QFA Div 2

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks Longy, I am a fan of yours also. Think you'll find over time my comments are reasonably balanced between fair criticism of some clubs, and fair praise of others. In fact your mob is one I can't recall having a crack at, but thats because there is no reason to.

I'll call a spade a spade, just as you are welcome to have a whack at me whenever you like - I'll survive.

It’s easy to call a spade a spade when you post behind an alias. Feel free to shout me a beer and introduce yourself if we are in the same club at some stage. Would love to put a face to the ramblings

FAN THE MAN

Sep 21, 2017
Given I'm overtly critical of AFLQ more than any clubs, I prefer to stick the alias thanks!

They are worse than the SS when it comes to cracking down on a little bit of fair and just criticism.

Feb 10, 2018
Given I'm overtly critical of AFLQ more than any clubs, I prefer to stick the alias thanks!

They are worse than the SS when it comes to cracking down on a little bit of fair and just criticism.

Pretty sure AFLQ can’t do anything to a random Kenmore supporter who has no official role at the club. Which I’m sure you are aware of also. And also no one believes that story you’ve made up any way.

BlackGun1

Oct 13, 2007
Qld
always clearly been a red herring. though do think (or hope!) that he (or they) aren't from the Magpies.

would be pretty embarassing, almost embarassing as the surfers reserves kid!

Im assuming Fan is the same Fan thats been hanging around these parts for some time.

Being involved with Kedron somewhat, how is Winton travelling Thommo? Good to see him make the step up to QAFL and get a spot. He was a gun junior before he took the foot off the pedal a few years ago. Can definitely play.

Jun 2, 2007
So far so good mate. Good to see him back at his junior club, got chewed up a bit when he opted to have a crack elsewhere there for a while (not Kedron), but has made the step up pretty well considering he came from a Div 2 side that got relegated (no offence intended)

Had a good pre-season and has played 1's opening 2 rounds. He's a bit of an enigma in that from the outside looking in, I'd have no idea where to play him. Could just about play anywhere on the ground other than in the ruck. the ultimate utility. Only going to get better I imagine, nice penetrating kick and good attack at the contest.

his mate Parker has some good attributes too, just had a few injury troubles so far unfortunately.

If you wanted to send George over as well, feel free!

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
So far so good mate. Good to see him back at his junior club, got chewed up a bit when he opted to have a crack elsewhere there for a while (not Kedron), but has made the step up pretty well considering he came from a Div 2 side that got relegated (no offence intended)

Had a good pre-season and has played 1's opening 2 rounds. He's a bit of an enigma in that from the outside looking in, I'd have no idea where to play him. Could just about play anywhere on the ground other than in the ruck. the ultimate utility. Only going to get better I imagine, nice penetrating kick and good attack at the contest.

his mate Parker has some good attributes too, just had a few injury troubles so far unfortunately.

If you wanted to send George over as well, feel free!
Sorry mate George has signed with Grange.
Not sure if he'll play but maybe just helping his mate nutta if they are short.
Good to see blokes wanting to step up a few levels.
Do you think there will be a revamp of the qafl next year.
Word on the street is the neafl might be on its way out.
Any truth in that or just more misinformation.

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Sorry mate George has signed with Grange.
Not sure if he'll play but maybe just helping his mate nutta if they are short.
Good to see blokes wanting to step up a few levels.
Do you think there will be a revamp of the qafl next year.
Word on the street is the neafl might be on its way out.
Any truth in that or just more misinformation.

Pretty sure the wagons are circling at headquarters.

Hence the salary cap and points system introduced to QAFL next year. Think they hope to spread some of the NEAFL talent across more clubs.

Think they would need to be putting options on the table shortly though.

Think it will still be QAFL, Div 1, Div2, etc still but teams will be realigned I would think.

Only my opinion as haven't heard anything but think they are gearing up.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
Pretty sure the wagons are circling at headquarters.

Hence the salary cap and points system introduced to QAFL next year. Think they hope to spread some of the NEAFL talent across more clubs.

Think they would need to be putting options on the table shortly though.

Think it will still be QAFL, Div 1, Div2, etc still but teams will be realigned I would think.

Only my opinion as haven't heard anything but think they are gearing up.
Sounds about right from what I hear.
Either were all getting the same bullshit or there's definitely some truth to it.
So do you think qlds neafl clubs will be in the qafl.
If so what comp will the AFL ressies play.
Leaves them without too many options.
Roll back into the VFL system maybe.
Puts qld footy back a way if that happens.
Will at least make local footy the top comp again all be by default.
Probably a huge advantage to the neafl clubs dropping back.
Would be a shame if they flicked the struggling qafl clubs given they have hung in and kept the comp with numbers.
But I fear once they are superceded by a stronger club they will become fodder.
That would be in my opinion poor form.

FAN THE MAN

Sep 21, 2017
Would think ideally, Sandgate drop out and Aspley, Redlands and Southport join in and make it a quality 12 team QAFL comp.

Nobody else in the QAFL has consistently struggled, so you wouldn't want them basing decisions purely on 2018 results

Would be hard for man of the existing community based QAFL clubs to then compete with the big clubs like those 3 though, who would still be able to sustain player spending of $150k+

Northside Nomad

Oct 6, 2015
GWS
Sounds about right from what I hear.
Either were all getting the same bullshit or there's definitely some truth to it.
So do you think qlds neafl clubs will be in the qafl.
If so what comp will the AFL ressies play.
Leaves them without too many options.
Roll back into the VFL system maybe.
Puts qld footy back a way if that happens.
Will at least make local footy the top comp again all be by default.
Probably a huge advantage to the neafl clubs dropping back.
Would be a shame if they flicked the struggling qafl clubs given they have hung in and kept the comp with numbers.
But I fear once they are superceded by a stronger club they will become fodder.
That would be in my opinion poor form.

