Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares if it is or isn't?

I'm setting my own up on the Torrens.

It will be on a Viking themed flaming boat.

Game Day Pillage

Why not flick the switch to vaudeville and go with

Australia2018_priscilla-queen-of-the-desert-melbourne-2018-i-will-survive-david-harris-tony-sheldon-euan-doidge.jpg

Gay Dame Village

According to the club and Richo

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-04-19/game-day-village-back-for-round-5
“Our members have consistently voted this as one of their favourite game day experiences since it was first introduced in 2014 for our home games, and hence it has been one of the features we’ve been working hard to bring back for 2018,” Mr Richardson said.

“In order for this to happen, we had to partner Tennis SA (the venue) and the SMA (catering & licence) and we’re pleased to have reached a position which allows Game Day Village to proceed.

“It is a great outcome for the club and more importantly for our members.

“Importantly also, the authenticity of Game Day Village has been retained with Port Adelaide to manage the experience and theming whilst working with the SMA to deliver a variety of food and beverage options which will create a point of difference from the stadium and that we are sure supporters will enjoy and appreciate.

“On behalf of the club I thank our people for their patience while we resolved some licensing issues that impacted our Round 3 home game against Brisbane.”

I wonder why we had to partner with the SMA - the organisation that continually takes Greed to a new level?

I wonder why we had to partner with the SMA - the organisation that continually takes Greed to a new level?

We grew a pie as instructed and now they would like to get obese on it without lifting a finger.

Sound familiar.

Yeah, * the SMA Village... I won’t be going!

According to the club and Richo

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-04-19/game-day-village-back-for-round-5
“Our members have consistently voted this as one of their favourite game day experiences since it was first introduced in 2014 for our home games, and hence it has been one of the features we’ve been working hard to bring back for 2018,” Mr Richardson said.

“In order for this to happen, we had to partner Tennis SA (the venue) and the SMA (catering & licence) and we’re pleased to have reached a position which allows Game Day Village to proceed.

“It is a great outcome for the club and more importantly for our members.

“Importantly also, the authenticity of Game Day Village has been retained with Port Adelaide to manage the experience and theming whilst working with the SMA to deliver a variety of food and beverage options which will create a point of difference from the stadium and that we are sure supporters will enjoy and appreciate.

“On behalf of the club I thank our people for their patience while we resolved some licensing issues that impacted our Round 3 home game against Brisbane.”

So this basically confirms everything that's been said.

I will give it a go just to see what it is like.

More than likely there are some on here who, in the following 3 weeks, may be able to find out what our Ckub got out of it.

Then it’s a future decision, based on the answers to those 2 questions, whether I go again.

The people aren’t stupid. Everybody on FB has seemed to have caught on.

Most are just asking questions with not a great deal of historical context.

Anyone got a phone number for Cambridge Analytica, I think we have a fresh job for them?

#GDVboycott

They pay licence and set up costs - we still get some coin from it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've made the decision... I won't be drinking at games. And they can shove their shitty overpriced food, too.

If only we played a style of football that didn't make drinking necessary.

I'm considering giving it a go although maybe not this week as I might be getting to game a bit late by looks of it.
Club has worked tirelessly to get it back, not the way we had hoped, but still it's back.
The members demanded it, Richardson worked on it. Now we slap him and the club in the face?
Too many sooks on here methinks.

Just looked at the Game Day Guide as distributed by the PAFC. No mention of the GDV so maybe the Club are not bothered promoting it? Cannot say I blame them.

Then again maybe it isn't happening ?

The club promoted it on Twitter last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back