Ozbargain

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not a scrooge (it's actually my most hated trait) but I love a bargain and more so just like checking them out. So who uses this website daily? Ever gotten a great deal on there? What's the best you've seen? etc etc

Used to often visit many years ago looking for deals on games/consoles.

Remember a crazy AirNZ flight return LA for $800 or something. Never booked it.

Should use more

Use it very frequently and have had some massive savings on there. Really good when people list deals for places I don't check frequently. When I needed a second screen for my PC someone a day early had put up that Officeworks were having clearances on older stock, and got a $400 benq monitor for $64.

Plus I travel a ton, so great for cheap flights, travel sims, and the forums have a lot of good stuff in there too.

I just want to go on there and see some return flights to Europe for 400 bucks or something. I think I read on there, some dude stumbled on 150 flights to London that were supposed to be $1050 but there was some weird error.

I very rarely actually go through on the okay looking stuff because I'm more someone who'll walk in, see something cool, and grab it. Pre-planning a purchase doesn't hold the same appeal.

I just want to go on there and see some return flights to Europe for 400 bucks or something. I think I read on there, some dude stumbled on 150 flights to London that were supposed to be $1050 but there was some weird error.

I very rarely actually go through on the okay looking stuff because I'm more someone who'll walk in, see something cool, and grab it. Pre-planning a purchase doesn't hold the same appeal.

Cheapest i've ever seen Europe flights were $700-800 return to London or Paris. It's usually through Southern China Air or Royal Brunei and has a huge layover somewhere. Total travel time from Melb to London was 36 hours or something like that. So yes it's cheap but it's not overly convenient or pleasant. It's also important to note that the cheapest price for flights may only be available for specific dates and durations e.g. Melb to London on May 10th, London to Melb on May 17th, which isnt really worth it. The travel deals are usually handeld by iwantthatflight.com, and some of the deals might have restrictions on baggage or meals depending on the airline.

Ozbargain these days is basically a listing of eBay promo codes, and prior to the start of the promo, the eBay sellers "price jack" their products so that the promo doesnt end up saving much once the code and/or postage is applied.

I dont think there's much on offer apart from the travel deals. I was lucky to get a return flight from Melb to Tokyo through JAL (very nice airline, would recommend) with no layovers for under $700 last year.

Otherwise it's mostly eBay codes that give a saving on a lot of tech products, gaming stuff, catalogue items (e.g. Coles - most people have the catalogues delivered anyway), appliances, other useless junk.

Been on it since 2013. Got a lot of great stuff (price errors) but it isn't that good now days. The community is ******* cancer too, stay out of the forums there are some real dickheads and dumb plebs in there.

Been on it since 2013. Got a lot of great stuff (price errors) but it isn't that good now days. The community is ******* cancer too, stay out of the forums there are some real dickheads and dumb plebs in there.
So it's bigfooty but it can save you 20 bucks on a slab of piss?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back