QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the conditions like up there..10.16 to 8.14 can't have been a brilliant day?
Pretty windy but agree with sp not a great spectacle at all hard contested game but skills across the board poor and not sure why the ruck duel between Mcdonald and Simpson terrific and the blokes with high level skills like fitzpatrick laskey and dzufer really stood out amongst the rest

At Coorparoo, Caloundra got the jump, had all the play in Q1 but failed to capitalise with 10 scoring shots to 2 and only a 3 goal lead. Thats where the game was won and lost. Hard to keep momentum for a whole game.
Coorparoo were good enough and smart enough to reassess and steadily got back into game. With a minute to go Caloundra had a chance to ice the game with a shot on goal but unfortunately went astray. Both sides missing quite a few key players but unlike the game at weyba rd was actually a very high standard game played in really good conditions.
Coorparoo had a fantastic ladies day function cracking along post match and during the afternoon and it was a really good set up. Match played in good spirits. Like to think both clubs will be seeing Aug/Sept action.

Aspley going along quietly it seems too. Think they could be a smokey..

Played them two weeks in a row obviously. Very impressive. I was there watching their Grand final success last year. They play some good footy. They have some big bodies and they click really well as a team.

Played them two weeks in a row obviously. Very impressive. I was there watching their Grand final success last year. They play some good footy. They have some big bodies and they click really well as a team.
Couple of surprising results with cooparoo and Aspley both going down.watched Noosa take care of uni after qtr time in front of one of the smallest crowds I’ve seen at noosafor years.no presidents lunch with Ricky Nixon due to not enough numbers.sure it won’t be the same this week with a night game v cooparoo(1st v 3rd) and Jeff Thomson as our dinner speaker.

I think Springwood will be pretty good though. Their senior group looked pretty good despite the troubles over the summer break. Good on them too.

U wouldn’t have cancelled too many president luncheons overthe years would you mate?

Springwood hosting Maroochydore this week will be an interesting contest - Roos have a long list of injuries, but should get Simpson, Ainsworth and Norman back this week.

Interesting Springwood have only lost once, and it was to Yeronga.

Seems like the comp won't be as even as last year, but if you're pff your game you can still get beaten by anyone in the bottom half of the ladder.

Interesting Springwood have only lost once, and it was to Yeronga.

Seems like the comp won't be as even as last year, but if you're pff your game you can still get beaten by anyone in the bottom half of the ladder.

Think it says more about what Yeronga can do with a full side - their departures have meant a few outs really test their depth. In saying that I think them, UQ, Burleigh will probably be the bottom tier, Mayne Coorparoo Springwood Aspley and Caloundra the next, and the top being Maroochy and Noosa. Any of those mid tier teams could make a jump into the top.

I think Springwood will be pretty good though. Their senior group looked pretty good despite the troubles over the summer break. Good on them too.

U wouldn’t have cancelled too many president luncheons overthe years would you mate?
No mate that’s the first one we’ve had to cancel due to lack of interest

A much improved showing from UQ this week but alas.... no candy in the seniors, just another 4 points lost.

Credit where credit is due, Burleigh took their chances when it counted. I felt UQ had all the momentum in the forth, but just didn't take the chances. The wind played havoc and it cost us. I think the Bombers played their ground well and it gave it them the win.

Just another tough week this this guy seeing my club like this :(

Noosa far too good for an injury riddled cooparoo at Noosa Saturday night.pretty horrible conditions with heavy rain and again strong winds affecting the contest but the home side too skillful and ran all over the navy blues in the second half.noosa now hit the road after 4 home games so be interesting to c how they handle it after losing their only away game in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noosa Probably have th3 strongest list atm I would say YDM. In good shape.
Like most seasons think there will be a lot of man mangement required by coaches to keep list fit and healthy. Also a bit of luck with hard tissue injuries. Next month will sort a bit out imo.

A much improved showing from UQ this week but alas.... no candy in the seniors, just another 4 points lost.

Credit where credit is due, Burleigh took their chances when it counted. I felt UQ had all the momentum in the forth, but just didn't take the chances. The wind played havoc and it cost us. I think the Bombers played their ground well and it gave it them the win.

Just another tough week this this guy seeing my club like this :(

Whats going on there? Seems like a pretty good team on paper. Nowhere near it though?

whats the story with playing and training? Is the UQ ground closed or something?

Just away games all season, or temporarily? Where are they training?

Makes you wonder why the likes of Tagell, Pershouse, Bertoli-Simmonds etc stick around at such a disfucntional joint

Chezalenko will be able to shed more light on it but from my understanding, new ground not ready, old ground been taken over, therefore training is all over the place.
I think its a good look for decent players to stay put. Mind you a few might be on the scholarship system so have to but facilities don't make a footy club.

In
The player coach system doesn't seem to be working, also having all away games has been far from ideal.
Interested to hear your thoughts on why playing coach not working? Imo there is only 1 way it can work and that is that you pretty much hand over complete control to a reliable, trustworthy assisant on match day, your work , is done during the week,, and, you the coach, focus on getting a kick.

In

Interested to hear your thoughts on why playing coach not working? Imo there is only 1 way it can work and that is that you pretty much hand over complete control to a reliable, trustworthy assisant on match day, your work , is done during the week,, and, you the coach, focus on getting a kick.
Reliable trustworthy assistants being the key words there, don’t think they have that yet.

whats the story with playing and training? Is the UQ ground closed or something?

Just away games all season, or temporarily? Where are they training?

Makes you wonder why the likes of Tagell, Pershouse, Bertoli-Simmonds etc stick around at such a disfucntional joint

See I have a problem with this post.

You ask these questions about where our games are, where we training. ...

In the same post you past judgement and proclaim we are a dysfunctional before getting any response. I was on the bus trip to Noosa with the boys, I head to most training sessions, I'm often the first to arrive on game day and almost always to leave. To be told that my squad is dysfunctional by someone that doesn't know what is going out I find absolutely astonishing. Most clubs thus far have been nothing less than supportive and have been happy to accommodate some extra home games.

The circumstances at UQ in regards to our oval, training facilities are extremely frustrating for the committee and for the playing group. I can't express my frustration enough as a long time volunteer who has come back in the last two years. But I know none of the situation that we have this season is a result of UQAFC.

Long story short there has been several delays going back to last year in regards to the redevelopment of the oval and unfortunately that has continued to now.

The good news is that the ball has finally begun the run with that and hopefully the second half of the season UQ will have its redeveloped oval on the other side of the campus, but also during the off season its brand new club house.

See I have a problem with this post.

The good news is that the ball has finally begun the run with that and hopefully the second half of the season UQ will have its redeveloped oval on the other side of the campus, but also during the off season its brand new club house.

sounds good. where is it? Over near the colleges, or near the green bridge?

What will the clubhouse entail, do you need to share with other usergroups? Licensed?

No idea on your coaching setup, but keep an eye out for people who don't delegate ;)

sounds good. where is it? Over near the colleges, or near the green bridge?

What will the clubhouse entail, do you need to share with other usergroups? Licensed?

No idea on your coaching setup, but keep an eye out for people who don't delegate ;)

Not sure of all the details but will be revealed in due time.

Our new oval is number 2 which is between then colleges and the green bridge. We will have 4 change rooms I believe. I don't believe it's a shared facility but we may.

. :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back