In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Any truth to the rumour that you can walk into the stadium with a kids ticket? Haven't been to the stadium yet, but a mate of mine told me about some guys he knew who bought a junior pass, scanned them, and walked right through!

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Any truth to the rumour that you can walk into the stadium with a kids ticket? Haven't been to the stadium yet, but a mate of mine told me about some guys he knew who bought a junior pass, scanned them, and walked right through!
I can't confirm, but I can see how it would be possible since most of the staff in the queues are stationed at bag-checking tables, and the ticket scanning turnstiles are a couple of metres behind them and mostly unattended.

wadeallday

All Australian
Sep 10, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat, LA Chargers

Went to the derby with 3 others and all had junior tickets, no problem getting in. Mobile ticket says nothing about the type of ticket and as mentioned above not all turnstiles are occupied with a worker if they were able to see something on the screen when scanning.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Went to the derby with 3 others and all had junior tickets, no problem getting in. Mobile ticket says nothing about the type of ticket and as mentioned above not all turnstiles are occupied with a worker if they were able to see something on the screen when scanning.
There are no screens, the only way they would notice is if they saw the different colour membership card. Doubt they'd care as they are there for security, not to enforce club ticket policy. That's if they even know the difference between the colours on the membership card anyway.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
There are no screens, the only way they would notice is if they saw the different colour membership card. Doubt they'd care as they are there for security, not to enforce club ticket policy. That's if they even know the difference between the colours on the membership card anyway.

Pretty sure 3-game flexi adult membership card is same colour as full game concession membership card

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
bad luck you missed out, did the club tell you that or have you been officially notified?

I know someone that was around 150 spots in front of me that got seats.

I'm only worried they may have some people that missed out somehow and they've been moved to the front of the queue which will then push me back.. we'll see.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
We've just signed up for ITW again (after receiving 4 tickets from the original in ITW membership).

Need another 1 or 2 tickets, my wife has really enjoyed coming to the games so far. Will be interested to see what the number is but I'm hoping sub 1,000 (might be dreaming).
There's always seats free next to us so I'm hoping we might be able to land something nearby in the next 3-4years.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
guys need some help thanks.
When is the earliest I can book my seats as a 5 game Flexi member?
1 week out or 2 before the game?

I'm trying to get Richmond seats and just isn't happening, anyone else having problems?
too soon

i think wednesday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
We've just signed up for ITW again (after receiving 4 tickets from the original in ITW membership).

Need another 1 or 2 tickets, my wife has really enjoyed coming to the games so far. Will be interested to see what the number is but I'm hoping sub 1,000 (might be dreaming).
There's always seats free next to us so I'm hoping we might be able to land something nearby in the next 3-4years.

There were around 17,000 ITW members last year, i believe approx 4500 were put through, then however many flexi's, about 1000? Unfortunately I think you might be sitting a bit over over 10,000.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah, there were way more flexis than that. I'm sure people have said they got up to a bit below 10,000 on the waitlist. I was about 2,500 and got my offer in early March so they would at least be above 6,000 after flex memberships (1 seat = 3 memberships remember)

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
Nah, there were way more flexis than that. I'm sure people have said they got up to a bit below 10,000 on the waitlist. I was about 2,500 and got my offer in early March so they would at least be above 6,000 after flex memberships (1 seat = 3 memberships remember)
Do you mean one seat equals 4 memberships?

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
So did one ITW membership equal 4 seats.
Yep. We got 4 memberships when we got to the front of the line. I think you had to get 2 adult and 2 kids memberships (we have two kids so this worked perfectly for us anyway) and couldnt just get 4 adult memberships straight up.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
I meant that 1 physical seat in the stadium allows one 5 game and two 3 game flexi memberships to be sold (as there are 11 home games in total).

Which means 1 "flexi" seat = 3 memberships.

However for GA "non allocated" seats, it's normal to sell less tickets than there actually are seats - same as cricket.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Which means 1 "flexi" seat = 3 memberships.

However for GA "non allocated" seats, it's normal to sell less tickets than there actually are seats - same as cricket.

So how many GA seats do there appear to be for Eagles flexi bottoms at each game & how many seats for the great unwashed, aka Joe Public & the accompanying rascals?

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
So how many GA seats do there appear to be for Eagles flexi bottoms at each game & how many seats for the great unwashed, aka Joe Public & the accompanying rascals?
No idea - but they are different sections. 3 to 5 flexi's have a set area to sit in.

Joe Public seats are allocated seats, not GA in the true sense of the term.

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Does taking up on a flexi increase or decrease the chances of getting a full membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back