Most popular afl clubs as in social Media

Remove this Banner Ad

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
below is the list of in order the most popular afl clubs as per social media. In the total numbers I have included Facebook likes for each club plus instragram and Twitter followers in the total numbers. Tomorrow I will give you the break down of each club;

1. Collingwood 626,458
2. Essendon 621,643
3. Hawthorn 577,639
4. Adelaide 534,313
5. Richmond 519,065
6. Carlton 517,083
7. West Coast 480,387
8. Sydney 476,223
9. Geelong 397,785
10. Fremantle 378,416
11. Port Adelaide 373,092
12. Western Bulldogs 331,459
13. St.kilda 309,859
14. North Melbourne 292,720
15. Brisbane 276,670
16. Melbourne 261,418
17. Gold Coast 215,114
18. GWS 213,874

Obviously before the Richmond v Brisbane games Brandon Gale was right when he stated that even tho Richmond have the most members in the afl they are ranked the 5th or 6th most popular club as per the AFL.

Clutching at straws to find anything where Pies excel in last few years? Oh wait Pies - are on top free kick differential for 2018. You will have to stick to some other excuse for the time being. By the way you have a few!

I remember 2 or 3 years ago there was a thread looking at facebook likes. I always found it amazing how when either Collingwood or Essendon jumped ahead by a few thousand the other would remarkably close that gap in an incredibly short period of time. The result was that those 2 were miles ahead of anyone else, seemingly because of their ability to get thousands of likes almost instantly. But then not many for the next few weeks.....

It’s all swings and roundabouts with this kind of “popularity”. I’m sure if you had stats solely for this year the teams would be in a different order.

Also being popular on social media is necessarily a good thing, especially if your going poorly, its populated with trolls.

the nrl annual report says it is by far the most popular sport in oz if judged by social media hits, likes, whatevs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the nrl annual report says it is by far the most popular sport in oz if judged by social media hits, likes, whatevs
Not sure if that's true, but i can guarantee you that BigFooty absolutely obliterates League Unlimited for posts/members, but in fairness LU make it a lot harder to join up with their refusal to accept common email addresses like google and yahoo.

Not sure if that's true, but i can guarantee you that BigFooty absolutely obliterates League Unlimited for posts/members, but in fairness LU make it a lot harder to join up with their refusal to accept common email addresses like google and yahoo.
I'm sort if obssessed by leagueunlimited. it's not healthy, i'm conscious it's a poor habit, but i just can not look away from that cesspit of paranoid delusionals

I'm sort if obssessed by leagueunlimited. it's not healthy, i'm conscious it's a poor habit, but i just can not look away from that cesspit of paranoid delusionals
When there is a cricket game is on! pop in to the cricket section on LU & have a browse over some of the threads! There is more talk in what the the Victards are doing than the game it self!

Has anyone off Big Footy met a fellow club supporter or fan in person and know their real name?

Plenty of times

Some boards have pregame drinks to get together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back