Strong support for AFL Reserves comp to be reinstated from both AFL and VFL clubs. This would obviously impact current NEAFL format.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
Would think ideally, Sandgate drop out and Aspley, Redlands and Southport join in and make it a quality 12 team QAFL comp.

Nobody else in the QAFL has consistently struggled, so you wouldn't want them basing decisions purely on 2018 results

Would be hard for man of the existing community based QAFL clubs to then compete with the big clubs like those 3 though, who would still be able to sustain player spending of $150k+
Ideally Sandgate stay and a north coast team comes in to round it out.
Just don't like the idea a shafting them.
Sure they have struggled but some AFL clubs haven't won premiships for decades.
No-one is kicking them out.
Someone has to come first and somone always comes last.
But I fear that will happen and the sunshine coast will not have a top level club.
Short term thinking again.

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania

You obviously struggle with basic math.
Currently there’s 9 teams in the QAFL so minus 1 and add 3 = 11 teams which means there’s still a bye.

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Strong support for AFL Reserves comp to be reinstated from both AFL and VFL clubs. This would obviously impact current NEAFL format.

Think AFL Reserves will be their own competition with all 18 Clubs having a side like the good old days and playing before seniors. I know that is strong push from AFL Players Association as well.

So NEAFL will go I think and VFA may return to its normal competition as well.

Not sure where it leaves the other sides like NT Thunder, Canberra, Sydney Uni etc that were in NEAFL?

Early days but if it's happening next year you would expect some base plan from AFLQ soon you would think.

Denchy

Feb 14, 2017
Think AFL Reserves will be their own competition with all 18 Clubs having a side like the good old days and playing before seniors. I know that is strong push from AFL Players Association as well.

Not sure where it leaves the other sides like NT Thunder, Canberra, Sydney Uni etc that were in NEAFL?

Early days but if it's happening next year you would expect some base plan from AFLQ soon you would think.
VFA back and played on Sundays, 16 a side and no centre square, just like it was, how good would that be

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Can’t force north coast clubs to come in. Not sure the aflq can be pointed at as short term thinkers in that respect. No doubt they want a north coast side.

Reckon 2 will come out of qafl, with 3 in to make it a 10 team comp with 2 down from div 1, and so on. Agree that it would be tough on whoever got demoted but I think put promotion/relegation in to div 1 to qafl. If you are good enough you get back up. Makes all the comps a bit stronger and think that a points/ salary cap system is for the betterment of all clubs tbh if it can be administered.

Be interesting to see how it affects our aspiring draftees. Thunder will play in SA, Sydney teams back locally the 2s afl sides will filter into a north/ south conference style reserves comp I reckon.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
[QUOTE
Can’t force north coast clubs to come in. Not sure the aflq can be pointed at as short term thinkers in that respect. No doubt they want a north coast side.

Reckon 2 will come out of qafl, with 3 in to make it a 10 team comp with 2 down from div 1, and so on. Agree that it would be tough on whoever got demoted but I think put promotion/relegation in to div 1 to qafl. If you are good enough you get back up. Makes all the comps a bit stronger and think that a points/ salary cap system is for the betterment of all clubs tbh if it can be administered.

Be interesting to see how it affects our aspiring draftees. Thunder will play in SA, Sydney teams back locally the 2s afl sides will filter into a north/ south conference style reserves comp I reckon.
Well you can't say there's not enough ideas to look at.
Whatever happens I hope it works for the sake of the game.
I couldn't see why the sunshine coast wouldn't want to be in the qafl.
A real draw card for ex afl players.
Not sure you can have promotion from div one to qafl.
Too many other requirements other than winning.
But hey better discussion than half the s**t on here.

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania

NT Thunder to join SANFL, apparently a preliminary forecast has been done n sent to QAFL clubs by the league?
I think it suggested Southport, Aspley & Redlands to join newly constructed VFL which would be the old VFA when VFL had reserves

Jun 2, 2007
nothing communicated them I'm aware of, but hearing enough whispers to be expecting something soon.Lions and suns have to ensure they recruit properly for their reserves teams and not just reply on young academy players, otherwise it will just get worse for their player development than it already is

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
[QUOTE

Well you can't say there's not enough ideas to look at.
Whatever happens I hope it works for the sake of the game.
I couldn't see why the sunshine coast wouldn't want to be in the qafl.
A real draw card for ex afl players.
Not sure you can have promotion from div one to qafl.
Too many other requirements other than winning.
But hey better discussion than half the s**t on here.

Agree mate. More ideas the better but unless you live on the coast its a hard one to explain. Clubs are so aware of viability and understand where their biggest cash cow is. Playing braodbeach at fishermans rd might be a betterstandard offooty but no one will watch if maroochy are going to lose by 100pts. Better standard of footy does not leadto greater crowd. Neafl vs qafl example

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
NT Thunder to join SANFL, apparently a preliminary forecast has been done n sent to QAFL clubs by the league?
I think it suggested Southport, Aspley & Redlands to join newly constructed VFL which would be the old VFA when VFL had reserves

Ablett, I did hear that earlier in the year and got howled down when I suggested QLD NEAFL Teams may go back into VFAon the QAFL chat room.

Be interesting to see which way it pans out mate

Denchy

Feb 14, 2017
Harder round to tip this week with a few cracking games
Beenleigh over Coomera by less than a goal
Pirates over Coolly
Roos just against Victoria Point
Bond easy against Kenmore
Morten just over Alex Hills