Leaked Indigenous Jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Marketing Team should be embarrassed. The Guernsey is very Ordinary. Time to place Ardan in charge of Merchandising. :stern look

looks good. don't really understand why ppl whinge about some of these things, there is a new design every year or two, what other design did you expect.

Not massive on it. Been a big fan of our indigenous designs over the years (bought last years) and consider this probably our weakest to date. Not a big deal, as it's not 'bad'. Don't want to seem overly hard on the designers who I'm sure have done a power of work on this. Would be surprised if this was Sarrita King job

as much as I hate * and the fact the drug cheats represent our code on ANZAC Day, the Poppies on the slash are pretty good.

I thought they were Hibiscuses.

But of course they are poppies, growing on a caapi vine.

Not massive on it. Been a big fan of our indigenous designs over the years (bought last years)

Last years is objectively one of the best guernseys North have ever worn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did Matt Groening draw the hawks one, looks really cartoonish

Last years is objectively one of the best guernseys North have ever worn.

Yeah. I was all over that, last years was great and the first I’ve bought. Not sold on this one, something off about it… I think the V shape looks very odd. Need to see it in person but I think it’s a pass from me. Marketing & Design people must love working with our colours though. Look at Hawthorn’s above… who would have guessed that you could take their jumper and make it worse – quite the achievement.

Yeah. I was all over that, last years was great and the first I’ve bought. Not sold on this one, something off about it… I think the V shape looks very odd. Need to see it in person but I think it’s a pass from me. Marketing & Design people must love working with our colours though. Look at Hawthorn’s above… who would have guessed that you could take their jumper and make it worse – quite the achievement.

I've got a feeling that has happened a few times hasn't it?

Overachievers that lot.

I like it. Not sure they got the sizing right. Looks like I'll be running around with a crop top on. Oh well, I'll just glue a pedometer into the back and tell everyone it's a catapult performance monitor. I've worked hard in the off season so I'm not shy about showing off my rig.

Last edited:
I think the V shape looks very odd.

I like the jumper shintemaster but I get what you are saying. The two lines on the edges of the jumper look like they could meet the V and form an M at the back top side of the jumper.

I think they're meant to represent Pukumani Poles from the Tiwi Islands, but that's just a guess.

As opposed to Zondor's suggested design for the North Indigenous jumper, Punani Poles from Tender Touch, which didn't make it past quality control.

All the blue is quite beautiful, as it's such a rich shade, so I'm okay with the no stripes (or even better, if the stripes are still there, but on the back, that's okay). There's too much space though. Like a topography of an ocean. I suppose the V is reflective of a boomerang maybe? I dunno. It's a bit toooo....."logo-y", for lack of a better word. I love Sarrita King's work, and yes, I agree, this doesn't feel like it's her. But I guess time will reveal.

And that being said, if we've delisted Sarrita, I will be most upset. First we lose Wellsy, then I nearly needed therapy when Lindsay left, and now our resident beautiful artist? There is no mercy in this world!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back