Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Lucky escape for Hugh Williams, the competition, and the Glenorchy Council on Friday night. Doesn't matter which league you play in a safe venue is essential. Congratulations to all the medical staff on site as the care given has received high praise.
Very much so. Mind you, being a Council they'd try and worm their way out of it like usual.
Must admit, in all my time following footy I've never known anyone to hit their head on the guttering around a boundary fence (this one being behind the goal).
I remember North Hobart had a padded advertisement hoarding covering the raised concrete section behind the Gorringe Stand goal even in the 90s, the Council took away the old fence scoreboard to avoid players running into it.
Clarence had a player smash his kneecap and miss a season back in about 1990 when he got flung onto the bike track at West Park.

Lucky escape for Hugh Williams, the competition, and the Glenorchy Council on Friday night. Doesn't matter which league you play in a safe venue is essential. Congratulations to all the medical staff on site as the care given has received high praise.

We couldn't see much from that distance. I'm told he was in full flight for the ball then tripped over another defender. He landed over the goal line & his momentum made him slide on the duey surface, into the guttering.

KGV is quite a big ground & appears to have plenty of room between boundary & fencing. I guess they'll look at padding for extra safety. It did seem an unfortunate, freakish incident. Thankfully they say he'll will be ok pretty soon.

Tipping results

Halftimehero 2 total 10.
Madmug 3 total 9.
Grey Budgie 2 total 8.
Whowants2know 2 total 8.
Gibbke 3 total 8.
Buffalo solder 0 total 5.

Anzac Day game, Glenorchy 11.8 (74) d Kingborough 8.6 (54) down at the Twin Ovals.
The Pies having their third game in 11 days managed to hold out the young Kingborough team fresh from the bye.

Silent footage is such fun.
Its a pity AFLTas couldn't bother with a live stream of the game. The Soccer had a live stream of their ANZAC day game at NHO between the Warriors & Zebras (Greeks v Italian clubs). They comentary, 3 cameras & replays etc. Its easy to see who Gives ARA about the presentation of their sport to the public.

Silent footage is such fun.
Its a pity AFLTas couldn't bother with a live stream of the game. The Soccer had a live stream of their ANZAC day game at NHO between the Warriors & Zebras (Greeks v Italian clubs). They comentary, 3 cameras & replays etc. Its easy to see who Gives ARA about the presentation of their sport to the public.
they also live streamed the women's match before the men. I was shocked when i couldntfind the ANZAC Day game at Kingston.

It seems that North Hobart and the Hobart Zebras have a pretty solid relationship. The Zebras ANZAC Day top looked very similar to the Blue and Red yoke of North.

they also live streamed the women's match before the men. I was shocked when i couldntfind the ANZAC Day game at Kingston.

It seems that North Hobart and the Hobart Zebras have a pretty solid relationship. The Zebras ANZAC Day top looked very similar to the Blue and Red yoke of North.

The Zebras social club is just a walk around the corner in Federal st. So it makes sense for them to play their bigger local games at NHO.

The live stream issue speaks to AFLTas pathetic lack of care for the game, the clubs, their sponsors & what supporters are left.

I mean, what are you supposed to think of their management of the game? We just lost 2 clubs, 3 including the South/ Storm/ Hawks mess.

You think they could at least pretend they GAF about the game & even the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Zebras social club is just a walk around the corner in Federal st. So it makes sense for them to play their bigger local games at NHO.

The live stream issue speaks to AFLTas pathetic lack of care for the game, the clubs, their sponsors & what supporters are left.

I mean, what are you supposed to think of their management of the game? We just lost 2 clubs, 3 including the South/ Storm/ Hawks mess.

You think they could at least pretend they GAF about the game & even the day.

Their was a stream of the game on spreaker which is radio commentary. They will live vision stream the match at Bellerive on Saturday, calm the farm a bit....

Their was a stream of the game on spreaker which is radio commentary. They will live vision stream the match at Bellerive on Saturday, calm the farm a bit....

The ANZAC day thing, Its just an example of how one organisation is getting it right for their sport & another, run from Melbourne, doesn't GAS.

The ANZAC day thing, Its just an example of how one organisation is getting it right for their sport & another, run from Melbourne, doesn't GAS.

What because they didn't stream the game? Get off your ass and go too it.

They stream one game a week, usually a match that involves a Southern and Northern side so it gives a chance for one supporter base to watch without travelling, whinge about something else pal, you are way off the mark having a crack at the media coverage of the league.

What because they didn't stream the game? Get off your ass and go too it.

They stream one game a week, usually a match that involves a Southern and Northern side so it gives a chance for one supporter base to watch without travelling, whinge about something else pal, you are way off the mark having a crack at the media coverage of the league.

I made a point about soccer getting it right on ANZAC day. AFLTas clearly make a pretence of the day with their non effort to showcase the day.

I don't know why you are sucking up AFLTas arze over this. Really I don't.

I'll also comment about anything to do with Tas footy that I like.

