Past Champions who don't get mentioned enough in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

speaker_298.jpg

I feel like Buddha Hocking barely gets mentioned for a 4x All Australian, club record 4x BnF, consistent Brownlow placer, AFL HoF, Club Captain and Geelong Team of the Century.

Probably like most Cats of the 80s-90s; over shadowed by Ablett and a missing a flag to elivate them all that next step in the eyes of the general football fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Buddha Hocking barely gets mentioned for a 4x All Australian, club record 4x BnF, consistent Brownlow placer, AFL HoF, Club Captain and Geelong Team of the Century.

Probably like most Cats of the 80s-90s; over shadowed by Ablett and a missing a flag to elivate them all that next step in the eyes of the general football fan.

Did you see him coach at South? There's a reason people try to forget Garry Hocking.

Did you see him coach at South? There's a reason people try to forget Garry Hocking.

Was also responsible for Peel Thunder in the WAFL during much of their dark days. In one game at a centre bounce he put every single player in the defensive 50.

budda was one of my all time favorite opposition players great skills and not to many tougher. put luke hodge to shame for toughness

Joel Bowden made AA twice in a row (CHB and HBF) playing the quarterback role no-one cared about until Hodge did it in the 08 final, while still playing accountable footy on the big forwards. What often gets lost is that previously he was a forward flanker, but moved back and completely reinvented his game.

He gets forgotten because he is not a media favourite, and funnily enough the only thing anyone remembers about him isn't even true (the lawmakers at the afl have stated that the reason for the rushed rule change was because of hawthorn rushing so many from a long way out during the 08 final).

Opposite fans seem to hate him despite the fact that he was neither a thug, offensive, cheat, sniper, or a complete dud. But he was an exceptional player in a tough position in a s**t team and one of my favourites.

Lost all credibility when he sold out and changed his name. Your name is sacrosanct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back