Prediction Changes v Brisbane: in Varcoe, Moore, Crocker, Adams; out: Reid, Brown, Aish, Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ins. Not joining in on the Blair & Mayne whitch hunt.
We already have 4 ins. Sier & Fas would have been 6. Too many in one week I reckon.
Hopefully we can expect Wells back next week. Fas will get his chance at some stage.

I'm with you.

I think the changes we made were good options. Moore, Adams and Varcoe are great additions. My preference would have been Fasolo rather than Crocker but still happy overall.

Not too fazed with the idea of keeping Blair and Mayne in for this week. I think they will make way in the next week or so for the likes of Wells, Elliott, Brown, Langdon, Greenwood, Fasolo etc.

I saw a VFL game where Mayne played a wing or high half forward role and played well so let's give him a go there.

Blairy always has a crack and he was ok last week. Given we already had 3 forced changes and Brown is being rested it's not such a bad thing not to make too many more changes.

Hopefully line up as follows:

B - Appleby Dunn Sharenberg
HB - Murray Howe Crisp
C - WHE Pendlebury Treloar
HF - Thomas Moore Sidebottom
F - Varcoe Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams DeGoey
INT - Phillips Crocker Mayne Blair

Contract I think plays a Big Role in it
Dave Dave Dave, contract has a big fat ZERO to do with it.

If it was the contract he’d play all the time. He had no games for what a whole year.

AND surely his contract has inbuilt performance criteria eg games played, Copeland position etc et

If anything it would be (likely) cheaper not to play him.

Maybe it’s as simple as he did enough last week and he’s given his chance.

Whilst I don’t think he’s our future he’s still better than a few I could name. But discretion is the better part of valour.

Maybe the few players need a bit of Aunt Lydia’s special love?

(Handmaids tale reference.)

Re Mayne and Blair being picked

It looked like the switch had been finally turned on in Buck's/Selection panels heads at start off the year

Looks like now the power has been turned off

Mayne over Fas, you have to be kidding
We selected Smith over Brown at the start of the year

I can rationalise the inclusion of Blair and Maybe (kind of) but I can't be excited about it (or even like it).

They represent an era of the club that I want in the rear view mirror.

Mayne must be doing something right on the track, TBH and i know i'll get flamed for this but he wasn't given much of a go last year, lets hope he turns it around, didn't play a bad game last week.

Played nearly 80 games in the past 4 years, the vast majority were complete garbage. He hasn't had a lack of opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played nearly 80 games in the past 4 years, the vast majority were complete garbage.
I meant for us at AFL level, i remember when i was playing years ago, if i played 2s i'd play like s**t, just couldn't get up for it, there were no nerves, no adrenaline...

In the ones i'd always play much better, not saying it's the same for everyone though.

I meant for us at AFL level, i remember when i was playing years ago, if i played 2s i'd play like s**t, just couldn't get up for it, there were no nerves, no adrenaline...

In the ones i'd always play much better, not saying it's the same for everyone though.

Except Mayne has played 80 games at AFL level in the past 4 years and completely stunk it up.

and close to 80 in the past 4 years :drunk:
He was a safe for the 22 at Fremantle. Has to earn his spot in our 22 so can't see how 4 total games for us in 2 years is a large enough sample size for what he can do, especially with how he performs in the VFL.

He was a safe for the 22 at Fremantle. Has to earn his spot in our 22 so can't see how 4 total games for us in 2 years is a large enough sample size for what he can do, especially with how he performs in the VFL.

He's 29 years old, we have an extremely large sample size for what he can provide at AFL level. 172 games to be precise. Played 1 good season ever and lived off that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back