid out of the team.
Worth noting that we got beaten by Melbourne in 2016 precisely because Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis couldn't keep up with thier opponents.

Now Melbourne have slowed down by adding an even slower version of Lewis and we've got O'meara, Mitchell, Impy and Henderson added to Sheils and Smith who can all really run well be it speed or endurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical media. I rarely watch 360, but I tuned in tonight to see what they are saying about the Hawks. Nothing. It's not about how good we were, it's about how bad Melbourne were. I don't know why I bother with the media.

Who cares. Footy media is getting worse and worse I swear. Might chuck on the odd show here or there in the background but they're all pretty s**t.

Typical media. I rarely watch 360, but I tuned in tonight to see what they are saying about the Hawks. Nothing. It's not about how good we were, it's about how bad Melbourne were. I don't know why I bother with the media.
Not all are ignoring us. Flog Barrett on AAA was saying Hawks are back in the frame. Quite positive.

Watch the game again, keeping a special eye out for Harry Morrison, and I must say for someone only playing their second game he really impressed. He did so much unrewarded running, and his disposal, even under pressure was great. He could be the person we are looking for to replace Brad Hill.

I think Mirra has shown he is right for AFL, and will be difficult to replace. The job he did on Hogan was exceptional.

Special mention to Tim and Taylor. If you guys can string a few games together like you played against the Dees, then the critics (Big Footy ones that is) will leave you alone.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back