Carlton Merchandise needs a complete overhaul

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
ILTCFC is normally good with the merch info, Aph.

Orange with wolf grey? Nike been enjoying the orange stuff this season with the training range for the lads and it doesn't look bad.

I think if it was an orange away jumper with a wolf grey emblem and sponsors, it would actually look pretty decent. The other way around though, not as keen.

Mar 11, 2008
PRINCES PARK
AFL Club
Carlton
Orange is the corporate color of their swoosh so it's no surprise they like using it where possible.

Seeing as the colour description lists wolf grey first and then total orange my guess is that it will be grey all.over with either an orange CFC or maybe a navy CFC but with orange panels somewhere... I don't care if they wear Sesame Street pajamas as long they're winning games of footy!

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Orange is the corporate color of their swoosh so it's no surprise they like using it where possible.

Seeing as the colour description lists wolf grey first and then total orange my guess is that it will be grey all.over with either an orange CFC or maybe a navy CFC but with orange panels somewhere... I don't care if they wear Sesame Street pajamas as long they're winning games of footy!

Bang on, not like we use the jumper much in a season anyway to be honest.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I'm really off Nike if that's true. It's one thing using a neutral colour (grey, white) for a clash jumper. It's a totally different thing using a primary colour that has absolutely nothing to do with our club.
And that has everything to do with another club's branding...

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Well it's official, after years of trading in their players we are becoming the Giants as next seasons clash junior is the same wolf grey of this year but with orange... Not sure how much orange or if the CFC will be orange but lock it in.

Couldn't be bothered looking for the rumour thread but anyway it's a fact.
Any word on a long sleeve guernsey?

I've been waiting bloody years for one!

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I would wait. That Carlton jumper Nike have us wearing is absolute shithouse quality, the worst in the league by some margin. Puma produce good stuff.
Yeah just reading the description, the logo is "heat pressed", which is marketing speak for iron on. Think I'll wait.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Further to the Nike not being a sponsor next year, I spoke to a Nike rep yesterday who told me that Nike is withdrawing a lot from Australia. In particular Nike golf and sponsorships. Sometime in the near future you won't be able to buy Nike golf products in Aus and will only be able to get them online.

She wasn't currently sure how much of the standard gear would still be around. She seemed to think stuff like sweat bands and some accessories would still be around as they're made by a different part of Nike, but as for the clothes in general will be scaled back. Just not enough money being made here.

Goes some of the way to explaining why they basically phoned in the Carlton sponsorship and half arsed the products. They couldn't wait for it to be over.

Back