Discussion State League Guernseys

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I found out the reason why richmond dont wear their home jumper in anything but afl. they say it means a lot to play for richmond that they will only play in the richmond jumper for senior level football in the AFL hence having preseason jumpers aswell. it will be intresting what will happen for AFLW

I found out the reason why richmond dont wear their home jumper in anything but afl. they say it means a lot to play for richmond that they will only play in the richmond jumper for senior level football in the AFL hence having preseason jumpers aswell. it will be intresting what will happen for AFLW
I'd guess that they'd wear the men's home jumper but with yellow cuffs, collar and shoulder panel. Like a yellow version of the jumper on the right.
7e1b9228a2504b86afa5d307b1c53a94

Ummm i'm only guessing here but the Tigers AFLW will be senior level so they will wear the yellow on black like the senior mens.

Why wear a Carlton monogram when you aren’t even called Carlton, and there’s no C in Northern Blues or Preston Bullants. Navy with a white bull ant would be very fair.
It seems like Carlton want their own reserves team, but it's cheaper to affiliate. So in effect, they are really a Carlton reserves team keeping the Bullants afloat at a cost of their colours, emblem, half their home games. But they get to keep the Bullants 4 premierships.

Why not simply maintain the alliance? The Preston (or northern) bull ants are Carlton 2s. Same as the sandy zebras are St Kilda and haven’t changed their colors etc...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Saints probably have much more respect for Sandringham than Carlton have for the Bullants. Sandringham are going to wear a St. Kilda jumper for games at Moorabbin IIRC. But St. Kilda probably recognise that there are no direct benefits to having a reserves team with their own name, other than continuity.

raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
From my point of view, I think Carlton have completely disrespected PFC. The Bullant should be front and centre, like the Mustang on the Box Hill jumper. Not put inside the jumper where it ends up out of sight.

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
From my point of view, I think Carlton have completely disrespected PFC. The Bullant should be front and centre, like the Mustang on the Box Hill jumper. Not put inside the jumper where it ends up out of sight.
It does rank as a token effort. Either take them over and move on or don't.

Casey wearing their navy SFC monogram jumper, navy shorts and white MND socks; Collingwood wearing the black jumper, white shorts and surprisingly blue MND socks.

I can only think of other 2 occasions (both at senior level - black & white hooped socks vs swan districts and black skeleton socks once against Carlton) where the 'pies haven't worn black socks or black socks with a white horizontal bar.

upload_2018-6-9_15-8-36.png

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
Screenshot-2018-6-9 SANFL [Official] ( sanfl_official) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Can't fault the cause, but have we ever seen a guernsey with plain text on it displaying a message like Woodville West Torrens wore today vs Crows Reserves?

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
View attachment 509655

Can't fault the cause, but have we ever seen a guernsey with plain text on it displaying a message like Woodville West Torrens wore today vs Crows Reserves?
Essendon had Speed Kills in the 90's and Richmond had Drink Drive-Bloody Idiot as well

Essendon had Speed Kills in the 90's and Richmond had Drink Drive-Bloody Idiot as well
Yes, although I think Cole is trying to ask has there ever been text that isn’t a sponsor for a company, just a message.

Back