Preview A Noir Night At The Pineapple: Brisbane Lions V Gold Coast Suns - Round 5 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I ruptured a ligament in my back a little while back and they told me 3 weeks for it to feel better. I still get pain from it now (9 months later).
For Rich it is his kicking foot too, so might take a little longer than 3 weeks I would think.

Yeah!!!....Funnily enough about a week back I had a weak back.

Quick question or 2.

Am thinking of going up to the Gabba for this game and as we have Suns memberships we get general admission access. Do the GA section fill up quickly at the Gabba and will we have any trouble getting seats for me, my wife and 10 year old daughter.
Also what is the difference between GA and standard seating?

Really need to get the win this week. Super important to bounce back from the Tigers game, and also to get some points on the board. We've had a good start to the year (last week excluded) and need to get some reward for effort. Going to be tough to kick-start the season unless we get a win here.

Lions by 23.

Quick question or 2.

Am thinking of going up to the Gabba for this game and as we have Suns memberships we get general admission access. Do the GA section fill up quickly at the Gabba and will we have any trouble getting seats for me, my wife and 10 year old daughter.
Also what is the difference between GA and standard seating?
You want have any problems. Suns end is the right hand side on ticket map...always plenty of seats there!!!! Best to eat at a pub or shop nearby too.

Top preview Nunez - After that dismal performance, I appreciated the preview not actually including any football information. It was exactly what I needed. Plus, it dosed me up with Simpsons memes to get through another week...

b89.jpg

Top preview Nunez - After that dismal performance, I appreciated the preview not actually including any football information. It was exactly what I needed. Plus, it dosed me up with Simpsons memes to get through another week...

b89.jpg

Glad you liked it - my thoughts exactly!

I'm fairly optimistic about this week. Reckon the boys will do everything they can to atone for that loss. We will give it everything we've got.

Alone sits Nunez, humbly eating his way through three bowls of the Pineapples’ famous Khlav Kalesh.

Genius, Nunez. The preview all others will be judged by.

As to the game, what a conundrum. Both teams coming of of interstate floggings, but both knowing they are genuine chances this week.

Out Mayes and Matho.
In Lester and Lyons. IMO Lyons has earn't his chance, and we need his solid, reliable style of midfielder. His brother took a few years to hit his straps and is now a genuine AFL standard mid. I can see this in Corey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Lester Bastinac Lyons McStay
Out: Mathieson Bewick Mayes Walker

B Gardiner Andrews Hodge
HB Witherden McStay Robertson
C Taylor Lester McCluggage
HF Beams Hipwood Zorko
F Cameron Rayner Robinson
R Martin Christensen Berry
I Bastinac Lyons Cutler Bailey

Our current midfield set up is failing. Lester has shown in the past he can be a good clearance winner. I don't mind the mix of Bundy, Berry and Lester as they can all win the contested footy. Get Robinson, Bastinac, Lyons, Cutler and Bailey rotating through there. Beams and Zorko can go through the middle as well but I'd like too see if they can find some form playing on the half forward flanks. McStay in for Walker simply on a needs basis to help cover the Suns talls. We'll go for a smaller forward set up with Hipwood roaming up the wings and Rayner and Cameron playing man on man deep in the forward line.

Zorko not cited for that tackle. Whew!

He loves the QClash.

Would except Beams to have a big game too. I reckon he and Zorko in particular will be feeling the pressure to perform this week.

The calls for Lester to come in for Matho are mind boggling.Also the comment from lionshine that Lester wins contested ball and should run around in the midfield

Not sure why it is mind boggling considering Lester is averaging more CP per game than Matho and absolutely dominated against the Sydney reserves in both CP and CLR. Matho is definitely a better clearance player but Lester has a lot of attributes like leadership, being able to play forward, mid or back and has more experience.

Will we swap Matho for Lester? Who knows but asking the question is hardly mind boggling.

Expect a high scoring match people, last five QClashes have led to an average score of 109 (more specifically 108.7) per side. Would be a welcomed change to see more than 2 goals this week.

The calls for Lester to come in for Matho are mind boggling.Also the comment from lionshine that Lester wins contested ball and should run around in the midfield
I am one of Matho's biggest supporters. I just don't think he is ready to play seniors week in and week out yet and will have to go back to the reserves every now and then to work on his craft and continue to improve things like defensive running.

In: Lester Bastinac Lyons McStay
Out: Mathieson Bewick Mayes Walker
Rationale for dropping Bewick? He has definitely earnt his spot for mine. Same for Walker in my opinion... don't think McStay's form has warranted a recall. Walker competes better than McStay at the moment, marks better, is better below his knees and is in the game, offensively and defensively, for much longer.
I like Bastinac, as you do, he has some class, but Bell's games in the last 2 weeks have been superior. He has largely been playing outside, which might contribute to it, and would make him a logical replacement for Bewick, but Bewick's running hasn't been matched by anyone else this season, at least that's how it appears on TV.

Rationale for dropping Bewick? He has definitely earnt his spot for mine. Same for Walker in my opinion... don't think McStay's form has warranted a recall. Walker competes better than McStay at the moment, marks better, is better below his knees and is in the game, offensively and defensively, for much longer.
I like Bastinac, as you do, he has some class, but Bell's games in the last 2 weeks have been superior. He has largely been playing outside, which might contribute to it, and would make him a logical replacement for Bewick, but Bewick's running hasn't been matched by anyone else this season, at least that's how it appears on TV.
I reckon Bastinac played really well in the second half of last year with his goal kicking and delivery inside 50 a stand out and I'd like to see him get a shot in the senior's to see if he can replicate that form. I reckon he can contribute more than Bewick can playing that wing/HFF role. Simple as that. Nothing against Bewick per se but I don't see him as a player cemented in the best 22.

Not really. It's common to see Matho running 15 to 20 metres away from the opposition ball carrier and not making up ground. He doesn't apply pressure through running or provide offensive options either. He doesn't spread well from contests, offensively and defensively... he might start something off, but that's it, and his disposal efficiency is typically not high. He's not suffering from leather poisoning either...
I think Lester clearly offers more at the moment.

I reckon Bastinac played really well in the second half of last year with his goal kicking and delivery inside 50 a stand out and I'd like to see him get a shot in the senior's to see if he can replicate that form. I reckon he can contribute more than Bewick can playing that wing/HFF role. Simple as that. Nothing against Bewick per se but I don't see him as a player cemented in the best 22.
Agree with you about Bastinac last year. On form Bewick is in best 22 at the moment, so he should stay. You can't drop performing players, when so many haven't been. Others such as Mayes, Cutler, Bailey or Taylor should come out for him before Bewick, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back