'Pal'

I made a point about soccer getting it right on ANZAC day. AFLTas clearly make a pretence of the day with their non effort to showcase the day.

I don't know why you are sucking up AFLTas arze over this. Really I don't.

I'll also comment about anything to do with Tas footy that I like.

'Pal'

I am not sucking up their ass at all, I just think what Damian Gill is doing with the media coverage of the TSL is a good thing, for you to blow up over them not streaming a particular match is just absurd, you just whinge and whinge about every little thing you can, its the second time you have had a crack over the streaming of games, why?

I am not sucking up their ass at all, I just think what Damian Gill is doing with the media coverage of the TSL is a good thing, for you to blow up over them not streaming a particular match is just absurd, you just whinge and whinge about every little thing you can, its the second time you have had a crack over the streaming of games, why?

A 'particular' match? It was a very 'specific' match

I pointed out the FACT that soccer did ANZAC day well & AFLTas ignored it.

So you attack me just for pointing out that FACT!!

I couldn't care less if Damian Gill was Steven Spielberg. What I said was correct & relevant.

You can crawl all up AFLTas all you like, It doesn't change the fact Soccer did ANZAC day well, & AFLTas had a day off.

No respect for the TSL's own ANZAC day game, the clubs involved who went to the trouble of organising the day & ceremony, their supporters, or their sponsors.

Saying nothing doesn't hide the fact.

A 'particular' match? It was a very 'specific' match

I pointed out the FACT that soccer did ANZAC day well & AFLTas ignored it.

So you attack me just for pointing out that FACT!!

I couldn't care less if Damian Gill was Steven Spielberg. What I said was correct & relevant.

You can crawl all up AFLTas all you like, It doesn't change the fact Soccer did ANZAC day well, & AFLTas had a day off.

No respect for the TSL's own ANZAC day game, the clubs involved who went to the trouble of organising the day & ceremony, their supporters, or their sponsors.

Saying nothing doesn't hide the fact.

You'd complain about [redacted], fair dinkum mate, get a hobby for fek sake.

Edit: not needed - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting statistic's if you compare

AFL Tasmania YouTube channel to FFT TV Channel (Soccer)

AFL Tasmania 502 Subscribers

FFT TV 1.6K Subscribers

Last Saturday games

AFL Tasmania Clarence Vs North Launceston 427 Views

FFT TV Clarence Vs Kingborough 1.1K Views

Pity Duff is permanently banned from BF...his views would be interesting, put a proposal to AFL tas years ago I think Scott Wade and "China" Young though YouTube was a cold beverage and Streaming was a place up the back of Ouse!

Still can not beat being there live ! I watched the Game from North Hobart on Anzac Day Olympia and Zebras and yes the Zebras kit was in honor of the NHFC and the ANZACS

Last edited:
Interesting statistic's if you compare

AFL Tasmania YouTube channel to FFT TV Channel (Soccer)

AFL Tasmania 502 Subscribers

FFT TV 1.6K Subscribers

Last Saturday games

AFL Tasmania Clarence Vs North Launceston 427 Views

FFT TV Clarence Vs Kingborough 1.1K Views

Pity Duff is permanently banned from BF...his views would be interesting, put a proposal to AFL tas years ago I think Scott Wade and "China" Young though YouTube was a cold beverage and Streaming was a place up the back of Ouse!

Still can not beat being there live ! I watched the Game from North Hobart on Anzac Day Olympia and Zebras and yes the Zebras kit was in honor of the NHFC and the ANZACS

Geez your not criticising AFLtas are you?

Remember that even using facts can get you a rebuke. Hopefully your club won't cop it behind the scenes.

I watched much of that soccer ANZAC day game on live stream, It was very well presented.

The treatment of Duff just shows the vindictive nature of AFL staff. Thats a real pity. Its a bit like Brett Geeves & Cricket Tas. its an attempt at bullying.

No wonder some clubs suck up to them so far. I guess its Fear, or maybe some largesse of some description perhaps?

Geez your not criticising AFLtas are you?

Remember that even using facts can get you a rebuke. Hopefully your club won't cop it behind the scenes.

I watched much of that soccer ANZAC day game on live stream, It was very well presented.

The treatment of Duff just shows the vindictive nature of AFL staff. Thats a real pity. Its a bit like Brett Geeves & Cricket Tas. its an attempt at bullying.

No wonder some clubs suck up to them so far. I guess its Fear, or maybe some largesse of some description perhaps?

Maybe the idea is AFLTAS want bums on seats at the ground, not in living rooms. I really cant believe you are making such a big issue of the non streaming of a match between two local clubs who's supporters had no reason to not attend, as grey budgie said, you cant beat it live. Tomorrow however, Clarence V Launceston will be streamed live, brilliant for Launceston supporters who cant make the trip down, and maybe they may do as Glenorchy did a few weeks back and stream it live into the clubrooms and take advantage of the chance to make some money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back