Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn't even have to be Ascot. America or France or going to dirt. Hell I would've even taken a trip to the Hong Kong fish bowl. Just a different challenge than seeing the same thing again and again against our spuds

If they only care about the money then sure just tick them off here over and over but what a massive waste of opportunity if you love the sport

The comments about the horses welfare are just a cop out. If she travels and isn't right over there just pull the pin

Lol, in 50 years noone is going to care what she beat. They'll only care about "Won Cox Plate 2015-2018"

I get the staying in Australia part in terms of potentially damaging the horse long term. But I can't at all understand not taking risks here. There is absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain in having a crack at an Everest or Cup. The crap Waller was speaking the other day was very frustrating to read.

Her legacy is set, have some fun with it.

Would hate to see her in an Everest. She would get beaten for fun and the race is just a soulless money grab. Pull a few strings to try to get 59 in the cup after winning the cox plate would be the better of the two options

Both are more risky than running over a mile to 2000m overseas though which is clearly the best option

He came back with multiple G1 placings and won the TJ Smith. I wouldn't buy for a second that it ruined him he was just a very good sprinter whose output dipped only slightly with age

Nailed it - doubt it affected him at all - just finally found some horses that could race on pace and not collapse in the last 400 and unsurprisingly he wasn't good enough to run past them anymore.

Worrying about getting sick travelling is the biggest cop out of all time - doesn't seem to impact any other countries horses. Maybe ours are just soft

Nope. Everest first up, Cox plate 2nd up. Win both and she’s second only to phar lap

I like it - then straight to Flemington for the Cup followed by Japan in November - it will be her last prep FFS just roll some *ing dice!!!

He came back with multiple G1 placings and won the TJ Smith. I wouldn't buy for a second that it ruined him he was just a very good sprinter whose output dipped only slightly with age

But how many unplaced ? What was his win/ place strike rate before and after,
He was disappointing in the spring immediately after.
Didn’t come back the same horse imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how many unplaced ? What was his win/ place strike rate before and after,
He was disappointing in the spring immediately after.
Didn’t come back the same horse imho.

His Moonee Valley runs were s**t but then he didnt finish outside the top 3 during the Autumn. Three times at G1 level

When better horses come along and you're another year older expecting the same results as when you were at your peak is ridiculous. His TJ Smith win indicated he was completely fine

His Moonee Valley runs were s**t but then he didnt finish outside the top 3 during the Autumn. Three times at G1 level

When better horses come along and you're another year older expecting the same results as when you were at your peak is ridiculous. His TJ Smith win indicated he was completely fine

It clearly knocked him about though, something which the stable admitted.

10 runs since for 1 win and 6 unplaced with the likes of English and Ball of Muscle beating him home a couple of times last spring says to me the HK trip took a stack out of him.

10 runs since for 1 win and 6 unplaced with the likes of English and Ball of Muscle beating him home a couple of times last spring says to me the HK trip took a stack out of him.

In the subsequent autumn he got beat a bees dick by Le Romain and was placed in a Ryder over an unsuitable 1500 - he was completely fine - he just finally had some decent horses to run down.

Can anybody explain to me why travel is such a big risk for a horse? In particular im looking for answers relating to why human air travel is not a risk, but horse air travel is. Genuinely interested in the logic in use here.

Can anybody explain to me why travel is such a big risk for a horse? In particular im looking for answers relating to why human air travel is not a risk, but horse air travel is. Genuinely interested in the logic in use here.

Because their favorite neigh neigh dun run no good any more :(

Rubbish. When he goes to s**t 15 months later with a highly successful Autumn in between going back and blaming it on the trip to HK is nonsense

Rubbish. When he goes to s**t 15 months later with a highly successful Autumn in between going back and blaming it on the trip to HK is nonsense

But you concede that his spring immediately after the trip was rubbish too and the stable freely admitted it flattened him.
They’re not machines or even like humans. And he is a particularly idiosyncratic beast.
That the Hawkes’ got him back up for that autumn was brilliant training but that also took a big toll. He was spent after that TJ win and campaign.Now he looks finished.

But ultimately he was 1 from 10 after HK and ran unplaced 6 times...nothing like his form prior to the trip. But sure HK had no impact on him.

But you concede that his spring immediately after the trip was rubbish too and the stable freely admitted it flattened him.
They’re not machines or even like humans. And he is a particularly idiosyncratic beast.
That the Hawkes’ got him back up for that autumn was brilliant training but that also took a big toll. He was spent after that TJ win and campaign.Now he looks finished.

But ultimately he was 1 from 10 after HK and ran unplaced 6 times...nothing like his form prior to the trip. But sure HK had no impact on him.

Lol decent fan fiction you are writing there.

The fact he came back in the Autumn perfectly fine shows that trip didn't ruin him. Filling in the blanks with "oh it was a huge training effort to get him up and he couldn't recover from it" is a nice little story but based on zero evidence or logic.

Using the stats until the end of his career when he was taking on better horses against those during his prime are just purposefully misleading. Most horses would be in the same boat when comparing the twilight of their career against their peak. Trying to draw a correlation with the HK trip when their was a prep in between where he raced at or near his best doesn't add up either.

If you wanted to make the argument that he didn't have enough time to get ready for the following spring because of the trip to HK you might have a fair argument. But there is no way you could say it ruined him given his Autumn form

Lol decent fan fiction you are writing there.

The fact he came back in the Autumn perfectly fine shows that trip didn't ruin him. Filling in the blanks with "oh it was a huge training effort to get him up and he couldn't recover from it" is a nice little story but based on zero evidence or logic.

Using the stats until the end of his career when he was taking on better horses against those during his prime are just purposefully misleading. Most horses would be in the same boat when comparing the twilight of their career against their peak. Trying to draw a correlation with the HK trip when their was a prep in between where he raced at or near his best doesn't add up either.

If you wanted to make the argument that he didn't have enough time to get ready for the following spring because of the trip to HK you might have a fair argument. But there is no way you could say it ruined him given his Autumn form

Yep going in circles here. We disagree but I didnt use ‘ruined’ I said he didn’t come back the same horse and that HK clearly knocked him about. Hard to argue with the stable I would think. Anyway pointless to go on I spose, we see it differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back