Nokia 8 - Anyone got one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Need to buy a new phone the old Nexus 5 is on its last legs and I patently object to spending over a grand for a phone, been reading up on the Nokia 8's and seeing mostly positive reviews particularly around the pure Android aspect.

Has anyone in Big Footy world got one and how are you finding it?

Need to buy a new phone the old Nexus 5 is on its last legs and I patently object to spending over a grand for a phone, been reading up on the Nokia 8's and seeing mostly positive reviews particularly around the pure Android aspect.

Has anyone in Big Footy world got one and how are you finding it?
My Nexus 5 is so slow since the Oreo update I think..Pretty much over it now.
Anyway, there is a way of rolling back to Anroid 7 via apk as I damn well want to eek ever single one of my $340 out of this Nexus.

But yes. The Nokia phone did catch my eye..

Yeah mate. Using it as we speak. Very happy with it. Iv had it since November last year as I couldn't justify spending over a 1g on a phone. Bout this for $700 . There alot cheaper now :( .
All going well. Fast enough. Feel good in the hand. Only bad thing is finding a good phone cover. There are heap of good ones for the iPhone's and galaxy . I got a $10 on eBay which is ok with out been great...
The lay out of is smilar android phones..
Battery life is A grade, that's one thing I really like.
I would get another one if a Nokia brings a updated one. But will keep this for a couple years yet

Yeah mate. Using it as we speak. Very happy with it. Iv had it since November last year as I couldn't justify spending over a 1g on a phone. Bout this for $700 . There alot cheaper now :( .
All going well. Fast enough. Feel good in the hand. Only bad thing is finding a good phone cover. There are heap of good ones for the iPhone's and galaxy . I got a $10 on eBay which is ok with out been great...
The lay out of is smilar android phones..
Battery life is A grade, that's one thing I really like.
I would get another one if a Nokia brings a updated one. But will keep this for a couple years yet
Yeah I got mine for 530ish in the end just setting it up tonight coinciding with changing providers and loving it already!

Loving this phone pure android feels like my old Nexus and cost wise just over 500 can't argue!

It would be what I'd get if my current one died today (it's still going strong so I can't justify upgrading yet). The metal back is a great selling point for me, I'm not a fan of the recent trends of glass backs.

$500 for a QHD display, SD 835, headphone jack, premium build and good camera is a very good deal.

It would be what I'd get if my current one died today (it's still going strong so I can't justify upgrading yet). The metal back is a great selling point for me, I'm not a fan of the recent trends of glass backs.

$500 for a QHD display, SD 835, headphone jack, premium build and good camera is a very good deal.

Early days yet, but if it keeps going as well as it has been, I'll be sticking with Nokia's from now on!

Hey Punchy, I've got the Nokia 7 Plus and I have to agree, they are a fantastic phone (I imagine the 8 is just as good).
That Android One program is something HDM Global got so right.

Hey Punchy, I've got the Nokia 7 Plus and I have to agree, they are a fantastic phone (I imagine the 8 is just as good).
That Android One program is something HDM Global got so right.
Yeah I'm still loving mine have convinced work to start using them as well. As long as they stick in this path I'll be buying them from now on!

Yeah I'm still loving mine have convinced work to start using them as well. As long as they stick in this path I'll be buying them from now on!
Well I ran over my Nokia 8 run over with a truck by mistake lol. I got a Oppo r11 given to me, the Nokia 8 wins hands down, Il keep the Oppo, for a few more months then straight back to the Nokia Il go. .. Are the Nokia 7.1 the newer versions?

The only real bad thing with the Nokia is they don't have a real good Tradie phone cover like a Otter Box, like they do for the IPhone and Samsung's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering getting one to replace my Nexus 5X. Worth it?

Possibly that or the Nokia 7.1 - which is the new mid-ranger but I like the smaller bezels, the rear fingerprint scanner, and the fact that it has Android One.

Possibly that or the Nokia 7.1 - which is the new mid-ranger but I like the smaller bezels, the rear fingerprint scanner, and the fact that it has Android One.
Do it you'll feel like you're still using your Nexus

Have a look at Oneplus 6 which have dropped a fair bit with the 6T launch. Closest thing you'll find to pure Android outside of Pixel.

Had mine since June and absolutely love it.

Only problem is you have to grey import, so warranty will be an issue..

Bloody bargain!

Yeah and they wanted $500, reduced from $550.
I showed them a picture of the receipt of some guy from Ozbargain who get his from another SA store for $247 on clearance, and after a bit of fuss from the guy trying to see whether that receipt was legit (it was), they price matched it for the same price.
Very happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back