Gowers is God

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The emergence of Susan Boyle from ‘Britain’s got Talent’ may not have been the first thing that sprung to mind for the Bulldog faithful as Gowers turned some blue campaigner inside out last night - but it was for mine.

Gowers has simply come from no where, and is refreshingly unattractive, but that’s another story.

His attitude to attack the ball and man is everything Stringer did not have. Unlike Stringer, there is no ‘look at me, look at me’ strut, or Boyle for that matter.

One can only hope that unlike Susan Boyle, he does not start shagging every lad on the town simply because he is becoming famous. Great start Billy.

Last edited:
The kid is a rippa! If he starts a hitting his opportunities and doesn’t make mistakes like he did last night (50m penalty) he’ll be a headache for teams. He has aggression in the contests, a bit of X factor and looks like he’s a hard size to man up on for opponents.

Might not have all the skills of Stringer but I think he’s a good replacement. Really seems like he might explode in a game this year. Worked well in tandem with Lippa last night.

As one of his biggest supporters on here pre-draft, he's doing exactly what we wanted when we recruited him. He's popping up for a goal a game and is using his bigger frame in the contest. He's more of a Crameri replacement than a Stringer replacement in style but unlike Stringer he's an aerial threat and is laying tackles.

Glad he kicked that set shot on a tight angle, looks like he is growing in confidence.

Will be interesting to see if he has some more development left in him or if this will be his level (which is pretty decent)
I have no doubt he has a ton of development in him, his athleticism and footy smarts almost guarantee it IMO... With experience he'll learn to curb that rush of blood exuberance that gets in the way at times but he gives us a different look up forward, one that I like the look of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his work off the ball and after contests just being a pest and throwing his body into anyone he walks past. Our team has really lacked that recently, if he can improve his kicking he will be a real weapon for us.

Can’t question his desire, think he’ll develop a cult following - if he maintains recent performances.

One brain fade aside his decision making and execution was better last night. And that is my main criticism. Hard at it, strut with attack on ball and man to back it up (unlike Stringer). Can also mark on the lead.

If he can maintain his disposal like last night he looms as a solid player.

The Gowers play on into double 50 was the dumbest thing I've seen from a Dogs player since the Will Minson days but I love how he didnt sulk about it and just got on with things. I felt bad for him because he must have felt so stupid but was great to see he didnt drop his head.
I don’t subscribe to it. That umpire had a bee in his bonnet, and was just looking for any excuse to punish us there, was bizarre for mine. I like Gowers, his forward craft is great, has great hands, but he shouldn’t have played on when he did and should’ve played on when he had Wallis on his own in the goalsquare 2 mins later!

The emergence of Susan Boyle from ‘Britain’s got Talent’ may not have been the first thing that sprung to mind for the Bulldog faithful as Gowers turned some blue campaigner inside out last night - but it was for mine.

Gowers has simply come from no where, and is refreshingly unattractive, but that’s another story.

His attitude to attack the ball and man is everything Stringer did not have. Unlike Stringer, there is no ‘look at me, look at me’ strut, or Boyle for that matter.

One can only hope that unlike Susan Boyle, he does not start shagging every lad on the town simply because he is becoming famous. Great start Billy.

Hang on a minute , Susan Boyle " shagged every boy in town " ?
I might need Scrag to interrogate you a little further with that claim !,

Still young too (same age as Dale) so he’s probably got a lot of improvement left. If he continues at current pace he will finish with 25-30 goals which would be a great first year result.

Doesn’t have the flair of some midsize forwards but has the attitude and can take a grab. Gets a tick from me.

Watching someone actually mark the ball inside the forward 50 truly is a sight to behold. Loving what he's bringing to the side. Only 21 so plenty of time to get better at the things he needs to improve.

sAgxAjY.jpg

So the play on inside 50 was just a ploy to make him seem human & that he’s not actually God?

That is genius. Bravo Billy, bravo!
The game was over and thou almighty decided to provide some humour to his disciples.

Unfortunately his greatest fan threw a half empty bottle of Bulleit 95 through his Samsung 52 inch. William J Gowers attempted to make up for his sin by reciting a verse of forgiveness to the white maggot, who was clearly an atheist.

Yet so many people still want him dropped or that he should be on the chopping board, fools
Guy has work ethic and a defensive side, something Stringer didn't have. He provides the team in areas we lack in, and has been doing his job well. Shame a few cannot see that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back