Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated but I'm liking Salem in the last two weeks. I rate his clearance work really highly, and he's looking good kicking into the forward 50 too. I hope the coaches give him some consistency in this role, needs at least a month to work at it and improve.

Genuine forget, Salem has probably been our best player the last 2 weeks. Actually a better clearance player than I ever thought he could be.

Jack Graham, that is.

Anyway, good luck and hope you bring it. What a fixture our teams have created.

And we each get 2/3 of a day extra rest than our opponents in round six. Bonzer.

I hope we bring it just for the pure fact that if this game is a belter for a while then there's no reason it can't average 80k for a long time into the future..

I hope we bring it just for the pure fact that if this game is a belter for a while then there's no reason it can't average 80k for a long time into the future..
Would also like to maintain a winning record for as long as possible. 2-1 in our favour atm

Harmes, Bugg, Wagner out

Tyson, Pederson and Hunt in

Wouldn't mind seeing Lewis dropped but I just don't think it will happen.

Harmes should be dropped but I feel sympathy for him. Whoever thought he could play ruck and still play well was a ******* idiot and it's no surprise that our 2 back up rucks in Harmes and Trac were poor.
Have you seen how he tries to play? Guarentee he asked to do it. he needs to realise he aint that great and just do the basics well not try run through players or trying the dont argue at every turn or tryna take a screamer everytime ball is near him. bloke thinks hes a harlem globetrotter

You genuinely think we drop 5 blokes and pedo doesn't come in?
It’s 6 and yes I’d rather give Weideman a crack.
Bugg may frustrate the hell out of us, but who else is having 9 shots on goal in 2 weeks? I'd rather bugg have 9 at 35 than Hannan have 4 at 50.
At a key moment in the third Bugg had a set shot at goal that Hannan would’ve nailed. It was a set shot that could’ve helped stem the bleeding, instead it became a deflating moment. A valid criticism of Hannan is that he doesn’t get it enough. To be honest, I’d rather Hannan does 5 nice things than 5 of Bugg’s turnovers/misses.
Also how do you reckon rolling up with Lewis vince Oliver and jones will go with richmonds pressure? Oliver and jones have to play. Vince and Lewis shouldn't play.
I agree that Lewis has been poor but I believe that he can bring more in a big game than the others I’ve dropped. Vince has been ok after a shocker against Geelong. The pair of them generally use the ball better than the players I’ve dropped.

Have you seen how he tries to play? Guarentee he asked to do it. he needs to realise he aint that great and just do the basics well not try run through players or trying the dont argue at every turn or tryna take a screamer everytime ball is near him. bloke thinks hes a harlem globetrotter

Wouldn't be the first player to ask to play somewhere, it's up to the coach to put him where he plays best.

He's out of form, so are 20 other blokes but playing him in the ruck ain't bloody helping him.

I have been of the opinion that we should only play one of Vince and Lewis. And until the weekend they were playing decent enough each week. Personally can’t see them dropping Lewis he’s seen as a leader and on field coach. Plus as we saw against north he still had some really good footy in him.
Part of me thinks though that we won’t drop either just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been of the opinion that we should only play one of Vince and Lewis. And until the weekend they were playing decent enough each week. Personally can’t see them dropping Lewis he’s seen as a leader and on field coach. Plus as we saw against north he still had some really good footy in him.
I think they'd both be fine in the midfield, but they're not our most talented options there so we're letting them just * around at half back. My patience is definitely starting to run quite thin.

Had this discussion with a bloke yesterday and I completely agree.
Need experienced heads don't get me wrong but it didn't seem to help last week so yeah, the backline just looks bloody slow with those two in it.
Lewis was great against North and Bernie pretty good the first 3.
In - Hunt, Tyson, Pedo, Hannan
Out - Wagner, Harmes, Lewis, Melksham/Bugg

The Lewis injury should make things easier. I see Jetta actually copped an injury in the game, but is listed a test. Because he's been quiet anyway, I wouldn't be against giving him a week off.

Injuries are terrible...but of all the players, this was the only way Lewis was going to get dropped I feel.

The Lewis injury should make things easier. I see Jetta actually copped an injury in the game, but is listed a test. Because he's been quiet anyway, I wouldn't be against giving him a week off.
No way, we desperately need him for those Tiger smalls.

OUT: Lewis, Melksham, Harmes
IN: Tyson, Pedo, Hunt

FB: Hibberd O McDonald Jetta
HB: Jones Lever Wagner
C: Brayshaw Petracca Salem
HF: Fritsch Hogan Bugg
FF: Kent Pedersen Garlett
R: Gawn Oliver Tyson

I/C: ANB Hunt Vince Frost

Lewis was good in the North game. Not saying i wasn't critical of his performance Sunday, but after breaking his hand in the 2nd quarter and playing out the rest of the game, makes me half excuse him

Injuries are terrible...but of all the players, this was the only way Lewis was going to get dropped I feel.

C: Brayshaw Tyson Salem
HF: Fritsch Hogan Petracca
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

These changes will do me.

This is getting a bit closer to our best 22, actually, I feel. Viney and TMac come in for Wagner and Pedersen. Lewis for Bugg, maybe. I like Wagner now though - reckon there's a spot for him and Stretch when Vince and Lewis * off, and eventually you'd want him to even take over from Jetta.

lol !
Genuine forget, Salem has probably been our best player the last 2 weeks. Actually a better clearance player than I ever thought he could be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's had an ordinary year thus far though. Same with Lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back