FTA-TV AFL 360 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the four days a week format, like your daily news feed but * me it needs to freshen itself up one way or another.

Turned over just after 8pm and Richo's voice droning had me nearly falling asleep in seconds so I literally switched the TV off.

It's been said before but they really need to try rotate through all the coaches over the course of the season.

As I've said before, this segment has the potential to be fascinating but every week it just reviews the Geelong and St.Kilda games and unless you're a Cats or Saints fan it's boring and we've heard it all before.

Last night was terrible. In a pretty ordinary round of football, Geelong/St.Kilda was just about the least interesting game unless you follow one of these teams. Other games were even more lopsided, but the pathetic performances of Brisbane, Carlton, Gold Coast and Melbourne at least were worthy of more analysis. Collingwood's win was as amazing as Adelaide's fall, Essendon's turnaround from the week before was sensational and the Dogs/Swans game was a ripper. But this game (and GWS/Freo) pretty much went to script and ended up exactly as expected. Yet they wasted what felt like an eternity picking it apart like it was a Grand Final.

On the old World of Sport days (showing my age) they used to have ‘ Coaches Corner’ on the Sunday. Opposing coaches from day before would be interviewed about game.

Why doesn’t 360 just pick a game for the week and invite those two coaches in, and try and rotate coaches each week? That way you don’t even mind them talking about their particular game as it’s not the same s**t every week.

On the old World of Sport days (showing my age) they used to have ‘ Coaches Corner’ on the Sunday. Opposing coaches from day before would be interviewed about game.

Why doesn’t 360 just pick a game for the week and invite those two coaches in, and try and rotate coaches each week? That way you don’t even mind them talking about their particular game as it’s not the same s**t every week.

Nice idea. I'd love it if they had Buckley and Lyon in after a Collingwood/Freo game, with Buckley sitting next to Robbo and Lyon next to Whately.

Bob and Nick boring as batshit.

Gerard: How good is that goal from Buddy?
Bob: Yeah great goal.
Nick: Yeah no doubt.
Robbo: How good is Buddy? I mean really, how good is he?
Nick: Yeah he's good alright.
Bob: Yeah Buddy's pretty good.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not denying that they are boring, but they aren't exactly thought-provoking questions to be asked, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit surprised about the criticism of Chris Scott. I obviously get more from the Coaches segment than most as a Cats fan, but behind Buckley (who was great on 360), I think Scott is about the most open and honest coach to have on the panel. The best TV 360 had in recent years was Buckley and Scott together with Robbo. Richo just seems a bit slow???? He seems like a nice enough bloke but not the best (or the worst) guest panelist on the show.

Lewis has his moments but has been on too long. That argument I can cop with Scott. I think he is a good panelist but if they want to mix it up with a new coach, I'm fine with that. Jack - doesn't seem that smart. I like McClure because it may be train-wreck television, but boy is it entertaining when he goes on his rants. King can be good and bad but I like the dynamic with McClure. Haven't seen any episodes except some Monday's this year but Bob and Roo doesn't look interesting at all.

Haha! Oh wow! The whole natures way magnesium gel debacle! “What is it, do you use it?” If I was the marketing manager of this product I would be straight on the phone and furiously asking for a refund or a new co host! Why would you want to be associated with or sponsoring idiocracy!

Haha! Oh wow! The whole natures way magnesium gel debacle! “What is it, do you use it?” If I was the marketing manager of this product I would be straight on the phone and furiously asking for a refund or a new co host! Why would you want to be associated with or sponsoring idiocracy!

Only turned it on 30 seconds before Robbo said this, then heard him say about the turf issues at Optus Stadium “they water the grass, don’t they?”

I’m done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back