Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Worlds best sprinter 3 years running?

Your opinion is racing is always bad these days.
in a poor era

we always have teh best sprinters so if you are Australias best sprinter you will probably be the worlds best sprinter.
I would put money on Trapeze Artist at its best would beat Chat at his best every time. (cant trust TA though)

He is lucky he wasn't around in the BC era. he would be getting beaten 5 to 6 lengths and 2 lengths by Hay list

The "how many group 1 races have I won" argument is not a proper argument. there are 80 or so group 1 races every year, something has to win one.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would rate Hay list, Placid Ark era in the prehistoric times. The Brawny Spirit, Sequalo Era, Hareeba , Alinghi, Takeover Target, Miss Andretti etc All got Lengths on him

so a couple horses of recent times and a massive bunch from the 80's 90's the apparent pinnacle of Australian racing. I'm shocked.

i guess this time you can't blame the breeders for our lack of sprinting stocks though.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
you consider Trapeze Artist a strong horse in a strong era? or just a horse thats better than Chaut?
A line through Redzel, Sat wide beat him easily. Redzel and Chat about even at their peaks
Its not a strong Era at all, but he is the best of them. For fear of repeating myself a lot of what could have been good sprinters are not at stud. Thought Flying Artie would be very very good but have no clue now cos he never proved himself.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A line through Redzel, Sat wide beat him easily. Redzel and Chat about even at their peaks
Its not a strong Era at all, but he is the best of them. For fear of repeating myself a lot of what could have been good sprinters are not at stud. Thought Flying Artie would be very very good but have no clue now cos he never proved himself.

haha Redzel about equal at their best. you make me chuckle some times.

for reference, when was our last strong era outside BC. has it been a 25 year drought?

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Redzel equal to chaut. Now I know you’re trolling.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
my apologies
both are ordinary!
Redzel a length more ordinary than Chat even though it beats it all the time

Redzel is very consistent, but he is not a top liner. On my ratings Chautauqua’s best figure was 3L better than redzel. There is no hope at all that Redzel could hold out Chautauqua when both in their prime. No hope at all.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Redzel is very consistent, but he is not a top liner. On my ratings Chautauqua’s best figure was 3L better than redzel. There is no hope at all that Redzel could hold out Chautauqua when both in their prime. No hope at all.
Ratings are not the be all and end all. Good guide for punting in the moment but that is all. I like horses racing together as a sign on who is better
as a matter of interest have you ever rated Northerly vs Sunline? Northerly IMO lengths better than Sunline , always did it tough against her but always put her away. Sunline another who's record was inflated by a poor era

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ratings are not the be all and end all. Good guide for punting in the moment but that is all. I like horses racing together as a sign on who is better
as a matter of interest have you ever rated Northerly vs Sunline? Northerly IMO lengths better than Sunline , always did it tough against her but always put her away. Sunline another who's record was inflated by a poor era

Yes northerly was a better horse than sunline

Back